When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

53 minutes ago, Chas said:

Thanks.

The update from our local PCN 7 days ago in relation to our Local Vaccination Centre stated that they were moving on to Group 6 and that "We have in the region of 6000 patients to vaccinate. We are processing this as quickly as we can however are not in control of our vaccine delivery. Therefore it will take us time."

Have you tried to book? 

1 hour ago, Chas said:

Thanks.

The update from our local PCN 7 days ago in relation to our Local Vaccination Centre stated that they were moving on to Group 6 and that "We have in the region of 6000 patients to vaccinate. We are processing this as quickly as we can however are not in control of our vaccine delivery. Therefore it will take us time."

Don't let that put you off from trying the National booking system.

Some vaccination centres are on the National system, and some are on Local systems. Some allocate slots to both. In any given area it's likely that both the National system and at least one Local system are in operation and as the various systems all operate independently from each other they'll likely give very different results.

You may not get offered the precise, most local, location you want via the National booking system - but you certainly should be able to book something somewhere so it can't hurt to check what the options are.

22 minutes ago, stuie said:

Have you tried to book?

I may take a look after I've spoken with my GP practice on Monday. I'd rather just walk 10 minutes up the road to my Local Vaccination Centre, if it's imminent, than get Public Transport to a site further away.

Edited by Chas

12 minutes ago, incident said:

You may not get offered the precise, most local, location you want via the National booking system - but you certainly should be able to book something somewhere so it can't hurt to check what the options are.

I'll assess things on Monday. If my GP practice says it could still take a while for an appointment locally, I'll look at the alternatives as you say. I'm easy though.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Artists is a weird one though - presumably many of those will be in the same situation- surely they can test them? 

Also do artists actually encounter that many people closely at a festival?

They've a stage and a crowd barrier between them and the audience, probably 5m+ distance. 

Backstage do they need to interact closely with more then 10 people, artist liaison and sound guys maybe? 

Arranging enough separate green room space for each act to keep them in a bubble could be a pain but totally doable.

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Does the London mayor even have that sort of power? And what's the point when the idea is that lockdowns end soon anyway....

they can build bridges and organise water cannon and stuff .... 

Edited by crazyfool1