When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, incident said:

Updated guidance that amounts to exactly the same principles that areas were already expected to work to. It's worthy of reporting, but only as a footnote in an article, not pretending something significant has changed.

As I said previously, I suspect that it's only been formally spelled out because an area unexpectedly skipped straight to over 40s earlier this week before backtracking a few hours later.

Yeah exactly, it needed to be reported. Clarifying the requirements of who can be vaccinated whilst supplies are lower.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Question for @Toilet Duck.

Assume you've been vaccinated, but that vaccine doesn't prevent infection (e.g. AZ vaccines against the SA variant), but you are protected against server disease through cellular immunity. If you are infected, are you likely to develop antibodies that make you resistant to future infections of this variant?  Your cellular immunity isn't going to cause any problems for you developing antibodies through natural infection rather than vaccination is it?

Howdy, yep, you would mount an immune response against the new antigens you encounter and this would add to your immunity. How long the antibodies last after natural infection is another matter (we still don’t know!) and your cellular immunity would most likely give you excellent protection from the variant anyway. Might stop you picking up that one for a year or so though! 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Question for @Toilet Duck.

Assume you've been vaccinated, but that vaccine doesn't prevent infection (e.g. AZ vaccines against the SA variant), but you are protected against server disease through cellular immunity. If you are infected, are you likely to develop antibodies that make you resistant to future infections of this variant?  Your cellular immunity isn't going to cause any problems for you developing antibodies through natural infection rather than vaccination is it?

more importantly @Toilet Duck,

can I have a beer?

Here’s Van Tam with another one of his analogies! The defenders and defensive midfielders deserve the credit not the strikers who score the wonder goals.  Doesn’t work for me, it’s Stevie Gerrard that gets all the credit as far as I am concerned😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don't think this is really even a setback. It's just par for course with manufacturing, they'll be some delays at some stage. I don't think it'll impact the roadmap, as you say they have the 5 week buffer built in for reasons just like this.

Exactly this, and also it’s probably easier to vaccinate the under 50s as although there are more of them they have more mobility and flexibility so once they’re up and running again they’l, hopefully catch up again quickly  

1 minute ago, StuMalinas said:

Steve stop being an EU apologist. If you wanna lick their ass move there, the UK voted against their dictatorship

Strange how there are 27 countries signed up to this dictatorship and many more want to join.

Must be Stockholm Syndrome...

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Does everyone remember when you all said "Why are you so aggressive with your posts"...

Pot Kettle

You guys can't handle anything outside of your echo chamber and you can't handle people responding to you all as you respond to others 🙂 

Think I might go build a snowman - so much snow for March!!! 

You do make me laugh, I just try to hold these lot to account. 

Some on here are generally considerate posters and have built up a reputation for being evenhanded, not constantly being provocative and radically overopinionated.

I think they have the right to push back forcefully against someone demonstrably talking bollocks.

Just now, Ozanne said:

She did but she meant appointments for the under-50s. 

I'm wondering what's going on there tho as understand under 50's is what everyone believes but when she quoted that, Hancock absolutely went to pieces.

Can someone explain what’s going on?

Earlier it was going great guns and there was all this talk of vaccine hubs getting extra shifts in/smashing targets etc. Now we are screwed and the roadmap is under threat?

Is that right?

Edited by Ryan1984

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

more importantly @Toilet Duck,

can I have a beer?

A couple of beers won’t hurt. Alcohol in excess is immunosuppressive, but a few beers isn’t gonna make any odds. Side effects from the vaccine can be flu like though, so piling a hangover on top might not be much craic! Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️ 

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Earlier it was going great guns and there was all this talk of vaccine hubs getting extra shifts in/smashing targets etc. Now we are screwed and the roadmap is under threat?

Is that right?

Maybe AZ can't supply all that is needed for both 1st and 2nd doses.

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

Is that right?

As always the truth is somewhere in the middle. We are going at a really good pace with the vaccine so far but there is a shortage coming up which will mean they are more selective with doses for a few weeks, but this shouldn't effect the roadmap as they have the 5 weeks built in between the different steps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

He would of gone down in the numbers...

In the future they will be able to work backwards through the numbers and come to a much better estimate.  The NHS records a crazy amount of information on this stuff.  But I would be amazed if ever look back and say it was all over blown.

definitely not saying that, more that I'm hoping they break it down a bit for the part going forward, where those numbers indicate unlocking vs otherwise (only if needed)