When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Had my second Covid jab (Pfizer) this morning.  Now to wait for the arm and headaches.  Hopefully they won't materialise as as I OK after the first one.

Good news there grumps, onwards and upwards. Oh, and your book was an excellent insight into the shady world of journalism in bygone days; a great read 😊👍

Got a last min cancellation appointment for my 1st vaccination last night.. amazingly efficient organisation.. even at 8pm they were still doing a huge line of people super quickly, I think I was there less then 5mins.  
Feeling absolutely floored today, aches, restlessness, sick feeling.. hope it passes quickly!

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What has Barry Fish done that has upset people so much?

Claiming superior knowledge of the NHS

telling people they don’t understand the NHS when they work for the NHS 

Claiming that 99% of the non clinical NHS staff are replaceable overnight 

being rude to people for no reason 

Think thats for the first quarter where AZ only delivered around half the amount. In the second quarter there should`t be any supply issues as the J&J should get the approval on Thursday and is said to start delivering in April. Also Biotech/Pfizer and Moderna have already increased their outputs in Europe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Think thats for the first quarter where AZ only delivered around half the amount. In the second quarter there should`t be any supply issues as the J&J should get the approval on Thursday and is said to start delivering in April. Also Biotech/Pfizer and Moderna have already increased their outputs in Europe.

Alas, AZ have already said they will be delivering less than 50% of the Q2 order in the EU on top of not coming close to their Q1 commitment...why there’s some odd desire to absolve a company from meeting their commitments baffles me. They’ve said they will try to make up for it, but they are 50m doses short on their Q1 order and at the moment look to be about 90m+ short on the Q2 one. J&J will ease things and Pfizer/BioNTech are playing a blinder (and making a mint!)...new BioNTech facility in Marburg up and running now and aiming for 250m EU doses over the next 6 months (on top of the Pfizer production). New storage for that shot should make things easier too...

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What has Barry Fish done that has upset people so much?

Being pretty rude in a lot of the posts today. There's discussion and debate but they're not being constructive at all, and the grading of people's posts as D- etc is pretty childish.

8 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Alas, AZ have already said they will be delivering less than 50% of the Q2 order in the EU on top of not coming close to their Q1 commitment...why there’s some odd desire to absolve a company from meeting their commitments baffles me. They’ve said they will try to make up for it, but they are 50m doses short on their Q1 order and at the moment look to be about 90m+ short on the Q2 one. J&J will ease things and Pfizer/BioNTech are playing a blinder (and making a mint!)...new BioNTech facility in Marburg up and running now and aiming for 250m EU doses over the next 6 months (on top of the Pfizer production). New storage for that shot should make things easier too...

Thanks for clearing that. Yes, also it is reported here that Polymun are in production for the BioNTech and are ahead of Time, so there will be even 5 Mio doses in addition from this facility for all EU countries (100.000 for our country). Austrian Gov. says that there won`t be any issue on the amount of doses from the second quarter onwards as there are more than enough but we will have to wait and see.

11 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Did we ever find out whether it was a manufacturing tweak that allowed the storage at higher temperatures, or just that the shot was more stable than we thought all along?

15 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

how's the vaccine rollout going in Ireland?

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Depends where you draw the line. The over 50s still have a fair number of deaths.

His post specifically said “the most at-risk”

People in their 50’s are highly likely to be okay if they get covid. My uncle is 52 and I’d put money on him to beat covid easily. 

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

how's the vaccine rollout going in Ireland?

People are complaining as they look over the Irish Sea and see you guys absolutely hammering it! But, it’s a supply issue. They are running at 95% of stock each week going into arms, so there’s no stockpiling (and no rejection of AZ, every dose delivered is being used as soon as it arrives...with a 12 week gap too). About half of those that have had dose 1 have also had the second dose. Healthcare and care homes are finished, over 85s in the community finished this weekend and over 70s should be done in the next few weeks. If supply increases in Q2 as expected, they reckon they’ll have dose 1 into all adults that will take it by June and entire programme (fully vaccinated) finished by September...but they’ve said they could take a few months off that if J&J gets approved and we get deliveries (we have nearly 4m ordered, which at 1 shot would do the whole adult population!). They’ve also ordered an extra 1.8m Moderna shots on top of our EU allocation, so if we get those by summer, it’ll speed things up too. All about supply at the moment, we’ve 37 mass vaccination hubs around the country sitting idle with no doses (a handful are being used to bundle GP practices with small patient numbers to simplify delivery of the Pfizer shot), pharmacies not administering yet, but all standing by a ready to go when doses arrive (our flu programme is pretty much the same as the NHS and while we have both a public and a big private healthcare sector, they all work in mostly the same places, so it’ll work fine as soon as we get a decent amount of shots delivered!)...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did we ever find out whether it was a manufacturing tweak that allowed the storage at higher temperatures, or just that the shot was more stable than we thought all along?

Apparently after Moderna said they could store theirs at -20, Pfizer tested some at that temp and found it made no difference compared to -80! 

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

People in their 50’s are highly likely to be okay if they get covid. My uncle is 52 and I’d put money on him to beat covid easily. 

Hospitalisations pretty high over 45 according to some charts I saw the other day - but they drop off hugely below that point. once they're done NHS will be fine (the most important thing) and that hits around the time restrictions start to properly lift

Also on the schools debate I think ventilation will help, though it's gone cold again at just the wrong time 

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Fat diabetics men over one hundred are the "most at risk". It's subjective where you draw the line.

1 hour ago, oneeye said:

Good news there grumps, onwards and upwards. Oh, and your book was an excellent insight into the shady world of journalism in bygone days; a great read 😊👍

Thanks @oneeye  Glad you enjoyed it.  I don't think book writing will ever make you money, unless you hit lucky like JK Rowling.  But it's a diversion during lockdown.

Fingers still crossed for a couple of festivals this summer.  I've got tickets for Green Man, but that will be subject to Welsh Government restrictions, which might be a bit tighter than in England.  Also still hoping that Wychwood will go ahead.  They say they are optimistic but it's at the beginning of June, three weeks before Glastonbury which has already been cancelled, so I'm not too sure.