When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ozanne said:

Sadly it won’t make any difference, they are immune to consequences. 

possibly I put this on the wrong thread ... but they definitely have a battle on their hands with the NHS pay rise ..... this will become an issue for them if they dont reverse it ... 

17 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Big up the SW. Bring back the tiers I say 👀

Some really good numbers here .... I don’t actually think the tier system worked though .... it just encouraged people working out ways to bypass it ... I remember when we were in tier 2 and the numbers massively surged .. liking the fact we are just 30 per100,000 though and I think you are similar ?! 

So tomorrow is the first stage of Boris Johnson’s roadmap out of lockdown in England, the measures are:

People allowed coffee or picnic outdoors with 1 person from another household.

Care home residents can be visited by loved ones for much-needed respite.

And, children head back to school and childcare.

It’ll be interesting to see the impacts (if any) these changes will have in the weeks to come and hopefully we can press ahead with the next measures of step 1 on March 29th. I still think the cautious approach is the best and most sensible approach to ensure we give ourselves the best chance possible to stay out of lockdown.

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Gavin Williamson doing the morning rounds of avoiding answering the questions today ...:( 

That Andrew Marr show is one of the most frustrating programmes on Tv.

Every week he asks a question that he knows the politician won’t answer directly, then the politician starts doing some politician style babble, before Andrew Marr interrupts with a pre-prepared counter argument which the politician continues to not give a straight answer to which means Marr interrupts them again and again.

This is just repeated in a cycle throughout the whole interview until, right at the end he says they’ve only got time for one ‘yes or no’ answer and,you guessed it, they don’t give a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer.

Then it’s into the next ‘guest’ in which the whole cycle is gone through again.Ha ha.

Rinse and repeat until the end of the show.

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So tomorrow is the first stage of Boris Johnson’s roadmap out of lockdown in England, the measures are:

People allowed coffee or picnic outdoors with 1 person from another household.

Care home residents can be visited by loved ones for much-needed respite.

And, children head back to school and childcare.

It’ll be interesting to see the impacts (if any) these changes will have in the weeks to come and hopefully we can press ahead with the next measures of step 1 on March 29th. I still think the cautious approach is the best and most sensible approach to ensure we give ourselves the best chance possible to stay out of lockdown.

Schools are back a week here (first 4 years), and we’ve always been able to meet one other household outdoors...too early to say much about the impact of schools, but with two households allowed to meet, our case numbers have fallen over 10 fold since the January peak. Meeting outdoors really poses very little risk as far as I can see. Been bloody cold though, roll on the better weather!

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Schools are back a week here (first 4 years), and we’ve always been able to meet one other household outdoors...too early to say much about the impact of schools, but with two households allowed to meet, our case numbers have fallen over 10 fold since the January peak. Meeting outdoors really poses very little risk as far as I can see. Been bloody cold though, roll on the better weather!

It does appear to be the case that meeting outdoors is low risk and in England people can start to do that from tomorrow. This will then increase slightly on March 29th and if as we suspect the data still stays low then hospitality will open outside after that. In the UK we’ve asked for a while now for the government to learn from their mistakes and thankfully it appears they do are doing so this time around. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It does appear to be the case that meeting outdoors is low risk and in England people can start to do that from tomorrow. This will then increase slightly on March 29th and if as we suspect the data still stays low then hospitality will open outside after that. In the UK we’ve asked for a while now for the government to learn from their mistakes and thankfully it appears they do are doing so this time around. 

But there is a big difference from last time around to this and that’s vaccines.

We are being too cautious and the measures which will be in place are not proportionate given this.

We will never see eye to eye on that but I’d still like to buy you a pint at the next festival 👍

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

But there is a big difference from last time around to this and that’s vaccines.

We are being too cautious and the measures which will be in place are not proportionate given this.

We will never see eye to eye on that but I’d still like to buy you a pint at the next festival 👍

They are proportionate, look at the things that are being relaxed from tomorrow then in another 3 weeks. Then if everything is fine they will press ahead with step 2. We are 5 weeks away from being able to go to a pub garden. It’s a sensible and measured approach which we will in theory mean we should stay out of lockdown once we exit it. They can’t risk relaxing too much too soon and risk going back a step.

33 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Won't go down well with teachers and the unions.  Even if it did they are going to have to increase pay as its currently pro rata to account for the holidays.

why the downvote on this @StuMalinas ? I think thats probably quite an accurate statement .... if my holidays got messed around with im not sure id like it ... one of the perks of being a teacher ... although I know full well for many its not 6 weeks off ... with prep and marking being done in holidays 

They are proportionate, look at the things that are being relaxed from tomorrow then in another 3 weeks. Then if everything is fine they will press ahead with step 2. We are 5 weeks away from being able to go to a pub garden. It’s a sensible and measured approach which we will in theory mean we should stay out of lockdown once we exit it. They can’t risk relaxing too much too soon and risk going back a step.

time to take up the offer of the pint ? 🙂 

Tomorrow we are legally able to sit on a park bench with another person but as an example we need to wait 3 more weeks to play golf or tennis with that same person which would be far more socially distanced, and you think that’s proportionate? 

The roadmap is out of date and is based on data and theories that have been superseded by far better data than anyone expected. 
Once the over 50’s have their first jab protection the roadmap should be accelerated, I’m yet to see a reasonable counter argument other than a few what ifs. 

50 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Won't go down well with teachers and the unions.  Even if it did they are going to have to increase pay as its currently pro rata to account for the holidays.

Yeah, but they're all easily replaceable. Give them a generous 1% rise.

😑