When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

so just got a letter from the J&J trial team confirming I had the active dose when i was unblinded. And they have actually provided guidance for what to do regarding having other vaccines......

If you were on the Active vaccine arm: 
- If you received 1 dose of the Ensemble 2 trial vaccine, you would be eligible for 1 dose of deployed vaccine.
- If you received 2 doses of the Ensemble 2 trial vaccine, you would not require any further doses of Covid 19
vaccine.

So looks like i am done - woo hoo. No further doses required. One more for the pot! 😃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I would imagine there’s a whole raft of reasons but I’d be interested to know why cases are rising. Different types of jobs being open maybe could be one reason? 

I wonder if a number of areas are now getting down to the 'background' cases that we could expect to see from communities or scenarios where distancing is more difficult?  If that was the case we prob see fluctuating rise/fall's, with a slow downward progression as more people pick it up and the number of viable hosts subsequently diminishes.

26 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

The point is there has to be a medical justification for the passport, it's clear there is always going to be an element of risk, but does the increased risk of allowing the extra 8%  justify the intrusion, inconvenience and cost which this system will entail?

If it's something private companies want to use, there doesn't necessarily need to be a medical justification any more than there needs to be a security justification for taking your shoes off at the airport. If the theatre of it will make people think it's safer, and therefore more likely to buy tickets to whatever the event is, it's worth it to the people running the event.

I don't see vaccine passports as a extension of lockdown, more an extension of "eat out to help out". 

16 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I wonder if a number of areas are now getting down to the 'background' cases that we could expect to see from communities or scenarios where distancing is more difficult?  If that was the case we prob see fluctuating rise/fall's, with a slow downward progression as more people pick it up and the number of viable hosts subsequently diminishes.

I wondered the same thing too, it probably at least partly explains it. 

37 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

so just got a letter from the J&J trial team confirming I had the active dose when i was unblinded. And they have actually provided guidance for what to do regarding having other vaccines......

If you were on the Active vaccine arm: 
- If you received 1 dose of the Ensemble 2 trial vaccine, you would be eligible for 1 dose of deployed vaccine.
- If you received 2 doses of the Ensemble 2 trial vaccine, you would not require any further doses of Covid 19
vaccine.

So looks like i am done - woo hoo. No further doses required. One more for the pot! 😃

Got an email yesterday regarding the Novovax trial which I'm on. They're not unblinding us, but everyone is going to get another two jabs - so if you had two placebos last time, you'll get two proper vaccines this time, and vice-versa. Guess it's their way of keeping the trial going without denying people the chance to get properly vaccinated.

So I'll definitely be fully vaccinated by the end of next month, if I'm not already!

49 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

The point is there has to be a medical justification for the passport, it's clear there is always going to be an element of risk, but does the increased risk of allowing the extra 8%  justify the intrusion, inconvenience and cost which this system will entail? I doubt if keeping a small minority out will change things much. You're probably right about me taking the vaccine, I'm certainly becoming more open to taking it. BTW I don't believe the 92% figure in that article, My gut feeling is a 10-20% refusal rate though that may decline.

It also helps with consumer confidence, there's only so much Eat Out to Help Out can do when people are still scared if there is a process in place to ensure that everyone's vaccinated in a restaurant people will feel safer there.

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

It also helps with consumer confidence, there's only so much Eat Out to Help Out can do when people are still scared if there is a process in place to ensure that everyone's vaccinated in a restaurant people will feel safer there.

This is totally made up btw. Everyone’s going to be straight out on the lash as soon as we can. 

• Downvote 2

Just now, mcshed said:

Everyone isn't like you. Yes some people will want to get on it, others will take more time to adjust.

A small handful, yeah. The majority of under 40’s are fully aware that covid poses next to no risk to them. 

I’ve been vaccinated myself but even if I hadn’t I’d be buzzing to get back out enjoying myself. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yup!

England can easily put this on at short notice (Euro 2021).  Really exciting 🙂 

One thing we do really well is event management.  Euros, Olympics and Commonwealth games have all been done so well.

Hopefully they spread it out and it’s not just London centric to give some boost to local economies ... even with smaller capacities the money is going to be very welcome I would think