When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

29 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Interesting from St John ambulance, they're doubling the shifts they're doing from mid April through May to 60,000 per month and new vaccination sites.

More evidence of capacity increasing. 

Is it @Fuzzy Afro tracking this?

No he seems to be tracking the vaccines based on published Scotland numbers available and then translating it to England ... I’ve said for a few days now that the massive numbers will come from wc 14th March ... when the volunteer numbers are also massively ramped up in Somerset ... yours seems to be slightly later though 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

Over 55s can now book!

Confirmed my mate just did it! 🙂

Is that including 55s? I can't tell - partners mum is 55 

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The missus has just told me that she isn't drinking for two weeks after the vaccine because she saw it recommended somewhere. Please tell me this is bollocks.

Russian health minister recommended it for theirs but don't know if it's been officially recommended here. Would've expected more publicity if it was! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The missus has just told me that she isn't drinking for two weeks after the vaccine because she saw it recommended somewhere. Please tell me this is bollocks.

This is not in the training they give you about the vaccine.

The only way it may be useful is if Mrs steviewevie thinks she'd be more likely to break social distance after having a few and can't trust herself not keep 2m+ until the protective effect has kicked in

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Good I say

No Jab No Job - Its called being responsible 

I hope they're using this time to find a way to poach some staff from elsewhere - even if a few quit in protest (alongside those who've just had enough/ptsd etc) it brings down the threshold for winter lockdowns down by a fair bit...

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

These are my two.

And yes you have a population of 46m. The latest in that graph shows 300 cases per 1million which actually works out at 13k.

If the info of I live here I know is valid enough bloody hell half the UK would know. You're very over protective of Spain which fair you live there. I live in the UK and will confirm that at the minute it's a shithole country that is gash.

I apologise on the 10k number, I misread that they didn't have update stats to March. But 6k is still high.

Screenshot_20210305-124135_Chrome.jpg

Paul downvoting this and the debate with the actual person didn't. SHOCKER!

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

99% of people will just get the jab - if not they can take their chances in the post pandemic UK job market and everything that will bring.  Many people will kill for their jobs and they will be easily replaceable.  Don't worry.

Im only talking about NHS staff - they're not easily replaceable. I just don't trust the government to have the foresight to realise some will see this is as the final straw - they need a plan

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

This is not in the training they give you about the vaccine.

The only way it may be useful is if Mrs steviewevie thinks she'd be more likely to break social distance after having a few and can't trust herself not keep 2m+ until the protective effect has kicked in

Well, takes an awful lot of booze for her to get closer than 2m to me, not sure about anyone else.

Been googling and have found it kind of recommended, but only in a because alcohol is shit for you and fucks with your immunity anyway sort of way.

e.g.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56040999

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

It's massively coincidental that this story comes on the same day that they announce a below inflation pay rise for NHS staff. Almost as if they want to propose something else that the Unions will object to in order to keep them busy.

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I hope they're using this time to find a way to poach some staff from elsewhere - even if a few quit in protest (alongside those who've just had enough/ptsd etc) it brings down the threshold for winter lockdowns down by a fair bit...

15 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

99% of people will just get the jab - if not they can take their chances in the post pandemic UK job market and everything that will bring.  Many people will kill for their jobs and they will be easily replaceable.  Don't worry.

I don’t know of anybody that’s not already had the vaccine across everyone i know - paramedics, nurses, consultants, technicians.  I don’t think it’s an issue to many NHS staff, they understand the threat.

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I had a glass of wine in my hand half an hour after being jabbed, so I hope it's bollocks! 😄

51 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Good I say

No Jab No Job - Its called being responsible 

In general, I’d support patient facing roles at least requiring it (vaccinations have been mandatory for some roles I’ve had). However, I think we are on shaky ground making a vaccine licensed for emergency use only mandatory. Once it’s fully approved, I’ve no problem, but not yet.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

No he seems to be tracking the vaccines based on published Scotland numbers available and then translating it to England ... I’ve said for a few days now that the massive numbers will come from wc 14th March ... when the volunteer numbers are also massively ramped up in Somerset ... yours seems to be slightly later though 

Yeah it is clear the Scottish numbers are outdated now and based on what I hear from my boss at work, the predicted supply is changing every day. I think your info seems good about mid march signalling a big ramp up.

Deliberately used ramp up in the hope it annoys whoever was annoyed by it 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Has anyone been able to book a second dose that didn’t get informed when they had their first one the date of the second ? My dad said he’s done it but wasn’t sure the link he used ?! 

I booked my second one online. Maybe a day or two after getting the jab. The system "knew" I'd had the first and offered me about 5 dates all in the 11th week. 

My mum hadn't got a date but couldn't book online (don't think you can in Wales) but just got an email today with her second date, 25th March, so only 5 weeks after her first

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah it is clear the Scottish numbers are outdated now and based on what I hear from my boss at work, the predicted supply is changing every day. I think your info seems good about mid march signalling a big ramp up.

Deliberately used ramp up in the hope it annoys whoever was annoyed by it 

Royal Voluntary Service sent out an email to everyone signed up saying the same thing, basically a lot more volunteer shifts becoming available from the 14th due to new centres opening and generally ramping up.