When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Greater Manchester rates continue to astound. Stockport in particular dropping from 126 to 106 in a single day is...pretty huge. I tried to work out what the weekly decline would be if that daily % was kept up for seven days and failed, but it would be pretty huge.  And to think that a few days ago, there was a small week on week rise in cases.

Call it vaccines, call it better weather, whatever it is, it's damn good.

0_JS229835383.jpg

0_Infection-rates-05032021.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Kind of agree with children not having to wear masks in class, especially the little ones.

I think it only applies to year 7 and higher

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Bless - here lies one of the problems.  Your reading abilities.

I said LOW risk which is statisticaly a fact.

I think you need to try harder.  C-

What part of "she might get the virus and be fine but then pass it on to someone older/vulnerable who then becomes ill" do you not get?

By your flawed logic, all young people should be free to do whatever the hell they want as they are statistically (note spelling) "low risk".

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

You wouldnt even be allowed to go to the park. Theyre restricting it to in state residents only.

And here is a breakdown of capacity according to out color tiers.

OUTDOOR SPORTS STADIUMS and OUTDOOR LIVE PERFORMANCES:

• purple tier: 100 customers max, no concessions
  • red tier: 25% capacity
  • orange tier: 33% capacity
  • yellow tier: 67% capacity

AMUSEMENT PARKS:

• purple tier: not allowed
  • red tier: 15%
  • orange tier: 25%
  • yellow tier: 35%

Imagine if Disney were only allowed 100 people in their parks. Might actually avoid a queue. 

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wow saw fantasmic in 2005 when I went with my family, can only imagine how good it is now with technology improvements! 

Me and the girlfriend want to do Orlando when we can. Think I'd appreciate it all even more as an adult. Plus the new star wars and Harry Potter parks are there 

Went in October 2019, absolutely phenomenal 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So your logic sees children in masks at school until a vaccine is authorised for them.  Probably early 2022.

It's about a balance of risks.  I doubt it will survive beyond Easter on that basis.

Also someone said it works fine in other counties.  It happens in other countries.  That does not mean its not without issues.

Nope.

My logic sees maskwearing in schools until the most at-risk people in the country have been vaccinated.

The date sufficient people will have been protected is soon but it's not next week.

Edited by xxialac

So your logic sees children in masks at school until a vaccine is authorised for them.  Probably early 2022.

It's about a balance of risks.  I doubt it will survive beyond Easter on that basis.

Also someone said it works fine in other counties.  It happens in other countries.  That does not mean its not without issues.

It’s about preventing a surge of infection when they return to school, while the vaccination program continues to roll out amongst the adult population. 

I’m surprised a man of your superior knowledge didn’t know this. 

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I know the concept.  The lateral flow testing is the only real thing that will prevent that.  And that doesn't hurt delivery and behavior in lessons.

In your expert opinion, face coverings do not reduce transmission?

I don’t understand what you were saying about 2022 if you ‘know the concept’. 

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I know the concept.  The lateral flow testing is the only real thing that will prevent that.  And that doesn't hurt delivery and behavior in lessons.

😂 the innova ones that the government are desperately trying to get through as quick as possible because they turned out it be useless? 

18 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yes, you're right, it's not ideal to have to wear facemasks in schools but many countries have been doing so since as far back as August and they have coped.

But to deny the importance of facemasks is to deny science. The science has proven over and over again that wearing facemasks are a 'real thing' that reduces transmission

No offence but you're an idiot.

Edited by xxialac

We was talking about a surge.  The testing is being applied to the whole household.  Its going to have a huge impact.

Grade: D- 

We were talking about a surge. 

Grade: E-