When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

110 deaths today. Fair to say from either tomorrow or Thursday we shouldn’t see daily deaths in triple digits for a long time (hopefully ever). 

Hopefully not so, its also reassuring to see 1.5 million tests again and result in only 5k positives. Hopefully mass testing and the warmer months means we keep the virus at bay 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

Hopefully not so, its also reassuring to see 1.5 million tests again and result in only 5k positives. Hopefully mass testing and the warmer months means we keep the virus at bay 

Do we think that test and trace will be really ramped up once the numbers get low e.g. a outbreak in Swindon meaning all Swindon get tested door to door to nip it in the budget 

4 minutes ago, StuMalinas said:

Do we think that test and trace will be really ramped up once the numbers get low e.g. a outbreak in Swindon meaning all Swindon get tested door to door to nip it in the budget 

Yeah that’s very likely similar to the variants .. with numbers going down they will have a huge spare testing capacity ... also during the summer hols the schools won’t be testing either ... and quite possibly not testing at that point anyway 

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Apr 12th should be brought forward to Match 29th. Silly to argue against this with everything going the right way & quickly.

I understand why it’s a 5 week gap because that’s how long is needed to see if any rise in cases leads to hospitalisation, but what I do think they should do is reassess how much changes at each stage.

We should be moving towards rule of 6 indoors from 12th April if the schools don’t lead to hospitalisations tbh. 

30 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I think with 25m vaccinated we do need to start thinking about less chains of transmission too, surely these people are kicking it quicker if they get it so less chance to spread? Add in those who have natural immunity too (plenty infected with no test over the past year) and things are even better than the vaccination numbers suggest 

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I understand why it’s a 5 week gap because that’s how long is needed to see if any rise in cases leads to hospitalisation, but what I do think they should do is reassess how much changes at each stage.

We should be moving towards rule of 6 indoors from 12th April if the schools don’t lead to hospitalisations tbh. 

But there hasn’t been a rise in cases...?

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Where I live as of today has had 0 cases in the last 7 days.

Say no more.

Presumably "data not dates" means data for the whole of England. There don't seem to be any plans to go back to local restrictions.

3 hours ago, Zacko said:

I'm similar to you, Matt. It's just grim to think about the next election and how the Tories will probably walk it. 

Australia was an option for me, but as I'm 30 in a few months I'd have to apply for the Visa very soon and move there before next July (as I think you get a year to enter the country). Not sure I'm quite at the stage where I want to definitely move, so it's tricky.

Somewhere in Europe like Berlin would have been fantastic but unfortunately a large part of the country voted to rip that away from us for no reason. 

I am by no means saying it’s a better place - in fact it has some problems that are worse than the U.K - but with my job, moving to America (at least for a year) is an option. 

America has its own problems but I really feel like the future of the U.K. just seems so restricted, bleak, and funnelled. It really feels like there are some senior members in politics that really miss when the poor were in workhouses and social mobility didn’t exist.

America, whilst still being pay to win, is more socially mobile than the U.K. the U.K is regressing back to that awful state where everyone should know their place. What’s worse is the British people are voting it in.

What is our obsession with Etonian accents and licking their boots. Why is it that we’d literally empty our wallets for someone with a posh accent. I really can’t stand it. People are so subservient to the tories here it hurts.

Imo I think I need to escape off to a very liberal, highly educated state, for a year to get this Tory mess out my head. I’m thinking Massachusetts.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 2