When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The medical records of the president belongs in the public domain? 

It's impossible to have a discussion with you if you can't follow the arguments of others.

Prominent figures take a vaccine -> Take up of the vaccine goes up. White republicans have the highest percentage of any group who are unwilling to take the vaccine. If their god announces he has taken the vaccine (he must believe in it or why else has he taken it), then this number falls and the public health of the USA improves.

Jeez...

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The medical records of the president belongs in the public domain? 

How tiring it must be to be so purposefully obtuse. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

There are a lot of things wrong with Donald Trump but a 74 year old man being “quietly” vaccinated is not one of them 

He isn't just a 74 year old man is he, he has huge influence over a large sway of a skeptical subsection of the population. 

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

What on earth are you talking about? It’s his own business whether he wants vaccinated or not 

Maybe some of his supporters would reconsider their hesitancy to have the vaccine if they knew he'd had it

He’s only kept it quiet because he knows the cult dweebs that follow him wouldn’t be impressed by the news. Yet again, he’s playing to the extreme fringes of society rather than leading by example and encouraging Republican skeptics to take it up.

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Wonder if he did actually have Covid back in October then? Wouldn’t put it past him for it all to have been a stunt before the election - that video of him emerging from the helicopter was something else.  

I don't think his acting skills are up to much and he was visibly out of breath. I mean, he can barely string together a coherent sentence.

Johnson, on the other hand, I suspect was less ill than he wants you to believe. Certainly I doubt his life was genuinely under threat, as he reclaims.  He recovered so quickly (how different to other seriously ill Covid patients..)...

Edited by xxialac

16 hours ago, xxialac said:

I pretty much agree with you and of course good to take responsibility.

My point was more: could you criticise people who don't wear a mask outside if it starts to get crowded?

I would if those people then started complaining the park they were in was overcrowded and there should be people manning the gates to stop other people getting in as it's unsafe.

I think it's true to say the UK government don't really care about air travelers. There's no way to travel safely on a plane, regardless of how essential your journey is. You're in a confined space with others, sharing air for usually 2 hours or more.

That risk is already acknowledged, which is why when you return you have to isolate for 10 days, regardless of where you come from. So you shouldn't be able to pass it on to others.

Therefore someone catching COVID in a airport terminal is not a major public health risk. They'll be isolating anyway.

So it becomes purely a matter of personal risk. Is it right to increase the risk of these people who have travelled on (presumably) essential journeys. Or should we increase the risk to airport staff, by forcing them to come to work. To me it seems fairer to do the first thing - the risk should be on the people who have made the choice, not the people that have no choice in the matter.

I still can't get my head around how bonkers this is. Why are those exercising outside being targeted? Aren't you more at risk of serious issues with COVID if you aren't fit and well? 

Honestly this makes my blood boil. Does anyone on here think those running outside should wear masks?

Just now, JoeyT said:

I still can't get my head around how bonkers this is. Why are those exercising outside being targeted? Aren't you more at risk of serious issues with COVID if you aren't fit and well? 

Honestly this makes my blood boil. Does anyone on here think those running outside should wear masks?

Trish Greenhalgh is a whomperc**t of the highest order 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It’s absolute madness. I have been running throughout the pandemic, and always make sure I assess the situation ahead and step out into the road if clear, or make sure I cross if I see anybody ahead walking on the pavement. I 100% will not be wearing a mask when running. 

Some people need to get a grip of what’s actually happening here. 

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Its mental, I'd prefer they gave me a bit more space in the streets instead of brushing past me but even then they're out doing something healthy and productive that could help the hospitalisation level in the country instead of the token walk I'm doing

40 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I would if those people then started complaining the park they were in was overcrowded and there should be people manning the gates to stop other people getting in as it's unsafe.

I think it's true to say the UK government don't really care about air travelers. There's no way to travel safely on a plane, regardless of how essential your journey is. You're in a confined space with others, sharing air for usually 2 hours or more.

That risk is already acknowledged, which is why when you return you have to isolate for 10 days, regardless of where you come from. So you shouldn't be able to pass it on to others.

Therefore someone catching COVID in a airport terminal is not a major public health risk. They'll be isolating anyway.

So it becomes purely a matter of personal risk. Is it right to increase the risk of these people who have travelled on (presumably) essential journeys. Or should we increase the risk to airport staff, by forcing them to come to work. To me it seems fairer to do the first thing - the risk should be on the people who have made the choice, not the people that have no choice in the matter.

All travellers into the UK have passed a PCR test to sit on that (half empty) plane. 

It's infinitely safer as a result than, say, an underground tube train and I doubt everyone on the tube is on more of an essential journey.

Airport staff have brief interactions with passengers and are wearing masks or behind a screen. Other than at border check (where workers are definitely behind a screen), the airport is pretty empty.

Yes, they have to come to work, that's true, but that's probably by car or by overland train, neither of which are particularly risky.

Edited by xxialac

I don't agree with most of you on anything, but even here in Singapore you don't need to wear a mask when exercising outdoors. Plenty of other areas where compliance could be managed better that would be more beneficial than that.

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

All travellers into the UK have passed a PCR test to sit on that (half empty) plane. 

It's infinitely safer as a result than, say, an underground tube train and I doubt everyone on the tube is on more of an essential journey.

Well then that argument goes the other way - it's safe to be queueing for hours also, as everyone in that terminal had passed a test.

Just now, DeanoL said:

Well then that argument goes the other way - it's safe to be queueing for hours also, as everyone in that terminal had passed a test.

That's extremely fair comment, guess it just annoys me how unnecessarily inefficient the process is.

At other airports, they have a lot more staff and they do some of the checks at the baggage control, like a scan of your Passenger Control Form, so that there are no bottlenecks at the Border Control. There's no 6 hour queues at Madrid, Amsterdam or Paris - and some of these carry more traffic.

Why have more staff in an airport branch of Burger King than manning our borders?

Wonder if all the talk of new strains evading immunity from previous infections is a way of encouraging those who have already tested positive for Covid to have the vaccines? 

This could be key, especially as we move down the age brackets to those whom the changes of serious illness becomes increasingly unlikely.