When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

What he says: “Partly resistant to existing vaccines”

How idiots read that: “OMG THE VACCINES DONT WORK!!!!”

Its also misleading really, because no vaccines are 100% effective so all variants are partly resistant to the vaccines. Slightly less effective would be a better way to describe it, but of course that’s less sensationalist. 

4 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

the side effects are your immune response! So the cough and the lung inflammation, the tissue destruction and the dying would all be due to the virus and the headache, fever, aches etc are our immune system! Basically, our bodies think we are being invaded, so we turn the heat up (most microorganisms have a narrow temperature range they can survive in (some don’t, extremophiles live in all sorts of conditions...bugs are crazy, thiobacillus concretovorans eats concrete!)), we also switch on making all the antibodies and mobilise our white blood cells...this means our blood vessels swell a bit to increase blood flow around our bodies (and that gives us a headache), the blood vessels also leak to let the white blood cells out, so that leads to swelling and pains and our lymph nodes go into over drive (distributed all around our body) further swelling and causing some pain. Cytokines (interleukins esp) drive a lot of this and are pumped out by our immune cells when we think we are under attack. It also uses a lot of our energy to do all this, so we feel tired. We have to make the whole immune response from scratch this time, but future jabs/infection will switch in memory cells so should be less stressful as all the groundwork has been done. In the trials, second dose with AZ was milder in terms of side effects. 

So if you don't get the side effects does that mean your immune system can't be arsed? 🙂 (I had the Pfizer one)

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

London yesterday, "protest hasn't been banned" really?

She needs locking up, horrible screechy woman.

Protests are not banned, however groups of idiots are currently not alllowed to gather.

45 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Hotel Quarantine doing well then...  3 Scottish cases came in via Paris then London..

10 minutes ago, mcshed said:

This is drivel, there is not going to be wide spread unrest this summer as there is going to be an easing of restrictions this summer*. China was cracking down on human rights in Hong Kong long before the pandemic and I'm sure Patel would love to ban all protest but she isn't going to and she certainly isn't using the pandemic as an excuse to.

*With restrictions easing and a feeling of normality returning we probably will see more activity by Extinction Rebellion but that's not what you're talking about after all the secret world Government agenda for the Great Reset is on their side so they'll be ecstatic if you're weird paranoid fantasies come to pass.

People don't want an easing of restrictions they want their lives back. I'm not sure why you think these globalist agendas are secret, they are laid out for all to see on their respective websites. I won't bother posting any links as you clearly don't want to know. My paranoia is based on reality, your optimism on hope and naivety, time will tell who is right.

5 hours ago, zahidf said:

Peter Hitchens has finally had his jab, and accompanied it with a long, churlish article to explain that he only cracked to the evil vaccine with great reluctance and under intolerable duress: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9307363/PETER-HITCHENS-Ive-Covid-jab-cost-freedom.html

As a result, his micro-brained anti-vax followers have been lambasting him by the hundreds since yesterday, and it is delightful:

One of the most childish and immature articles I’ve read in a long time. 

There are currently COVID restrictions in place due to a global pandemic that has killed over 100,000 people in this country alone that forbid any gatherings. Patel is not talking about extending them as that would be an outrage she is trying to get new powers that specifically target protesters as she is an authoritarian. The two things are not linked.

By all means be terrified of her as Home Secretary, she would love the kind of control that The Party has in China but she isn't trying to extend COVID restrictions and nobody has banned protest.

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

People don't want an easing of restrictions they want their lives back. I'm not sure why you think these globalist agendas are secret, they are laid out for all to see on their respective websites. I won't bother posting any links as you clearly don't want to know. My paranoia is based on reality, your optimism on hope and naivety, time will tell who is right.

The wonks at the Global Economic Forum don't run the world and the society in 2022 will feel much like it did in 2019.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m very optomistic and I don’t think a Tory govt will keep these restrictions any longer than necessary ... they will see the numbers plummeting and will be having discussions with the scientists I would think ... let’s see what happens with the press conferences this week and the CRG .. and the schools opening ... that will give us an idea of where we are early ... hopefully things can get brought forward ... but we also know how cases can skyrocket ...

I think if schools make basically no difference to rate of decline (which I suspect) - that’s when we’ll see things moved forward by perhaps 1/2 weeks.

Still fairly easy as she goes but acknowledging how much the situation is improving, and fast. 

So 2 of the 3 cases of the P1 found in South Gloucestershire were from people who returned from Brazil in mid February (before the quarantine measures). I mean it’s just crazy that only a few weeks ago, people were actually allowed to come into the country from wherever they like.
All travel to and from Brazil and South Africa should have been banned the moment these variants became a concern.   

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Not really! Our immune systems our complex and vary enormously! 

I was sort of joking but glad no side effects does not mean immune system doesn't work effectively..

I got bitten by a mozzie when I went to China in 2018, bloody hell I was like an open buffet for them... within days I was getting sick and flight home no fun, pretty much wiped me out for over 3 weeks ..... immune system was working overtime then!

While you might have valid concerns, using Freemen of the Land 'I do not consent' fuckwits as a serious example of erosion of rights really starts to undermine credibility.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Well this is awkward 😂

48A9C015-EFE8-4D6F-AEBA-FB4D37EBDC3C.png

Not surprised in the slightest.

@xxialac I eventually got a response from the DHSC Managed Quarantine Services relating to my multiple emails/calls today, over 2 weeks after 1st contacting them and a whole 7 days since got back into the UK.

The answer was - 

We do not currently have a solution for those, like yourself, who have no fixed address, and are currently working on it.

So no tests done/no way to put down No fixed abode on the PLF...  useless fkers! 

Edited by Paul ™

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Cases, deaths and hospitalisations dropping like a stone.

Decent weekend weather wise and people clearly meeting up on groups all over.

Bosh - new variant of concern discovered in the UK

At least one of these took their test well over 2 weeks ago and the others have been in the UK for over 2 weeks. 

Why on earth is this just being announced now? 

Just now, Paul ™ said:

Not surprised in the slightest.

@xxialac I eventually got a response from the DHSC Managed Quarantine Services relating to my multiple emails/calls today, 2 weeks after 1st contacting them and a whole 7 days since got back into the UK.

The answer was - 

So no tests done/no way to put down No fixed abode on the PLF...  useless fkers! 

Classic, course they did. Thanks for the update.

"Currently working on it". Translation: Not going to do anything about it as can't be arsed.

23 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I was sort of joking but glad no side effects does not mean immune system doesn't work effectively..

I got bitten by a mozzie when I went to China in 2018, bloody hell I was like an open buffet for them... within days I was getting sick and flight home no fun, pretty much wiped me out for over 3 weeks ..... immune system was working overtime then!

Mozzie’s don’t like me at all! Apparently it’s my blood type, which also happens to be my motto for life (B+!)...