When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Has anyone had a jab and not had to hang around for 15 mins ? a colleague told me he just went in and straight out again ... not sure I believe him tbh ... 

Definitely wasn't happening where I've just been, they had each row timed so all got jab at same time to do the 15 min countdown 

They were dishing out Pfizer one

Edited by shoptildrop

Well DOH Eggheads

Behavioural scientists advising the government have warned that without a clear communication campaign, the rollout of vaccines may lead people to flout Covid restrictions before they are lifted.

The researchers fear adherence to the guidelines could fall among vaccinated groups, but also among those who believe there is no longer a major risk to older and more vulnerable people, as the vaccination programme proceeds.

The warning appears in a document released on Friday from the behavioural science subgroup of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), which stresses that the introduction of immunity certificates could complicate messaging and exacerbate community tensions as the country emerges from lockdown.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Has anyone had a jab and not had to hang around for 15 mins ? a colleague told me he just went in and straight out again ... not sure I believe him tbh ... 

It’s not as important to stick around for AstraZeneca. Only made them wait for five minutes where I was volunteering, whereas the Pfizer people had to wait 15 minutes.

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The place where I volunteer(and got my jab) doesn't even really have a place set up for waiting. Couple of seats to one side that I think I saw a couple of people use. I got mine at the ned of my shift and they did advie me not to drive for 15 minutes

45 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yeah if anything I think it’s more likely that step 3 could be skipped. Reason being that by 17 May I think there’s a decent chance that nearly everyone has been offered a vaccine AND covid levels reach record lows. If that happens the you could see a jump straight from step 2 to a full reopening. 

I reckon that's why the 21st June has been given - to get everyone past the 3 weeks by that date to make it a formality instead of a question 

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

I was thinking earlier, my position on anti-vaxxers is (as I've said a few times) is that unless you've already had it, you're choosing between the vaccine or getting COVID. Either way you're going to be exposing your body to something that no-one knows the long term impacts of.

It occurred to me today, that that belief is based on the fact we're not going for zero-COVID and trying to stamp it out. Which is true.

But it would be a perfectly logical position to not want the vaccine, but also be in favour of locking down with the aim of zero-COVID. That way you can both avoid taking the vaccine and avoid getting COVID.

It's telling that I've not seen a single person ever state this. I've yet to encounter one anti-vaxxer who is also a zero-COVIDer.

It's almost like they're not using logic.

Zero Covid can only be achieved by locking down permanently, that is clearly not feasible so why would anyone suggest it? When you say anti-vaxxer I assume you mean someone who doesn't want to take it but is happy for others to do so. If so it's quite possible to believe  that vaccines should be offered to the most vunerable and those less at risk can choose for themselves. As you say they are taking a gamble on Covid but for most people it isn't a serious issue (as far as we know at the moment, it's entirely possible you could have a mild disease but have unknown long term effects).

Your argument can be reversed, pro-vaxxers are for the most part zero-Coviders, they should be saying get vaccinated and then lets get back to normal, but they cannot accept any risks from Covid even after vaccination, they want to have continuous testing, passports, masks etc. instead of accepting that Covid is going to be with us and has to be lived with.  They are willing to change society completely to try to protect the small minority that cannot have the vaccine or for whom the vaccine isn't effective. This seems to be the way it's going, so the benefit of getting the vaccine is diminished, your life will be restricted whether you get the vax or not.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Van Tam just blew the Unions out of the water and made them look stupid and some what selfish...  Not hard...  You always have to go with what reduces deaths and putting Teachers and Police and other critical workers first won't do that...

Somewhere I saw someone who claimed to have done an accurate measure, that putting teachers to the front of the queue at this point would cost an extra 200 lives.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

The 15 minute wait period is because of the (remote!) possibility of anaphylaxis. If you were going to have an allergic reaction to it it would would happen in the first two minutes. So between injection and them filling in your card and telling you to move along. 

The 15 minute wait period is for that one allergic reaction in a million that takes longer, and even then it's only really because they don't want you driving when it happens.

I know that this has been done to death but have been reading a debate on another forum I browse where the vast majority of posters were in favour of a vaccine passport before everyone had been offered a vaccine. How can that possibly be defensible? Young people would be excluded from society through no fault of their own simply by virtue of the fact they had not yet had their turn, despite sacrificing an awful lot over the last year to protect older people who are at greater risk. It is extremely likely that a vaccine passport before everyone has been offered one will never happen but just thought it was quite wild how so many posters supported the idea.