When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

She was in tears telling me ... I was at a complete loss what to say or do .. 😞 hopefully things improve out there with vaccines very soon 

These covid bereavements are horrific - people having to say goodbyes via Skype or phone, people stuck at home alone to deal with their grief, just so many sad stories

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yeah...they're also imposing a strict lockdown.

Quite surprising it got so bad there. They were one of the first countries to close their borders and neighbouring Slovakia was one of the first countries to test their whole country. I thought they took the right initial steps. 

1 hour ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Ahh I think I asked this Q prematurely after reading some of your later posts, didn’t realise you volunteered through SJA, I applied to the NHS one! 

Glad you’ve finally got a shift, the atmosphere at the vaccination centres is meant to be great! Thanks for your help in getting us all jabbed up!

Ah no worries! 🙂 You might get there a bit sooner with that.

Got another shift confirmed today so that's two in the diary now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Good news for you btw, I project that all adults aged 40 or over will be offered a vaccine by the end of this month 

End of March? Wow! It really can’t be stressed enough how amazing this vaccine rollout is. So much love for the NHS.
I’m 36, by your data I assume I should expect the call in mid-April?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sounds good to me. And then Moderna to help out getting the youngsters over the line?

Yeah Moderna to come online in April when we should be on to the thirtysomethings in group 11 (though only 50k per week UK wide). I suspect Moderna will be the vaccine for all the hipsters out there while us normal folk will have the Oxford or the Pfizer

05AA54E5-8318-4F64-BCC8-BD58D145ACD0.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

End of March? Wow! It really can’t be stressed enough how amazing this vaccine rollout is. So much love for the NHS.
I’m 36, by your data I assume I should expect the call in mid-April?

April is when the second doses kick in big time, meaning that despite overall supply being similar to March, I project only 7m first doses (compared to 20m in March)

Having said that, I think groups 1-10 will be done by the end of March and group 11 fits nicely into April. If I were you I’d be expecting the call before you’ve run out of Easter eggs. 

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yeah Moderna to come online in April when we should be on to the thirtysomethings in group 11 (though only 50k per week UK wide). I suspect Moderna will be the vaccine for all the hipsters out there while us normal folk will have the Oxford or the Pfizer

05AA54E5-8318-4F64-BCC8-BD58D145ACD0.jpeg

So none of this incredible speed is driven by Novavax or J&J? Seems like we'll be nearly done by the time they arrive.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So none of this incredible speed is driven by Novavax or J&J? Seems like we'll be nearly done by the time they arrive.

Yeah I don’t have reliable supply figures/dates for either of those. I think they might end up getting given to Covax 

Either something is about to go catastrophically wrong in this country and the AZ data is flawed, or these countries are going to stand around scratching their heads in a few months watching us host the euros and attend festivals wondering what the hell they were thinking.