When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

EGG ON EUROPES FACE

England’s deputy chief medical officer said on Wednesday there was a lot of reassuring evidence suggesting there is no increased risk of blood clots from AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine, adding he expected the European Medicines Agency to agree.

Jonathan Van-Tam said at a news conference:

Behind the scenes, there is a lot of work going on to look at whether there is a signal in relation to what we call venous thrombo-embolic events - clots.

And there’s a lot of evidence emerging now that is reassuring that there is no overall excess signal or increased risk. And I expect, without prejudice to their absolute findings, those to be the final conclusions of the EMA and [Britain’s] MHRA in due course.

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wonder if the government can speed up Novovax a bit in terms of helping them with the manufacturing? 60m this year apparently

The Government already are helping Novavax with manufacturing, in essentially the same way that they're helping AZ.

The CEO of Novavax has said should be able to start delivering a decent number of their doses quickly. The main "delay" at this point is getting the MHRA approval - which absolutely should not be rushed or politically interfered with under any circumstances.

Wow I’ve given the thread a swerve for the last couple of hours to watch Cheltenham and it’s all gone off.

Lumpy vaccine rollout or not this shit is ending soon and the clocks go forward in less than 2 weeks so let’s all smile.

A great British summer awaits 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I dont think theyll come out well in a few days

So you're posting something about someone being so upset by (European) people's health being damaged by decision-making that she's crying.

And the comment is Egg on Europe's Face?

11 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Had mine Monday evening, was Ok until about 10 am Tuesday, then within three hours was bedbound with what seemed to be a cross between sweaty manflu and a really bad hangover. Slept 14 hours then at about lunchtime today, all symptoms, apart from sore arm, suddenly dissipated. 

I've got a sore arm (similar to the seasonal flu jab) and feeling a bit achy in general.  I've had worse hangovers.  

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

So you're posting something about someone being so upset by (European) people's health being damaged by decision-making that she's crying.

And the comment is Egg on Europe's Face?

Well it was basically JVT basically saying they are better in peoples arms than in fridges and saying the blood clot stuff was bollocks

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Wow I’ve given the thread a swerve for the last couple of hours to watch Cheltenham and it’s all gone off.

Lumpy vaccine rollout or not this shit is ending soon and the clocks go forward in less than 2 weeks so let’s all smile.

A great British summer awaits 😂

wet?

8 minutes ago, incident said:

The Government already are helping Novavax with manufacturing, in essentially the same way that they're helping AZ.

The CEO of Novavax has said should be able to start delivering a decent number of their doses quickly. The main "delay" at this point is getting the MHRA approval - which absolutely should not be rushed or politically interfered with under any circumstances.

didn't take too long in the past for the others though - was just meaning roadmap isn't affected if, say, they get approved May time, we have the capacity to start using it as soon as its delivered. I reckon all of this is taken into account with the timetables of June/July

So looks like, as it is in the EU, the issue is down to AZ not being able to deliver on what was predicted/agreed? 

Kinda flies in the face of those who've been cheering on their weird dream of a UK vs EU vaccine war. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

didn't take too long in the past for the others though - was just meaning roadmap isn't affected if, say, they get approved May time, we have the capacity to start using it as soon as its delivered. I reckon all of this is taken into account with the timetables of June/July

Can't use the previous approvals as direct comparison as it's not comparing like for like.

The initial announcements of Phase 3 results from both Oxford/AZ and Pfizer were based on approximately twice as much data as the initial Novavax announcement did in January. Novavax did announce further results last Thursday, but even that was still slightly fewer cases than AZ & Pfizer used for their approvals.

The regulator will have access to more information than those press releases so they should get approval, and it'll probably come before May (my guess is early-mid April, but wouldn't fully rule out it happening this month) - but for the sake of safety, transparency, and confidence in the process it should be left solely to the MHRA to decide the appropriate timescales.

I'm sure when the approval does come we'll be using it near enough straight away. The manufacturing has been underway at Fujifilm Diosynth in Billingham for a couple months now, and from what their CEO has said it sounds like there should be a few million doses available in the first couple weeks. When they do come into circulation, obviously they'll need to be used for first doses so will likely be going to <50s.

Not too concerned about the the drop. We have done a fantastic job so far and I think we're gonna hit records over the next two weeks. Currently we're around 40% of the adult population vaccinated and should get close to 50% in a fortnight.

Again if its really dates not data this should have little impact, we will be in the single digits for deaths and hospitalisations by summer. Guaranteed 

1.  We know that the vaccine reduces transmission

2. 99% of deaths have been in the 1-9 risk group who will be double jabbed by summer

3. we know that young people are not effected

4. the weather is turning.

5. By summer we will have hit the herd immunity via vaccinated or by infection 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DeanoL said:

Someone need to look at the maths and work out if, with new constraints on supply, it's more beneficial to delay second doses further to finish everyone with a first dose first.

They won't make that decision, as there's very little data on efficacy past 12 weeks.

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Someone need to look at the maths and work out if, with new constraints on supply, it's more beneficial to delay second doses further to finish everyone with a first dose first.

I think post 12 weeks is pushing it. But if its over 50s and thas 99% of the deaths, i think that the current way forward is probably the best

FWIW, i still think its worth contacting your local vaccine centre to check for spares at the end of the day

7 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

I've got a sore arm (similar to the seasonal flu jab) and feeling a bit achy in general.  I've had worse hangovers.  

Yeah. I was banjaxed, but the good news for needlephobes like me who normally have to be chased around a room by a nurse with a syringe is that for the first time ever, I never even felt the needle go in. Absolutely painless. 

• Like 1

Super depressed by this given the govt bumped moderate asthmatics out of groups 1-9.  Even if lower /average  risk of death the data shows higher risk of long COVID.  So it’s at least another two months (May plus 3 weeks) with the kids at school being anxious and hyper vigilant every day. No seeing friends because they are all already breaking restrictions.  Just grim.

3 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Yeah. I was banjaxed, but the good news for needlephobes like me who normally have to be chased around a room by a nurse with a syringe is that for the first time ever, I never even felt the needle go in. Absolutely painless. 

Same for me - I most of the 15 minute wait wondering if she'd made a mistake and not pierced the skin, until eventually I felt the tiniest but of soreness.

13 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

11 minutes ago, incident said:

They won't make that decision, as there's very little data on efficacy past 12 weeks.

What do you reckon to the idea of bumping those with a positive test within the past *certain period* to the back of the queue for a bit for first dose? (with those super worried able to get it if they want)? Could help move the needle in the right direction a bit