When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Moderana to start April deliveries, so small amount of first doses then

I imagine this is going to be very low doses to start, so perhaps used in the efforts to ensure everyone in the top 9 groups has had at least their first dose.

1 minute ago, Jcatley said:

I imagine this is going to be very low doses to start, so perhaps used in the efforts to ensure everyone in the top 9 groups has had at least their first dose.

45k a week, so yeah i guess. But hopefully some movement in the 40-49 can be made

49 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

To be fair they are also the group that was hit hardest with all the death. 

For me it's not the risk of not being able to fly. It's the risk of getting it once on holiday. Without at least one jab, and it circulating around everywhere if they've opened up tourism, chances are going to be high. And even if it only knocks me around a bit, that's a shitty few days of holiday. Probably followed by another shitty few days as my partner gets it. And if you do end up being hospitalised... will travel insurance cover that? 

I was only thinking in terms of after one - I agree I don't think insurance would help you if you went unvaccinated

The negative test should really just be for one dosers- that's where the fairness aspect crosses over with economic reality I guess, that they've shown a willingness to get vaccinated for the good of others, very unlikely to clog up other country's health system (not with covid anyway...) but the timing of their second vaccine is out of their hands. 

Though easiest is still "stay in the country till you've had two" - everyone knows where they stand then. I definitely won't be going abroad this year 

30 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lockdown extension vote renewal next thursday. Interesting if the CRG rebel again

30 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lockdown extension vote renewal next thursday. Interesting if the CRG rebel again

Won't make any difference.  Labour will support it so will easily have votes to pass.

1 minute ago, Oboy82 said:

Won't make any difference.  Labour will support it so will easily have votes to pass.

I'm sure Johnson would rather not have to rely on labour votes.

I don't think many tory MPs will rebel, especially now as a pause in vaccination supplies. As far as I can see the public is mostly supportive of the roadmap, and the tories are polling well.

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

45k a week, so yeah i guess. But hopefully some movement in the 40-49 can be made

Yeah hopefully things progress a bit! I imagine they’ll have a reserve list of some in the 40-49 category to ensure no wastage 

• Like 1

Interesting that's it apparently Indian government that have blocked shipments to uk. With their rising case rate, I see it as unlikely they will suddenly start allowing shipments for next few months.

That in addition to eu blocking shipments then uk roll out is going to come to a shuddering halt soon enough.

• Downvote 1

Hancock says he wants to clear up some rumours circulating.

He says there will be no weeks in April when people will not be getting first doses.

He says there will be no cancelled appointments.

And he says second doses will go ahead as planned.

Hancock says the UK has been providing Gibraltar with vaccine, and Gibraltar has become the first nation in the world to vaccinate its entire adult population, he says.

Edited by zahidf

4 minutes ago, Oboy82 said:

Interesting that's it apparently Indian government that have blocked shipments to uk. With their rising case rate, I see it as unlikely they will suddenly start allowing shipments for next few months.

That in addition to eu blocking shipments then uk roll out is going to come to a shuddering halt soon enough.

India isn't using all of the supplies it has available.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

India isn't using all of the supplies it has available.

Have to assume they are ramping up vaccination programme.  If the manufacturers themselves are coming out to say this is the reason we can't export.

1 minute ago, Oboy82 said:

Statement put out by manufacturer reported by the guardian.

yes, just saw it...

Indian government responsible for hold-up in vaccine supply to UK, says manufacturer

Adar Poonawalla, head of the Serum Institute of India, which is manufacturing the AstraZeneca vaccine in India, has told the Daily Telegraph that a decision by the Indian government is to blame for a hold-up in supplies to the UK, not production problem. He said:

It is solely dependent on India and it has nothing to do with the SII. It is to do with the Indian government allowing more doses to the UK.

The Telegraph says the Indian government is temporarily holding up exports because of a concern about rising cases in the country.

SII has already exported 5m doses to the UK, but another 5m are on order.