When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Looking excellent on all fronts currently.

If we can keep low rates after schools open then I think we can start talking about maybe moving things up a stage of the reopening.

Also on the vaccine figures there's definitely a selfish part of me that doesn't want to get it all done too quickly, my first appointment as a vaccination volunteer is 1st April and I don't want to miss doing my part! 

Given the current vaccination rate if anything I think it shows the roadmap is pretty accurate and looks good. 

40 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

If we can keep low rates after schools open then I think we can start talking about maybe moving things up a stage of the reopening.

Also on the vaccine figures there's definitely a selfish part of me that doesn't want to get it all done too quickly, my first appointment as a vaccination volunteer is 1st April and I don't want to miss doing my part! 

Yup, speed up the Vaxs and once we get to March 29th with things still low, move June stuff to May.

talking about what I am looking forward too:

1. Gigs
  2. Beer consumption with friends
  3. Wagamama noodles
  4. Finally getting hair cut (it's been a year as didn't want my hairdresser coming into my home when she's been in shed loads of other houses) - fella has Barry Gibb vibes hair lol
  5. Festivals (but rather this be next year as not ready for that yet)

30 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Given the current vaccination rate if anything I think it shows the roadmap is pretty accurate and looks good. 

I’d love to know how given all of the positive stuff coming out over the last 48 hours you can say that with a straight face?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I’d love to know how given all of the positive stuff coming out over the last 48 hours you can say that with a straight face?

some of the doomonger eggheads will see zero deaths for a week and willl insist on another 3 months lockdown 'just in case'

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

some of the doomonger eggheads will see zero deaths for a week and willl insist on another 3 months lockdown 'just in case'

We did still loose a plane load of people today ... 😞 and yep things are on the up ... we are still in lockdown though and that in part is the reason for low cases ... we went fast before and look how many lives that lost ... clearly the vaccine is and will make a difference too but cautious optimism is where I am at the moment . 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We did still loose a plane load of people today ... 😞 and yep things are on the up ... we are still in lockdown though and that in part is the reason for low cases ... we went fast before and look how many lives that lost ... clearly the vaccine is and will make a difference too but cautious optimism is where I am at the moment . 

oh, im not saying open up next week fully. i do think we should have the option of opening up earlier if the good news continues

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

This was an attempt at light hearted humour to those misinterpreting the post. 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

oh, im not saying open up next week fully. i do think we should have the option of opening up earlier if the good news continues

Lots of opening up hurdles still to come although infection numbers should become less of an issue ... we also have a huge backlog of things the nhs has got to somehow deal with which I’m wary of ...  those guys need a rest and not another surge 

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Hate to say it but I think I actually agree with this. I'm all for caution, but if things are looking superduper earlier than expected then maybe they could speed things up....why not?

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Lots of opening up hurdles still to come although infection numbers should become less of an issue ... we also have a huge backlog of things the nhs has got to somehow deal with which I’m wary of ...  those guys need a rest and not another surge 

oh yeah but if deaths and hospitalisation are going down after opening up schools and after April, seems perverse to stick to restrictions past then to the same degree

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Top five thing to do after lockdown

1. Leaving my house more regularly

2. Live music

3. Eating out without being worried about air-con

4. Stand-up

5. Getting to explore stuff I won't have seen for a while before 2020

Did consider international travel but that might well have to wait a bit.