When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

If they even have a resale that is.  But you could change that year to 2023 and itll be like all the fallow years combined with demand that comes with it. If See Tickets could show us the queue of people it would dwarf what R+L just had.

Yeah I've resigned myself to it being 2023 at the earliest now. There'll be  resale because I think its impossible that there is nobody who's circumstances have changed in that time, but it'll be minimal 

11 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

I would happily pay money to watch the Subways play live at the moment. Or Reverand and the Makers

Any live music with a beer seems like utopia just now

Go easy now, I have seen Revered and The Makers and I'd rather be in lockdown than go through that again.

14 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Jesus. Corby - 343 infection rate. 

64 % voted leave. 

I do find the correlation with the remain/ leave vote and vaccine skeptics interesting. 

Any thoughts?

I don’t think there is much in the way of a link between vaccine scepticism and leave voters but there has been quite a few articles in lockdown scepticism and leave voters though. 

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/covid19/2020/06/09/lockdown-scepticism-is-part-of-the-brexit-divide/

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Jesus. Corby - 343 infection rate. 

64 % voted leave. 

I do find the correlation with the remain/ leave vote and vaccine skeptics interesting. 

Any thoughts?

Pretty much the same Brexit result here in Peterborough, and we’re second

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I know it shouldn't but won't upping corporation tax just mean companies lay off more people? 

that article is about taxing wealthy pensioners. All very labour...except is this right time to be doing this? Does it indicate that Sunak wants to start paying off the deficit sooner rather than later?

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think there is much in the way of a link between vaccine scepticism and leave voters but there has been quite a few articles in lockdown scepticism and leave voters though. 

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/covid19/2020/06/09/lockdown-scepticism-is-part-of-the-brexit-divide/

I saw this so it does seem to be that if you voted leave you are less likely to get the vaccine. https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/covid-vaccine-polling-hesitancy-support-brexit-voter-leave-oxford-university/

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I saw this so it does seem to be that if you voted leave you are less likely to get the vaccine. https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/covid-vaccine-polling-hesitancy-support-brexit-voter-leave-oxford-university/

Wonder how many of people in this demographic have a Union Jack in their Twitter profile, and/or a bulldog tattoo. 

46 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

that article is about taxing wealthy pensioners. All very labour...except is this right time to be doing this? Does it indicate that Sunak wants to start paying off the deficit sooner rather than later?

It's not even that - it's talking about taxing people who have saved over £1 million in their pension pot. And it's not even introducing a new tax, it's just not increasing the cap as expected. I'd say it is the right time to be doing it as lots of people will have saved a lot of money this year (where they've remained in work, but without travel costs and not spending on holidays, etc) - this encourages them to spend that money rather than stick it all in a pension pot. 

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

It's not even that - it's talking about taxing people who have saved over £1 million in their pension pot. And it's not even introducing a new tax, it's just not increasing the cap as expected. I'd say it is the right time to be doing it as lots of people will have saved a lot of money this year (where they've remained in work, but without travel costs and not spending on holidays, etc) - this encourages them to spend that money rather than stick it all in a pension pot. 

oh, ok.