When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Simsy said:

Presumably "data not dates" means data for the whole of England. There don't seem to be any plans to go back to local restrictions.

You would be correct. The government want us to move as one country which I understand as it’s easier to manage this way. 

I'm really not sure I buy the idea that the roadmap was put in place for the sake of the local elections and then is going to get pulled back after the Tories win. Mainly because no fucker votes in them, or next to no one (I do!). But people who aren't engaged in politics really won't pay them any attention and are hardly going to march down and vote Tory based on the roadmap if they weren't already. I don't think it's as big an issue as some think. If it was general election then maybe, but turnouts for last local election were abysmal.

The popular opinion fallout from setting out the roadmap and then pulling it would be far worse than any benefit that could be gained in the local elections, which I think will be tiny.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Now this would make a great thread, even before having the vaccine.

"How many have you had"? 

Reckon there's one or two who might get close to a full house.

I reckon I've had around 60% at Glastonbury alone!

I’ve had 35. Had to Google Arthropod. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You would be correct. The government want us to move as one country which I understand as it’s easier to manage this way. 

It’s much fairer too! I was annoyed last year that my mates in Oxford were still in the pub when ours were shuttered! 😂

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

It’s much fairer too! I was annoyed last year that my mates in Oxford were still in the pub when ours were shuttered! 😂

I agree, it’s much fairer this way and I’m in an area that generally has low rates. 

37 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It looks like the roadmap is working with no big uptick in cases from schools reopening yet so that goes to show what we are doing is working and we should be on course to open more on the upcoming steps.

I'd concur.  The steady fall in case rates appears to have tailed off and we're seeing some slight rises in some areas, including Mendip, but that's to be expected with the massive uptick in tests.  Overall % Positivity is still around 0.5% or lower, which puts us about on a par with July/August 2020.

58 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Imo I think I need to escape off to a very liberal, highly educated state, for a year to get this Tory mess out my head. I’m thinking Massachusetts.

I'm pretty sure California went Democrat (well, someone had to!).

The potential issues with the AZ vaccine don't seem to be worrying the good people of Cumbria. I was stationed outside the jabbing booths directing people and could hear what was being said. Only heard one person ask about blood clots and she went ahead once the risks had been explained. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah because he's going to do that, and if he does he won't just make sure those investigating are sympathetic to him. No way