When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, northernringo said:

Northern Ireland's five step 'roadmap' won't be containing any dates annoyingly.

That could actually work out being an advantage though if the data continues to be as promising as it initially looks. 

36 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

It varies from Province to Province.  In Ontario (most populated province), they announced that over 60's should be done by end July, which is shockingly slow and I honestly think it will be done way before then.   The Federal Government (Justin Trudeau) has promised all people who want a vaccine will be done by September.  Whether that means fully inoculated or just one shot who knows.  Vaccine roll out over here has been shocking slow so far.

Thanks for the info! 

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Disappointing

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Looks like those predicted numbers are out @Fuzzy Afro our mass vaccination centres are on lower capacity /staffing untill the 8th ... don’t know if there is anything in this on a national basis ?! 

Too early to hit the panic button yet. I expected 5.6m supply this week so might just be that the delivery hasn't come in yet. Although @Billy Corgan's Ego saying that Sturgeon expects low supply to continue for a couple of weeks isn't encouraging.

57 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Too early to hit the panic button yet. I expected 5.6m supply this week so might just be that the delivery hasn't come in yet. Although @Billy Corgan's Ego saying that Sturgeon expects low supply to continue for a couple of weeks isn't encouraging.

I was going to say the current rate is barely scratching 200k a day. 1.2m a week is way down.

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yikes

I was going to be flying to the states twice this year but I have cancelled as I was worried about subjecting my 7 year old to a 11 hour masked flight and a 7 hour masked flight (and its also highly unlikely Biden will let us in).   She is a good kid but I am not sure she will do it for the whole flight and the likely consequences of run ins with the staff etc.   Its being put off until 2022 now.

Then I watch this which is on the news of a family being kicked off because there 18 months old isn't wearing a mask (rules state two years and over must wear a mask).  I mean who can seriously expect a 18 month to wear a mask when most adults struggle.

And that is without getting into the anti-semitic issue!

Maybe I'm watching a different video as I don't see a shred evidence of a family being kicked off because an 18 month isn't wearing a mask.

And I don't see any evidence that race had anything to do with the episode.

Jumping to conclusions?

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its on the BBC News...   Its what is being reported / alleged.

Can't find the BBC link - will have to stoop low and post the Mirror...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/airline-accused-anti-semitism-family-23590328

Obviously two sides to every story.  Just made me think about my own first world problems.

There isn't just one video if you look at the twitter feed.  Lots passengers confirming it happened.

I guess a video would prove it but doesn't appear to be one. And easy for passengers to judge without knowing the full story. Here's the other side.

I respect the situation with your 7 year old but this story appears to have little in common.

image.png.d12a331cabfe98d9dd5759ea9b6b04c7.png

Looking excellent on all fronts currently.

If we can keep low rates after schools open then I think we can start talking about maybe moving things up a stage of the reopening.

Also on the vaccine figures there's definitely a selfish part of me that doesn't want to get it all done too quickly, my first appointment as a vaccination volunteer is 1st April and I don't want to miss doing my part! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1