When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

just had info that from the 15th March there will be a large ramp up of vaccine voluteer requirements at the 3 somerset mass vaccination centres .... 

I just got an email from RVS (goodsam app) saying there were going to be loads more volunteer shifts coming up due to ramping up. I'm not actually volunteering through them as they aren't doing my area but looks like things are good BIG from the 15th

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

That's because it had nothing to do with protecting public health, it was the first step towards the digital ID vaccine passport, just a way to normalise checking into venues.

I've wondered what will happen with check ins - if that was possible then, surely short of every place having someone on the door checking at all times then plenty of businesses could turn a blind eye? 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

If covid was the other way round and mainly attacked young and healthy people (like Spanish flu did) there is zero chance that a lockdown would fly with the boomers. Let’s remember that the generation who have been hit hardest by covid are those who routinely fuck younger people over at the ballot box every few years and no one bats an eyelid. 

Bizarrely me and everyone I know in 50s early 60s are fairly politically engaged and even more Bizarrely we care a lot about the health and future of our adult children

But I might be making a ridiculous sweeping defence of my generation . 

40 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The graph is appreciated.  You can see that even though the rates have dropped off a bit, we're still actually jabbing quite a few people.

Including my wife who has had a sore arm for three hours now! 

No problem.

I hope your wife is ok and a sore arm is the worst it gets for her. 

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've wondered what will happen with check ins - if that was possible then, surely short of every place having someone on the door checking at all times then plenty of businesses could turn a blind eye? 

Most small businesses – coffee shops, pubs, restaurants, etc etc – just won't have the people power to have people checking vaccine status on entry, so it's an unworkable idea. Most of the restaurants and pubs during last summer simply waved at the T&T QR code because everyone's too busy, stressed and underpaid to be ensuring it's done properly. Once restrictions are lifted these places won't give a shit whether you're vaccinated or not.

5 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Bizarrely me and everyone I know in 50s early 60s are fairly politically engaged and even more Bizarrely we care a lot about the health and future of our adult children

But I might be making a ridiculous sweeping defence of my generation . 

I don’t think you are making sweeping generalisations at all! My parents (slightly older, in their early 70s) certainly wouldn’t be doing anything that would put me or my sisters at risk if the tables were turned (though I suspect if they had to choose between us and their only granddaughter, she’d win hands down!😁)...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Most small businesses – coffee shops, pubs, restaurants, etc etc – just won't have the people power to have people checking vaccine status on entry, so it's an unworkable idea. Most of the restaurants and pubs during last summer simply waved at the T&T QR code because everyone's too busy, stressed and underpaid to be ensuring it's done properly. Once restrictions are lifted these places won't give a shit whether you're vaccinated or not.

Lets hope that's the case, with pubs the local authority have a bit of leverage as they can threaten to remove their licence if they are not complying with the guidance. Other businesses can probably be a bit more militant if they want. Most places won't want to be turning customers away, they will be desperate to get some money in.

I'm talking about young adults in their twenties and thirties, not actual children.

What makes you think that?

I'm talking about young adults more so than actual children. I suspect most of the boomer generation wouldn't bad an eyelid.

Young adults. Yep i forgot my kids stopped being my kids on their 20th birthday so fuck em.

Edited by danmarks
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Lets hope that's the case, with pubs the local authority have a bit of leverage as they can threaten to remove their licence if they are not complying with the guidance. Other businesses can probably be a bit more militant if they want. Most places won't want to be turning customers away, they will be desperate to get some money in.

Depends if its left to the "free market" or not. That's the ideal because no consequences for anyone

I'm talking about young adults in their twenties and thirties, not actual children.

What makes you think that?

I'm talking about young adults more so than actual children. I suspect most of the boomer generation wouldn't bad an eyelid.

As you get older you'll realise your parents (if you're lucky to have decent parents) never stop seeing you as their child (and then when you have children, you'll do the same)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hope you never have to suffer the pain of losing a child whatever their age.

Edited by Lizzim

Dear Nurses,

Thanks so much for your heroics in the last year. You worked tirelessly for shit pay.

I wore my NHS badge (and made sure everyone noticed). I clapped (and made sure the neighbours saw me). 

Now as a special treat here's £3.50 a week - just don't go and spend it all at once!

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/coronavirus-nhs-pay-rise-nurses_uk_60411a6fc5b601179ec34895

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Dear Nurses,

Thanks so much for your heroics in the last year. You worked tirelessly for shit pay.

I wore my NHS badge (and made sure everyone noticed). I clapped (and made sure the neighbours saw me). 

Now as a special treat here's £3.50 a week - just don't go and spend it all at once!

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/coronavirus-nhs-pay-rise-nurses_uk_60411a6fc5b601179ec34895

Government: "It's the least we could have done.  No, it really was the least we could have done."

49 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

As you get older you'll realise your parents (if you're lucky to have decent parents) never stop seeing you as their child (and then when you have children, you'll do the same)

48 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

Hope you never have to suffer the pain of losing a child whatever their age.

Of course parents care about their individual children. That's not my point. My point is the boomer generation as a whole have no problem systematically fucking over young'uns and there's no reason that wouldn't apply in a pandemic.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, such a shit country to allow people to take time off work every day to enjoy life.

What losers!

Shockingly did you know that it doesn't have to be the same people vaccinating 7 days a week, 12 hours a day? 

Yeah apparently you can train more people up and pay others over time. Who knew.