When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Then you ought to choose your social media a bit more wisely.  Schachtel has a long history of excoriating Faucci for being a traitor, e.g. within the past 24 hours he's tweeted his disappointment that he hasn't been jailed.

But you and Schachtel have more in common than just the fact that you both inhabit far-right social media.  You also like to post claims online without any sources.  You're clearly enraged about Feigl-Ding's hypocrisy in moving country, but are you sure it's true?  When Schachtel was questioned about where he's got his information from, this was his reply:

"Yes, this info is 100% confirmed. Not 99% sure. 100%. Publicly available open source info, which has been archived."

He might have saved himself a bit of typing by simply naming or linking to his information source.  Here's your challenge for today: go and locate this 'open source info' which Schachtel is relying on and report back to us.  (Unsubstantiated claims by other far-right bloggers don't count by the way.)

Finally - you are aware that citing 'hypocrisy' in an argument about a substantive/factual matter is called 'whatabouttery' aren't you?  It's like the in-breds you'll see shouting about how a climate change scientist once took a private jet or owns a gas-guzzler.  Whether or not they're hypocrites makes not one jot of difference to whether the scientific claim they're making is valid.  It just serves as as a convenient distraction from the actual evidence-based debate.

Feign dongs wife confirms they are in Austria

20210310_190453.jpg

3 hours ago, gizmoman said:

If this guy's even part right they might have to cancel that,

https://nitter.tedomum.net/GVDBossche

"For those who may have some difficulty in understanding how mass vaccination drives viral immune escape, it will suffice to watch infectivity and morbidity rates in those countries who have now succeeded in vaccinating millions of people in just a few weeks. "
media%2FEv9u5NmXYAI9hK3.jpg%3Fname%3Dsma

He's written an open letter to the WHO warning that the vaccine rollout is a disaster and will lead to more deaths. One for an evaluation by Toilet Duck i think.

Evzvo-jWYAQpfCR.jpg%3Fname=orig

20 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Howdy, so, we’ve kinda been through this before in a couple of guises...antibody enhanced disease and variants that escape neutralising antibodies. On the first, as it happens, this was brought up by one of the Oxford team in a talk he gave us this morning. Despite the evidence from SARS being poor quality pre-clinical studies, they checked for it anyway and simply saw no evidence for it. The data from the trials doesn’t support it either, nor does our real world use (effectiveness). Israel and the UK are in the period he is suggesting here and morbidity and mortality continue to fall in vaccinated populations rather than any signal of increasing. So, lots of people have looked at this, even though it was only a remote possibility and just don’t see any evidence for it. The second part is immune escaping variants. While variants that evade neutralising antibodies have emerged, variants that evade every part of our immune response are extremely unlikely. One of the key things about the genetic vaccines compared to subunit ones, is that the antigen that stimulates our immune response has to be made inside our cells. This means it gets displayed on the surface of our cells and elicits a far more complex immune response compared to older while killed/attenuated/subunit vaccines. The amount of changes required to escape all of that would likely render the virus inactive. The selection pressures he talks about are already there and they are driving independent evolution of the same changes. This in itself is reassuring as it means there’s only so many places the virus actually can change and still function. So the scenario presented is unlikely. 

You said much more nicely then me! 

@gizmoman this is one of those be careful of your online sources situations as the guy is effectively spreading a dangerous conspiracy.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

You said much more nicely then me! 

@gizmoman this is one of those be careful of your online sources situations as the guy is effectively spreading a dangerous conspiracy.

Yeah, I should have known he was dodgy as soon as I saw he had worked for Bill & Melinda Gates and GAVI.

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Wales looking to be locked up for the year.

"Just in case"

I think regardless of devolution it would be political suicide to try to mandate social distancing restrictions in one nation of the U.K, when the rest of the U.K. drops restrictions entirely. I get that he’s trying to be cautious, but that article reads like he’s trampling on peoples last vestiges of hope of getting back to normality this year. 

3 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I think regardless of devolution it would be political suicide to try to mandate social distancing restrictions in one nation of the U.K, when the rest of the U.K. drops restrictions entirely. I get that he’s trying to be cautious, but that article reads like he’s trampling on peoples last vestiges of hope of getting back to normality this year. 

Yeah it'll be crazy for him to insist on social distancing when no other part of the UK is doing it.

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Agreed - would they have to kick half the people off the Bristol - Cardiff train at Severn Tunnel Junction so they could start abiding by social distancing in Wales? If the restrictions (other than on overseas travel / quarantine, which he doesn’t mention in the article) can’t be lifted with the whole adult population vaccinated, and in the middle of summer to boot, why does waiting until the next calendar year make any difference?

Saying social distancing has to stay all year amounts to it being in place forever, which is absolute drivel. Someone should call him out on it.

9 minutes ago, zero000 said:

As it happens, when we might get back to normal was one of the questions put to a member of the Oxford team at our symposium today. His opinion was optimistic, reckoned pretty much normal by end of June/Mid summer. Risk of a resurgence in the winter, that could require masks in crowded places for a short time, nothing like the restrictions we currently have, but that topping up those most at risk with a further updated boost before then could be sufficient to prevent large amounts of morbidity and mortality associated with it if it did arrive. Not guaranteed to happen though and the vaccines continue to outperform their expectations (not just their own, he was equally complimentary about all the approved jabs), so while the models predict an increase in cases, the kind of impact we’ve seen from that before will be significantly mitigated by vaccine protection. 

12 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

As it happens, when we might get back to normal was one of the questions put to a member of the Oxford team at our symposium today. His opinion was optimistic, reckoned pretty much normal by end of June/Mid summer. Risk of a resurgence in the winter, that could require masks in crowded places for a short time, nothing like the restrictions we currently have, but that topping up those most at risk with a further updated boost before then could be sufficient to prevent large amounts of morbidity and mortality associated with it if it did arrive. Not guaranteed to happen though and the vaccines continue to outperform their expectations (not just their own, he was equally complimentary about all the approved jabs), so while the models predict an increase in cases, the kind of impact we’ve seen from that before will be significantly mitigated by vaccine protection. 

Got to say any talk of masks in crowded places surely puts limits on mass events like gigs? I can't see how it'd be serious enough to need any measures at all and somehow still allow those

Edited by efcfanwirral

21 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

this for UK, Ireland or both?

54 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Wales looking to be locked up for the year.

"Just in case"

The man is so frustrating, he is so pessimistic and negative. As a lifelong Welsh Labour member, it was Drakeford that made me leave the party in April last year. And what I have seen from him since has cemented my opinion I made the right choice. I predict a very poor showing for Labour in the elections in May. 

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I hate it when Manchester seems to randomly stall its case drops for a day. Hopefully back to decent drops in the next couple of days like last time. It's so weird, not as if the schools will have made an impact yet - maybe it's surge testing?

0_JSR_MEN_100321table_01JPG.jpg

It’s 4 days old data. 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Got to say any talk of masks in crowded places surely puts limits on mass events like gigs? I can't see how it'd be serious enough to need any measures at all and somehow still allow those

I think we need to wait and see where we are. If vaccination curbs transmission to the degree we currently see, then it’s possible that masks might only be required when in contact with high risk individuals. We might not need them at all. There’s no real suggestion we’ll be shutting down again, though pubs/gigs might need to be creative over the winter.