When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 hours ago, Copperface said:

Yeah. I was banjaxed, but the good news for needlephobes like me who normally have to be chased around a room by a nurse with a syringe is that for the first time ever, I never even felt the needle go in. Absolutely painless. 

Same here! I'm not scared of needles in the slightest but I didn't even feel it at all. If it wasn't for a bit of an arm ache I would almost think I didn't get it.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

I’m quite looking forward to the non essential shops opening now ... the last few days the amount we are picking has dropped down and the customer numbers inside the shop seem to be increasing ... now more and more have been jabbed and it seems like we are some kind of destination and reason people can casually meet under the current restrictions 

Morning. Feel a bit rubbish, but then I feel rubbish every morning so not sure if it's side effects or not.

Doesn't the delay in vaccinating mean we're just back to the original schedule of all adults vaccinated by August or September or whatever it was, unless they speed up like mad in May/June?

11 hours ago, tigger123 said:

How do you contact them? I looked into this but can’t find opening/closing times or contact number for vaccine centres anywhere! 

Can only speak for the centre I was working at yesterday (Westfield Stratford, London) but people without appointments just came to queue up at the end of the day (from about 7pm). Not sure how many of them were lucky, but that seems to be how it worked there! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can only speak for the centre I was working at yesterday (Westfield Stratford, London) but people without appointments just came to queue up at the end of the day (from about 7pm). Not sure how many of them were lucky, but that seems to be how it worked there! 

Oh and our opening/closing times were like 8am to 8pm for staff, I think first appointments are 8.30 and last are about 7pm.

10 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Was just talking to a mate in the US who had his second jab of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday (for some reason they haven't changed to a 12 week gap out there and are sticking with 3 weeks) and I'm told that the second shot of Pfizer has AWFUL side effects. 

For nearly a full 24 hours he was oscillating between having to lie under his duvet with 3 layers on, and having to drink ice cold water because his temp was 102.5F. 

He did wake up this morning feeling normal but for reference this guy is 26, has one medium risk health condition and had no side effects from the initial shot in late February.

For the record, my father in law has had both Pfizer jabs, he's 84 and has had 2 heart bypass ops and he said he felt no side affects at all.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

When I get jabbed I'm gonna report a stupid side effect' made me feel like superman'.

While in hospital I've heard a few nurses say they've had to take the day off sick after their first jab.

2 of my colleagues have said they have been awfull after the jab ... but not been so bad they’ve needed time off ... in fact I only know of 1 person that’s needed time off and he went home a few hours early and was back the next day .... just to add I probably know 50 people that have had jabs now .... get that needle in your arm folks 

Edited by crazyfool1

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

2 of my colleagues have said they have been awfull after the jab ... but not been so bad they’ve needed time off ... in fact I only know of 1 person that’s needed time off and he went home a few hours early and was back the next day 

My partner/girlfriend/missus/her-indoors/definitelynotmywife would not have been able to go to work, she was hit pretty hard by side effects for a few days. But then she's a weak, insipid female.

I reckon AZ just prioritising supply...we've done all over 50s, so going to places where they haven't. Probably in contracts. Just seems a bit of a coincidence that as soon as we've given 1st doses to groups 1 to 9 there's suddenly a supply issue.

Edited by steviewevie

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Morning. Feel a bit rubbish, but then I feel rubbish every morning so not sure if it's side effects or not.

Doesn't the delay in vaccinating mean we're just back to the original schedule of all adults vaccinated by August or September or whatever it was, unless they speed up like mad in May/June?

It keeps us on track for the end of July. It basically means we are on target instead of smashing the target. 

I've been thinking and i'm not sure if any others feel like this but given this vaccine passport (or whatever guise it takes) is likely to be required in order to go on holiday this summer it's beginning to feel like a massive kick in the nuts for all of those under 50 who have gone through 3 lockdowns and have been hit hardest in terms of unemployment / redundancies.

We've locked down to protect the vulnerable yet those cheeky bastards will likely be first on the planes to enjoy the fruits of nearly an entire year of some form of lockdown.

Just doesn't add up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

I've been thinking and i'm not sure if any others feel like this but given this vaccine passport (or whatever guise it takes) is likely to be required in order to go on holiday this summer it's beginning to feel like a massive kick in the nuts for all of those under 50 who have gone through 3 lockdowns and have been hit hardest in terms of unemployment / redundancies.

We've locked down to protect the vulnerable yet those cheeky bastards will likely be first on the planes to enjoy the fruits of nearly an entire year of some form of lockdown.

Just doesn't add up.

I’ve no plans to go abroad .. I’ve decided to write this one off and catch up with newly made friends that I’ve made in the U.K. ... plenty of opportunity for younger people to travel for the rest of their lives ... my parents it’s not going to be the same ... for the sake of a few months  ... most will have had at least one jab soon ... and we still don’t know if a negative test will enable travel either ... it’s getting better now .. 

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

My partner/girlfriend/missus/her-indoors/definitelynotmywife would not have been able to go to work, she was hit pretty hard by side effects for a few days. But then she's a weak, insipid female.

I really really hate posts like this...

I mean who starts a sentence with the word "But"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Just doesn't add up.

It does seem a bit of a rum deal, but I guess that the priority had to be saving lives. I guess that they can blame the Covid passports on the destination government’s and so avoid the ire. I think it would be different if they had to be used internally (pubs, cinemas, gyms etc) 

No significant side effects for me. Early 40s, and had first jab of AZ on Monday evening (due to the local CCG jumping the gun on moving on to the next groups). I've not previously had COVID (that I'm aware of) - the only thing I've noticed is very mild soreness/numbness around where the injection location which lasted a couple days

Certainly not discernible enough that it would prevent me doing anything or affect any decision making.

I've met a good number of the very elderly in for their second Pfizer jab, none have had any issue at all.

Several of my nurse friends have felt bad after the AZ vaccine. As per JVT yesterday, benefits far outweigh risks. Europe has it completely wrong and their decision will kill way more than they think they're saving.

Look at the side effects of any commonly used drug to understand the balance of risk and reward. Anyone who doesn't wish to accept any risk shouldn't take any drug. Or drive for that matter. Or live life.

• Upvote 1