When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

55 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

why the downvote on this @StuMalinas ? I think thats probably quite an accurate statement .... if my holidays got messed around with im not sure id like it ... one of the perks of being a teacher ... although I know full well for many its not 6 weeks off ... with prep and marking being done in holidays 

55 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

why the downvote on this @StuMalinas ? I think thats probably quite an accurate statement .... if my holidays got messed around with im not sure id like it ... one of the perks of being a teacher ... although I know full well for many its not 6 weeks off ... with prep and marking being done in holidays 

He’s downvoting me and plus he is an asshole 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

They are proportionate, look at the things that are being relaxed from tomorrow then in another 3 weeks. Then if everything is fine they will press ahead with step 2. We are 5 weeks away from being able to go to a pub garden. It’s a sensible and measured approach which we will in theory mean we should stay out of lockdown once we exit it. They can’t risk relaxing too much too soon and risk going back a step.

I agree with you on it being the right thing to continue to be cautious and follow the roadmap but the impact and toil this is having on people’s mental health (and also just boredom) can’t be underestimated. Can understand the calls to open up earlier as those of us sticking by the rules are so desperate to see friends/family but just need to stick it out.

Also, how strange is it for keen Labour supporters to be supporting this government and their approach? 😆

Edited by Ryan1984

8 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Living in Cornwall it seems crazy to have to wait over 2 months yet for pubs etc to reopen. 

Screenshot_20210307-141434_Twitter.jpg

Problem is you'd see an influx of people from all over to ruin those numbers. 

And I noticed this today- places near me aren't taking bookings til May, I don't actually think any are looking to open in April even those with beer gardens. Wonder how widespread that is? 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

And I noticed this today- places near me aren't taking bookings til May, I don't actually think any are looking to open in April even those with beer gardens. Wonder how widespread that is? 

The hotel where I work has plenty of outdoor space with sea views, and I've just been told today that they aren't reopening in April and will wait until May to open up properly.. 

16 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I agree with you on it being the right thing to continue to be cautious and follow the roadmap but the impact and toil this is having on people’s mental health (and also just boredom) can’t be underestimated. Can understand the calls to open up earlier as those of us sticking by the rules are so desperate to see friends/family but just need to stick it out.

Also, how strange is it for keen Labour supporters to be supporting this government and their approach? 😆

Haha yeah it’s a bit strange, I have noticed throughout that most people from various political leanings have broadly supported the restrictions when they have come in. 

You are right about mental health and well being.

14 minutes ago, august1 said:

looking at countries allowing vaccinated travellers you need to have had both doses and 1-2 weeks since second dose before you go. 

No summer holidays for the under 40's. (Bigger problems in the world I know)

Surely you can just get a test instead though? 

20 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

From what I've heard we are opening for food and drink outside for May bank holiday weekend. Would guess it's been decided that before then the weather is to risky tourists still can't stay so not enough trade? Unless the weather is great we won't make loads even from the start of May but I guess it's been decided it's worth doing. And a practice run for when we own the accommodation

9 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Chatting to friends and we are planning a holiday. most likely a staycation somewhere but was planning on booking something late in the year (September onwards) for maybe go abroad. Do you reckon Oktoberfest will be on this year?

So you are all staying at home and just doing day trips and stuff? 

Apologies for being a dick, incorrect use of staycation is one of my bugbears. Even my CEO (of a tourism company!) uses it incorrectly all the time. I just hope someone else in the company snaps before I do. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

So you are all staying at home and just doing day trips and stuff? 

Apologies for being a dick, incorrect use of staycation is one of my bugbears. Even my CEO (of a tourism company!) uses it incorrectly all the time. I just hope someone else in the company snaps before I do. 

Sorry for also being a dick, but that's not what staycation means any more. It now means a domestic holiday somewhere is your own country or locality. It doesn't mean having time off and staying at home.

It did, but it doesn't. Language changes, at least we've not lost the word "literally".

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Chatting to friends and we are planning a holiday. most likely a staycation somewhere but was planning on booking something late in the year (September onwards) for maybe go abroad. Do you reckon Oktoberfest will be on this year?

Situation could be okay and many are planning for it, but Bayerns Minister President Söder is Mr. Doom himself

56 minutes ago, august1 said:

looking at countries allowing vaccinated travellers you need to have had both doses and 1-2 weeks since second dose before you go. 

EU President Ursula Von der Leyen said today 300 Mio vaccine doses for all EU countries until June and green vaccine passports for free travel from June onwards (but each country has to do its own homework on the digitalism).

1 hour ago, august1 said:

It'll be the same for festivals here I'm sure 

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Future generations will look back at us with disgust, wondering why even when we had so much evidence available we still shut down activities and industries that did not contribute to the spread of the virus but the result of which cost taxpayers billions of pounds. They’ll resent every penny of their taxes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2