When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

A small handful, yeah. The majority of under 40’s are fully aware that covid poses next to no risk to them. 

I’ve been vaccinated myself but even if I hadn’t I’d be buzzing to get back out enjoying myself. 

You are a young male are you not? Typically the least risk averse demographic?

19 minutes ago, mcshed said:

England or UK? Is Nicola really going to refuse the chance of Scotland's return to tournament football after 23 years to be at Hampden.

Football? People drinking? People crossing the border to England?

Touches three things she really hates so I expect she’d say no.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hopefully they spread it out and it’s not just London centric to give some boost to local economies ... even with smaller capacities the money is going to be very welcome I would think 

They’ll have 6 stadium clusters IMO, one group held in each region

Group A (Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland) in Manchester with Wales matches at Old Trafford and other matches, including the curtain raiser, at the Etihad 

Group B (Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia) in the North East at St James’s Park and the Stadium of Light 

Group C (Holland, Ukraine, Austria, Macedonia) in the South at St Mary’s and the Amex Stadium

Group D (England, Croatia, Czech Republic, Scotland) in London with England games at Wembley and other games at Tottenham Stadium

Group E (Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia) in the Midlands at Villa Park and the King Power stadium

Group F (Hungary, Portugal, France, Germany) in Liverpool at Anfield and Goodison Park

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

You are a young male are you not? Typically the least risk averse demographic?

I’m a pretty risk averse individual FWIW. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

They’ll have 6 stadium clusters IMO, one group held in each region

Group A (Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland) in Manchester with Wales matches at Old Trafford and other matches, including the curtain raiser, at the Etihad 

Group B (Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia) in the North East at St James’s Park and the Stadium of Light 

Group C (Holland, Ukraine, Austria, Macedonia) in the South at St Mary’s and the Amex Stadium

Group D (England, Croatia, Czech Republic, Scotland) in London with England games at Wembley and other games at Tottenham Stadium

Group E (Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia) in the Midlands at Villa Park and the King Power stadium

Group F (Hungary, Portugal, France, Germany) in Liverpool at Anfield and Goodison Park

I’m a pretty risk averse individual FWIW. 

If no fans then definitely but I'm pretty sure Goodison wouldn't hit the criteria to host games if the idea is to have fans inside. Unless people want to watch from behind a pillar 😂

I think you're close but that another group will be London based with Emirates and Olympic Stadium

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

A small handful, yeah. The majority of under 40’s are fully aware that covid poses next to no risk to them. 

I’ve been vaccinated myself but even if I hadn’t I’d be buzzing to get back out enjoying myself. 

Even if you're right, the government and the restaurants disagree with you, else we wouldn't have had Eat Out To Help Out and we wouldn't we hearing stuff about it coming back again. Which means vaccine passports could still be introduced for that reason.

9 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Thoughts on this?

I’m naturally erring on the side of caution but still bought a ticket for the Liam day at Reading, feeling the end of August would be OK.

This quote made me facepalm so hard. The demographic of people who attend festivals are not the demographic of people who die from covid.

3C4C99E8-1FF6-43B6-B994-707A47150BE2.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Thoughts on this?

I’m naturally erring on the side of caution but still bought a ticket for the Liam day at Reading, feeling the end of August would be OK.

I don't think anyone is booking tickets with 100% confidence the event will go ahead. But Reading and Leeds are big enough they're not going bust with your money if something happens.

The alternative is, well, not announcing them. But it's a lot of money and people could do with some idea of if a thing is happening or not so they can start saving or not. 

10 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Thoughts on this?

All seems a bit pointless and more towards her own worries 

If social distancing is in the bin where it belongs by June, then its safe to happen. If it isn't, then it isn't. 

• Upvote 2