When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, st dan said:

But as Spain is only offering the Oxford/AZ to 18-55 year olds, assuming they aren’t at this stage of the rollout yet, so scepticism of it can’t be a factor just yet?  

I've read in Germany it isnt' just vaccine hesitancy/sceptism, but more that they've been fucking up the vaccine offers.

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So I’ve just seen on a friends fb that he is saying the world has reached herd immunity as he predicted 😀 and thats why cases are dropping worldwide ... there is obviously a bit of vaccine effect in there , any other explanations ? He’s an antilockdowner 

probably mixture of things...lockdown and restrictions after winter spikes, warmer weather...and some natural immunity...but in various places cases starting to rise again.

First the vaccine development has gone as well as could possibly have been hoped for.

And now the vaccine effectiveness is as good as could possibly have been hoped for.

Our prospects would be dramatically bleaker without all the good vaccine-related news. I hope the scientists behind the vaccines never have to buy a drink again.

Just now, xxialac said:

First the vaccine development has gone as well as could possibly have been hoped for.

And now the vaccine effectiveness is as good as could possibly have been hoped for.

Our prospects would be dramatically bleaker without all the good vaccine-related news. I hope the scientists behind the vaccines never have to buy a drink again.

yeah, thanks eggheads.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

So I’ve just seen on a friends fb that he is saying the world has reached herd immunity as he predicted 😀 and thats why cases are dropping worldwide ... there is obviously a bit of vaccine effect in there , any other explanations ? He’s an antilockdowner 

Cases are starting to creep up again globally so your FB friend isn't right.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Boring question re SJA volunteering for those in the know @rascalpete @Leyrulion 

I managed to apply for a couple of shifts! But am now wondering if you hear anything if you get rejected or is it only if you get accepted? One of the shifts I volunteered for is no longer showing up on the app and I haven't had it confirmed, so does that mean I didn't get it? Also how long did it take for you to get them confirmed? Applied for four on Wednesday and three still show up as the green "Volunteered" label but no confirmation. 

I wouldn't mind but I've been offered paid work I could take on those days but would rather volunteer if they want me. Just wondering how long to wait!

Also does it matter that I'm registered in West London but applied for shifts in the East London region? They're actually about as close to me as the West London locations, transport wise, but none of those have shifts coming up.

Hey,

Yeah for my area in GM they seem to be going month by month, just had my April shifts accepted and that was about 2 days after I applied. Not heard anything for May yet.

I think it's a manual process and they've said in GM that they're going through and making sure shifts are evenly split amongst all volunteers.

We've been offered shifts in Blackburn and Cheshire so I think you can go out of area.

The app is a bit tricky to see the confirmed shifts though. You have to click the purple box to see "my duties" then search your dates. The confirmed shifts are the ones with a time next to them, all the others are just place holders for each day.

23 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

May be a slightly dumb question but given we had all of the talk of supply constraints this week and to expect lower numbers, why have the past 2 days been c. 500k doses as I thought supply was going to be limited until into March?

Barring the most obvious causes, I think any attempt to try to analyse the numbers of specific days is going to be doomed to failure as there's so many reasons why it could fluctuate in an unpredictable way.. Better to compare 7 day averages as they should be a bit more representative.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:
Big drop! "Data not dates" may come back to haunt the government if this trend continues (which I sincerely hope it does!)

I wonder if they can get away with 4 weeks gap between steps 2, 3 and 4? I don't see a massive difference with shops opening on April 12 and what's allowed in May