When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

before judging, maybe wait to see outcomes of any further investigations. 

Given that the EU have gone out their way to smear our perfectly good British vaccine throughout the last few months (largely sour grapes because the GSK/Sanofi effort that they bet the house on turned out to be a complete dud), forgive me if I trust the Oxford scientists and the widely available data. I won’t be waiting for any outcomes. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Given that the EU have gone out their way to smear our perfectly good British vaccine throughout the last few months (largely sour grapes because the GSK/Sanofi effort that they bet the house on turned out to be a complete dud), forgive me if I trust the Oxford scientists and the widely available data. I won’t be waiting for any outcomes. 

rule britannia

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

1 minute ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

It should have been today afternoon, some sources say Tuesday, some Thursday, some 2 weeks, but as more countries are stopping now I suspect it to be more sooner than later.

All pointing to sooner. Let’s hope they can just get on with it and there’s no more hiccups from either side.

4 minutes ago, StuMalinas said:

don't be a EU apologist STEVE, The EU have fucked up and its about time we realise we are better without them

This is the narrowest of narrow ways to determine whether EU membership is a good thing.

And these are countries suspending using the vaccine, not the EU.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

This is the narrowest of narrow ways to determine whether EU membership is a good thing.

And these are countries suspending using the vaccine, not the EU.

EU membership is the worst thing any country can possible partake in, its about time Europe wakens up and nationalism is the way forward! 

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, StuMalinas said:

EU membership is the worst thing any country can possible partake in, its about time Europe wakens up and nationalism is the way forward! 

Hot take.

There are advantages of being in the EU.

There are disadvantages of being in the EU.

This has always been the case.

Just now, xxialac said:

Hot take.

There are advantages of being in the EU.

There are disadvantages of being in the EU.

This has always been the case.

Spot on.

I, like many others, five years ago decided that on balance, we were better off staying inside and trying to reform the group from within.

But we were overruled by the silent majority who understandably wanted the UK to pull up our drawbridge and go it alone. 

They are being vindicated when the EU is spending time and money arguing and engaging in pointless bureaucracy over a perfectly good vaccine while we here in the UK just get on with it. It’s no coincidence that only two European countries have lower covid rates than us at this point in the pandemic. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54949260

Fifteen countries have formed the world's largest trading bloc, covering nearly a third of the global economy.

The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is made up of 10 Southeast Asian countries, as well as South Korea, China, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. The new free trade bloc will be bigger than both the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement and the European Union.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

or they're just concerned about blood clots in some people who have had the vaccine.

That`s right. European countries are very cautious in health issues, everything has to be checked many times before approval. the UK is great because doing it very fast, both ways can save peoples life. more tragic are the supply issues with Az and the rather slow rollout (but at least this one gets faster now).

1 minute ago, StuMalinas said:

Depressing that's the lesson you've taken from this global pandemic.

Not that life's short, not the importance of human connection, not the need to tackle climate change, not the importance of tackling inequalities, not the need for greater global cooperation to avoid these threats in the future, not what science can achieve etc.

Nope, just: "we're the best! Inger-land, inger-land, inger-land!" 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

It’s no coincidence that only two European countries have lower covid rates than us at this point in the pandemic. 

Whilst agree with what you say otherwise entirely, can't ignore we've also had the second strictest lockdown in the world which has damaged our economy more than other more open European economies.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

or they're just concerned about blood clots in some people who have had the vaccine.

But its statistically insignificant. And I'm not sure what they'll find out in a day/Week which contradicts the UK usage data and AZN data

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

But its statistically insignificant. And I'm not sure what they'll find out in a day/Week which contradicts the UK usage data and AZN data

well, probably EMA will say all fine tomorrrow and they'll lift suspensions...and then people will say I do not what that AZ junk in my arm.

Just now, steviewevie said:

well, probably EMA will say all fine tomorrrow and they'll lift suspensions...and then people will say I do not what that AZ junk in my arm.

That's the worry! It's already had low uptake in Germany, Italy and France. Will make things worse.