When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

46 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

"the public clearly want them"

Go look at the likes/dislikes and the comments on this report, it's a mainstream media channel, dislikes are 2 to 1 likes, comments are overwhelmingly negative. Suspect your twitter "poll" is of younger more gullible people.

I feel like the only people who use the like / dislike function on YouTube are the alt right anyway.

50 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Yes, because of the pandemic 2020 was a year withour public protests. Except of course for Black Lives Matter, and the anti-BLM statue defending Nazis, and of course the lockdown protests. Other than that though there was nobody taking to the streets, public protest has clearly been stopped by the pandemic.

Yes Illegal public protests where the police arrested people without due cause. Did you watch any of the footage from the lockdown protests? the police deliberately targetted women to try to get a reaction from the other protesters, they would surround a single women and if she tried to push past they would arrest and claim assault. Maybe you want to live in a police state, i don't.

Re NZ's 'farcical' response, the wife just told me Auckland had a three-day lockdown about three weeks ago, and the one before that was months ago.

Plus they have something called genome tracing which meant they were able to trace a previous 'outbreak' back to a specific doorknob.

Edited by Homer

15 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Just seen the Tory press have started with the ‘Get back to work in the office, you lazy pricks’ messaging again

This is all well and good, but unfortunately the buck stops with actual companies now, and they've seen how productive and efficient WFH can be. Very few will be going fully back to the office in future and most will be adopting hybrid models, however much the government want people commuting full time again.

Unless there's a disincentive to have people working from home (and I have no doubt the Tories might implement something like this), then business has finally seen how much they can cut down on office costs and not have productivity affected. It'll never go back to how it was.

17 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Just seen the Tory press have started with the ‘Get back to work in the office, you lazy pricks’ messaging again. Not sure what they think those of us lucky to have jobs have been doing for the past 12 months?

I know just seen that myself, but in the smaller print it says the WFH policy will remain until least 21st June so still a few months yet

Boris showing his old school views that bums on seats and face to face meetings are the best for office workers 

A mix of office and WFH should become the normal and move away from this stale idea to do every job effectively you have to be physically in the same building .... 

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

This is all well and good, but unfortunately the buck stops with actual companies now, and they've seen how productive and efficient WFH can be. Very few will be going fully back to the office in future and most will be adopting hybrid models, however much the government want people commuting full time again.

Unless there's a disincentive to have people working from home (and I have no doubt the Tories might implement something like this), then business has finally seen how much they can cut down on office costs and not have productivity affected. It'll never go back to how it was.

I'd be happy with a hybrid model and I know some folks like being in the office... It will be interesting to see what happens at my place of work, as they are defo of the view you need to sit next to each other to be effective 😞

The money behind some of London’s office blocks is ridiculous, so many PE firms and hedge funds involved. So sadly it’s no surprise they’re trying to get everyone back ASAP.

Im thankful to work for myself now, but have commuted into various offices in London, although it was very much just the norm pre-Covid it’s seems absolutely bonkers for all involved to spend 2/3 hours per day simply commuting in to an office.

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Not sure why, but my 23 year old housemate has been called by his GP to go for his first jab. Absolutely no health issues, if anything he's healthier than average

There's some marker on his GP file explorer which includes him in the vulnerable or carer groups. There's been a lot of chatter about this sort of thing on a local covid support group:

'...local surgeries are contacting Group 6, Clinically Vulnerable and unpaid carers...

Many are sharing that they've been vaccinated and their age without mentioning, and perhaps not understanding, the reason they are in Group 6. Not everyone realises things like being overweight or bipolar are included in the criteria. This creates a false impression. 

Equally, GP surgeries are only able to use coding on medical records to identify people. They simply haven't got the time for a GP to trawl through the medical records of all their patients. So if you registered as a carer and didn't ask for that code to be removed when you stopped providing that care, the code will still be there, and you'll get invited. The same applies to the medical codes. If you've lost the weight but not been weighed at the surgery, the code will still pick you out.'

26 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The money behind some of London’s office blocks is ridiculous, so many PE firms and hedge funds involved. So sadly it’s no surprise they’re trying to get everyone back ASAP.

Im thankful to work for myself now, but have commuted into various offices in London, although it was very much just the norm pre-Covid it’s seems absolutely bonkers for all involved to spend 2/3 hours per day simply commuting in to an office.

Yep 3hrs+ a day commuting by car... I'd rather not go back to that if I'm perfectly honest 😞

The date the shit will end is confirmed.

I need to tell a little lie, I didn't mean live music, I started this thread really about a Josh Widdicombe gig that I had booked for my Wife's 39th birthday, she turned 40 in October. I have just had confirmation that is will now be in April 2022.

This shit ends in April 2022 😞

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I need to tell a little lie, I didn't mean live music, I started this thread really about a Josh Widdicombe gig that I had booked for my Wife's 39th birthday, she turned 40 in October. I have just had confirmation that is will now be in April 2022.

This thread needs to die significantly before that date. I hope we never make it to 3,500 pages. Although I'm not holding my breath. 

11 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

yay

Funny how those urging caution in easing lockdown were asking for data not dates in the roadmap, and Johnson said that is what we'd get...but in the end roadmap is more dates than data to appease CRG and now those wanting a quicker lockdown are wanting it to be more data than dates cause they think it will speed things up a bit.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Just back from the Etihad where my partner had her vaccine. She was only in there about 10 minutes. City were playing whilsy we were there, although never would have known.

Sometimes you read something that really jolts you and reminds you of how weird everything is. Going for Vaccinations at a mass Vaccination Centre at a PL ground while the match is on, but with no fans there.