When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

What would you speed up and when?

Personally I don't think 14 weeks is all that long to wait, especially given the June deadline is relatively small in the amount of 'stuff' that starts to open so it's really only 9 weeks. 

But open to hearing how people here would open up faster and when?

I'd say group of six outdoors now.

In April, open up museums and indoor hospitality with social distancing. Let people meet up indoors then and household limited to 2 households.

May then stays the same for big outdoor stuff and theatre/gigs e.t.c. 

Social distancing in the bin by Jumne

Edited by zahidf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Personally I don't think 14 weeks is all that long to wait, especially given the June deadline is relatively small in the amount of 'stuff' that starts to open so it's really only 9 weeks. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary

The following section:

"As part of Step 3, no earlier than 17 May, the government will look to continue easing limits on seeing friends and family wherever possible, allowing people to decide on the appropriate level of risk for their circumstances.

This means that most legal restrictions on meeting others outdoors will be lifted - although gatherings of over 30 people will remain illegal."

I would move to either 12th April. Or even 29th March if there is no rise in prevalence of the virus caused by the schools. I would say "no rise in cases", but given the large increase in testing, it seems likely that case numbers will rise slightly, even if R is still below 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

14 weeks is a long time. its 25% of the year! 

June release while limited about of "stuff" opening it will be the biggest change . Its going to see as many friends as you want in the pub. Getting drunk and going to a club. Walking into a store without a mask. Just being able to walk not be conscious of giving 2m to people. Its spontaneity.Its normality. Cant underestimate the value of that.

If this keeps trending as it now, we should see deaths and hospitalisations plummet by end of April as the weather will turn and there will be a massive vaccination uptick. I wouldn't be surprised if hospitalisations and deaths are < 10 a day then. Personally I think we should make stage 3 (May 17th)  the last stage. All restrictions lifted at that point 

Been watching the protests this afternoon and it’s much better policed at the moment .. the highest police numbers are a ring around the Churchill statue and a line in front of downing st ... hopefully that’s all that’s needed ... although they were chanting about storming Scotland Yard a few mins ago ... 

40 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

14 weeks is a long time. its 25% of the year! 

June release while limited about of "stuff" opening it will be the biggest change . Its going to see as many friends as you want in the pub. Getting drunk and going to a club. Walking into a store without a mask. Just being able to walk not be conscious of giving 2m to people. Its spontaneity.Its normality. Cant underestimate the value of that.

If this keeps trending as it now, we should see deaths and hospitalisations plummet by end of April as the weather will turn and there will be a massive vaccination uptick. I wouldn't be surprised if hospitalisations and deaths are < 10 a day then. Personally I think we should make stage 3 (May 17th)  the last stage. All restrictions lifted at that point 

14 weeks isn't that long, 8 weeks ago we had over 1200 deaths a day.

I actually sort of agree, I think the may/June stages might end up merging. 

The cynic in me says that it'lll be announced before the local elections, so probably around the April relaxation.

Edited by Leyrulion

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

14 weeks isn't that long, 8 weeks ago we had over 1200 deaths a day.

I actually sort of agree, I think the may/June stages might end up merging. 

The cynic in me says that it'lll be announced before the local elections, so probably around the April relaxation.

I can't see the last 2 steps merging, there's too much going on in the May step. They are trialling several thousands fans back in stadiums, gigs and events then they'll use the data from that to inform the next steps. I don't think they would want to go from no mass gatherings, straight back to full mass gatherings again. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I can't see the last 2 steps merging, there's too much going on in the May step. They are trialling several thousands fans back in stadiums, gigs and events then they'll use the data from that to inform the next steps. I don't think they would want to go from no mass gatherings, straight back to full mass gatherings again. 

I'm still not convinced that these trials will lead to full capacity a month later either. Just doesn't sound realistic

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My local authority added 2 cases of COVID today and now has 21 cases per 100k of population.

Data not dates.

our rates have cases per 100,000 have doubled in 3 days .... we are now at 24 per 100,000 whilst not massive it shows that cases can jump very quickly .... and thats whilst we are still in lockdown ... yep some of that will be kids back at School but I understand why a cautious approach is happening ... 

39 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My local authority added 2 cases of COVID today and now has 21 cases per 100k of population.

Data not dates.

You can't cherry pick your data so it supports your argument. 

The government plan includes looking at more then just the one data point that is cases per 100k. 

Which you'll be greatful for if cases start increasing but hospitalisations don't.

3 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

So the far left have hijacked another cause, wonderful, I feel sorry for the poor woman’s family who most definitely didn’t want this. 

Huh?

What exactly have the far left done here towards a dead figure from the past - or to be more accurate to a bit of stone representing him?

Oh, that's right, in both cases nothing.