When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Ssshhh. You're not supposed to say it. Has been a lovely few days though, and no where near as busy around here as I expected. 

Yeah it's been almost impossibly beautiful these last few days hasn't it?  The dog got walked twice today!

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

And no I don’t wear a mask outside cause that’s insane. 

really ? its better to keep a mask on than keep handling it when going in and out of shops isn't it ? I wonder why they do it in many asian countries ? must all be insane ... or maybe it helps ? 

Sam Coates made some interesting points just before the briefing on Sky News regarding the roadmap being sped up. He think's it's unlikely because of 2 reasons, the first being that in public the government have been very adamant that the roadmap won't be sped up so if they then turned round and sped it up they would be accused of U-turning. The second reason being that up to mid-April the roadmap is fairly slow but after that the different aspects are fairly quick such as numbers of people together for events so it would make it difficult for the government to keep a close eye on things if all those factors came in a quicker time frame.

Or they’re well off and the cost of a test means nothing to them 

Or their employer picks up the cost, I know a lot of people who have flown out and are returning from the Formula E race at the weekend in Diriyah.

Or they’re well off and the cost of a test means nothing to them 

image.thumb.png.c739ad0027f5f7b0561a7ba7dbdf4c82.pngCheck out the daily mail photos and videos.

You'd struggle to find a more ordinary looking bunch of people - no way is this some kind of privileged jetset.

45 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm only wondering as they sent an online survey thing out and there were a few questions about moving the festival back a number of weeks....

I think they might if they think the uptake will be higher based on the questionnaire they sent

I think that's fine but they should offer refunds or at least rollovers if folks don't want to attend IMO 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

really ? its better to keep a mask on than keep handling it when going in and out of shops isn't it ? I wonder why they do it in many asian countries ? must all be insane ... or maybe it helps ? 

don't some people wear them in asian countries because of allergies?

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It is much better to keep a mask on that keep taking it on and off. As technically you are supposed to wash your hands after handling your face mask as well.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

don't some people wear them in asian countries because of allergies?

There are 2 main reasons for mask wearing in Asia - pollution and when people are sick so that they don't spread their germs to others

Personally I think it's good etiquette for public transport going forward especially in winter

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

There are 2 main reasons for mask wearing in Asia - pollution and when people are sick so that they don't spread their germs to others

Personally I think it's good etiquette for public transport going forward especially in winter

Amusingly I initially read this sentence as "in Asda".

42 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

I’m struggling to see a scenario, barring a catastrophic failure of vaccine supply, that the government will be able to justify the speed of the current roadmap by the end of March. 
As I’ve said before once you have solid data that the vaccines have worked in the over 80’s, 70’s, extremely vulnerable and over 60’s then the rest is just a formality. We have pretty solid data on infections, transmission and severe disease, once the data on deaths is good enough there is no justification for keeping the current pace. 

Yup. At the very least, have 4 weeks from April instead of 5

32 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sam Coates made some interesting points just before the briefing on Sky News regarding the roadmap being sped up. He think's it's unlikely because of 2 reasons, the first being that in public the government have been very adamant that the roadmap won't be sped up so if they then turned round and sped it up they would be accused of U-turning. The second reason being that up to mid-April the roadmap is fairly slow but after that the different aspects are fairly quick such as numbers of people together for events so it would make it difficult for the government to keep a close eye on things if all those factors came in a quicker time frame.

Not sure I agree with this. Am pretty sure even some of the more cautious people would be (even if secretly) pleased if lockdown ends earlier. And it would be sold as a huge success - especially with the media being on side.

27 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Hold the press, Brothers cloudy lemon cider is back and in cans too!!!

All they need to do is bring back the coconut and lime one and it's all good 🙂

Am i right in thinking their glastonbury stall used to have the flavours pre mixed coming out of a tap or did they always do the syrup in apple thing and I never noticed til last time?

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Not sure I agree with this. Am pretty sure even some of the more cautious people would be (even if secretly) pleased if lockdown ends earlier. And it would be sold as a huge success - especially with the media being on side.

I'd probably say move the pubs opening up to end of April so they get the benefit of the first bank holiday, and reduce social distancing to 1 metre 17th May. 

40 minutes ago, xxialac said:

image.thumb.png.c739ad0027f5f7b0561a7ba7dbdf4c82.pngCheck out the daily mail photos and videos.

You'd struggle to find a more ordinary looking bunch of people - no way is this some kind of privileged jetset.

What I don't get is why the police aren't there asking them if their journey is/was for essential travel and fining them if it isn't absolutely necessary. We have police monotoring roads near us leading to beaches and fining people if they have travelled from 30 miles away because it wan't essential travel. And a walk on a beach must be infinitely less risky than people arriving from overseas, having been on a plane for several hours then queuing up at an airport. Just seems bonkers to me

Edited by dingbat2