When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

World wide rally for freedom & democracy,

So it’s likely to be everyone that has protested for some reason over the last year ... some reasons I fall more in line with and can justify better in my head than others ... 

Edited by crazyfool1

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

It is a perfectly valid argument, but does it have to be made in the "data not dates" way EVERY day? We're not able to change policy, you're lobbying the wrong people! 

Oh I don't the make the argument EVERY time. But this is the thread to comment on that aspect of things 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

So it’s likely to be everyone that has protested for some reason over the summer ... some reasons I fall more in line with and can justify better in my head than others ... 

the anti lockdown knobs are hijacking the reclaim the streets and now the kill the bill thing.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So it’s likely to be everyone that has protested for some reason over the summer ... some reasons I fall more in line with and can justify better in my head than others ... 

Stuff like this concerns me a bit- whips people up for various reasons, no clear aim, likely starting online and becoming a bit of a movement but with no clear organisers. If some agitators were sent in there to make it kick off it would conveniently give a lot of ammunition to the government to push this bill through with some more public support 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

the anti lockdown knobs are hijacking the reclaim the streets and now the kill the bill thing.

Yeah that’s the issue ... can’t abide the anti maskers and anti Vaxers either ... the other causes have decent justification based on long standing issues ... that will likely be issues for some time to come ... 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I don't really understand this internet thing of being proud or happy if someone finds something you're doing a bit tedious. sure, don't care or keep doing it anyway, but I'm not sure how it counts as a win, we're not in competition, you're not my arch nemesis, we just disagree on things! 

Ah I’m only playing. Like you say we just disagree.

To be honest this is my only sounding board for how I feel about it all so I probably vocalise how I feel about it more than perhaps others do.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah that’s the issue ... can’t abide the anti maskers and anti Vaxers either ... the other causes have decent justification based on long standing issues ... that will likely be issues for some time to come ... 

my daughter says she is going to a reclaim the streets type demo. She doesn't really know much, just her friends are going, so she wants to. I could tell her she's not allowed, but she'd just say bollocks and go anyway.

I think it's fair to be frustrated with the cautious pace of the easing of restrictions after such a long time and seeing how well things are going. At same time I understand how they really want to make sure there are no need to reimpose restrictions at any time if things go tits up, so are being extra careful. We're doing good, just think need to be patient.

God I'm so reasonable. Centrist dad.

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Something to consider is the fact we are currently muzzling the kids all day long (and causing all sorts of behavioural and mental health problems) and there is a review of this at Easter.

IF they decide the children don't have to wear muzzles at the start of next term - there will be another nervous wait to see if that has an impact. 

Obviously it will because magic masks are the solutions to everything 😛 

There is NO chance the government are going to go quicker than the roadmap.

You are naomi wolf and I claim my five pounds.

20210319_172721.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I also have a wife working daily in schools dealing with the real world issues coming out of it.  Pretend it doesn't exist but it does.  The kids are miserable and its causing issue.  Teaching in a mask all day is a nightmare as well.

Praying they stop it come Easter.

I saw some kids walking around in masks on their way home from school today. It's mental that they're brainwashed enough to think that's needed. Just make school normal for them, it'll have to be in the future so why not now? 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

The reopening of schools on 8th March was a brilliant decision I think. It gave them 3 weeks to monitor closely the trajectory of positive cases in the three weeks up to Easter, then another two weeks breathing space over the holidays to monitor how things are. The key to lockdown will be that first Covid test (hopefully this will be done formally within school so the results can be properly monitored). The week coming up is also key, before the kids break up. That will give a clear indication of the direction the cases are heading. And allow them to loosen restrictions further if there is still no significant rise in cases within schools, or tighten them further if there is. We are hopefully on the home straight now, and they/we don't want to blow it now by loosening restrictions a bit too early. Easter holidays gives them that breathing space/circuit breaker to properly assess where we are heading. At the moment it all looks like going in the right directions, including within schools, fingers crossed

18 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

The reopening of schools on 8th March was a brilliant decision I think. It gave them 3 weeks to monitor closely the trajectory of positive cases in the three weeks up to Easter, then another two weeks breathing space over the holidays to monitor how things are. The key to lockdown will be that first Covid test (hopefully this will be done formally within school so the results can be properly monitored). The week coming up is also key, before the kids break up. That will give a clear indication of the direction the cases are heading. And allow them to loosen restrictions further if there is still no significant rise in cases within schools, or tighten them further if there is. We are hopefully on the home straight now, and they/we don't want to blow it now by loosening restrictions a bit too early. Easter holidays gives them that breathing space/circuit breaker to properly assess where we are heading. At the moment it all looks like going in the right directions, including within schools, fingers crossed

Definitely positive. Week 2 of schools being open and cases still going down when a lot of Europe is going the other way. 

Really important to get things as low as reasonably possible before opening up the things we know do push R above 1. 

So should anything push us off track there is plenty of contingency room.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Ah I’m only playing. Like you say we just disagree.

To be honest this is my only sounding board for how I feel about it all so I probably vocalise how I feel about it more than perhaps others do.

I mainly end up looking at this thread when I'm feeling annoyed- this is probably not the best combination!😂

Merkel says that she has to pull the emergency brake for Germany with the third wave NOW and the only way out of this is to „vaccinate, vaccinate, vaccinate“ blabiabla. Austrians Chancelor Kurz sees the last few meters of the pandemic blablabla. I wonder what is going on in those minds, really.

27 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Vaccination prevent future waves, the only way to suppress current waves is by strict lockdowns. Vaccines take 3 weeks to take effect and only if a significant proportion of the at risk population are vaccinated really quickly

Hopefully as we start to move more into the working age of the population, we'll see the natural R number of the virus drop lower and lower.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hopefully as we start to move more into the working age of the population, we'll see the natural R number of the virus drop lower and lower.

Yes absolutely true Stu2H. My comment was really a response to our Austrian friend's reference to what Mrs M said, vaccination won't get Germany out of their immediate crisis, only a strict kickdown will get their cases down now. Vaccination will only prevent or reduce the impact of any future waves.