When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

31 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I don't think anyone is booking tickets with 100% confidence the event will go ahead.

Exactly this. I think everyone knows theres a potential of events not happening. But as it stands things are looking in an okay position to happen and as we've seen events are more than happy to roll over tickets to next year too. The writer just seems more worried about hypothetical issues that are impossible to predict and also seems to forget this is peoples livelihoods, they need to get the money in now to give them the best chance of going ahead whenever that may be 

Edited by Chapple12345

44 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Thoughts on this?

I’m naturally erring on the side of caution but still bought a ticket for the Liam day at Reading, feeling the end of August would be OK.

Interestingly the (to put it mildly) "left leaning" bands think it's mental:

Anti-Tory to their own detriment, or just incredibly realistic? 

I think R&L did a good business move and got the hopes up of thousands of people who will be crushingly disappointed. I don't think that many their target demographic are actually going to even consider it won't happen until it's cancelled again, then cry into their TikTok feeds. Will probably help the festival survive but I doubt many others will be brave enough to try it

3 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

so just got a letter from the J&J trial team confirming I had the active dose when i was unblinded. And they have actually provided guidance for what to do regarding having other vaccines......

If you were on the Active vaccine arm: 
- If you received 1 dose of the Ensemble 2 trial vaccine, you would be eligible for 1 dose of deployed vaccine.
- If you received 2 doses of the Ensemble 2 trial vaccine, you would not require any further doses of Covid 19
vaccine.

So looks like i am done - woo hoo. No further doses required. One more for the pot! 😃

Any side effect for either shot?

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think R&L did a good business move and got the hopes up of thousands of people who will be crushingly disappointed. I don't think that many their target demographic are actually going to even consider it won't happen until it's cancelled again, then cry into their TikTok feeds. Will probably help the festival survive but I doubt many others will be brave enough to try it

How is it possible that in the year of our lord AD2021, anybody gives even the slightest of a fuck about the Subways or Reverend and the shitting Makers?

Barely anybody did 15 years ago, or whenever it was they had their 15 seconds of fame.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

How is it possible that in the year of our lord AD2021, anybody gives even the slightest of a fuck about the Subways or Reverend and the shitting Makers?

Barely anybody did 15 years ago, or whenever it was they had their 15 seconds of fame.

They're entitled to their opinion the same as anyone.

Seems a bit fascist to shut them down on basis they aren't famous enough.

7 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I knew the first comment would be about the bands and not what they said 😂

Subways are great live - would definitely watch them if they popped up at a festival in the future

Well looking at their most recent album sales and venues they’ve been playing on their tours I would suggest that the only reason the subways are mad that festivals are going ahead is because no one will be inviting them to be on the lineup.

Apparently they sub-headlined the night of Frank Turner’s lost evenings that I went to in 2018. Shows how memorable they were that I’ve literally seen them live yet had no idea who they were until a few minutes ago. Bunch of pretentious twats. 

3 hours ago, duke88 said:

Got an email yesterday regarding the Novovax trial which I'm on. They're not unblinding us, but everyone is going to get another two jabs - so if you had two placebos last time, you'll get two proper vaccines this time, and vice-versa. Guess it's their way of keeping the trial going without denying people the chance to get properly vaccinated.

So I'll definitely be fully vaccinated by the end of next month, if I'm not already!

That is good news. The same thing was offered with J&J but they wouldn't say by when. My understanding was that in theory you could be waiting till the end of the year before you found out what you had been given. If you had the placebo then you were exposed. Really difficult decision to end the trial and have the roll-out vaccine.

37 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Any side effect for either shot?

I had zero, and i mean zero, side effects from the J&J one, to the extent I was convinced I had the placebo which encouraged me to unblind! The Pfizer one left me with a bloody sore arm for 36 hrs or so - like having a rabbit punch when I was at school. Also felt a bit tired but it's so hard to separate the cause of this when you are existing in this lockdown fog. Otherwise fine, no temperature change or anything. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah but you're a doomster who thought we couldn't meet our vaccine targets....

If social distancing is gone end of June like the govt are aiming for, then of course festivals will go ahead.

48 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Well looking at their most recent album sales and venues they’ve been playing on their tours I would suggest that the only reason the subways are mad that festivals are going ahead is because no one will be inviting them to be on the lineup.

Apparently they sub-headlined the night of Frank Turner’s lost evenings that I went to in 2018. Shows how memorable they were that I’ve literally seen them live yet had no idea who they were until a few minutes ago. Bunch of pretentious twats. 

They’ve got a tour lined up for the end of September. I guess these indoor venues a month after Reading will be a lot safer than an outdoor arena with Melvin’s mates providing testing etc?

Vaccines kicking in in Ireland! Cases among frontline healthcare staff (the first to get their jabs) have fallen off a cliff! While cases in general have declined, not at this rate and pre-vaccination, cases in healthcare staff were much higher than community levels...getting there!

image.thumb.jpeg.03853b4a52cf10650ef117bf99890e2a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2