When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Mellotr0n said:

Really nice watching this cricket this morning with a decent sized crowd. Whether they should be there or not is another matter, but it's just nice to see people.

Had a debate with my Indian colleague last week. He said everything is open there but he’s annoyed because it allows the virus to spread. I said I’d love it if things were more open here. 

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Show off.  Greater Manchester is rising again and the schools haven't even opened yet. 

It’s odd ... we are very good on vaccinations too ... wonder if it’s any reflection of Manchester being in stricter lockdown for longer so maybe more fatigue ... we went through a period of them not falling and I was looking out my window and thinking this is why ... 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Had a debate with my Indian colleague last week. He said everything is open there but he’s annoyed because it allows the virus to spread. I said I’d love it if things were more open here. 

Their positive cases / deaths data is interesting. Have they ever had any restrictions?

image.png.6ec22077bf731b66e254b200bdab9222.png

image.png.67f437e38d7f2338636df02440d83cad.png

From the World Health Organization news conference:

The UK coronavirus variant is both more transmissible and results in more severe illness, said Catherine Smallwood, senior emergency officer at the WHO, adding that it has currently spread in roughly half of European Union member states, with reported numbers continuing to increase.

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't think the world was ever ready for the possible reality it was our pets spreading it all this time....

As soon as they said minks / tiggers had caught it I was amazed the conversation didn't move to pets.

That will be the next fake SAGE argument for maintaining the lockdown 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Show off.  Greater Manchester is rising again and the schools haven't even opened yet. 

I would imagine there’s a whole raft of reasons but I’d be interested to know why cases are rising. Different types of jobs being open maybe could be one reason? 

I’m not sure if this is just Kent but even though the booking page says over 64 you can book if you over 60.  I saw it in fb last night and now my mum is booked in for next week.

I think the same thing happened when it changed from 70 to 65? Anyway, thought it might be useful to someone or their parents in the over 60 category that’s waiting:

https://www.kentcht.nhs.uk/service/kent-vaccination-centres/?fbclid=IwAR1bc6OCB3JwBGycfSs7kwYGaYczGvXUOkbiscS8IC-in5HeAceWg185sXE

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I would imagine there’s a whole raft of reasons but I’d be interested to know why cases are rising. Different types of jobs being open maybe could be one reason? 

In my area there's not much/anything in the way of big factories or offices. (there are smaller ones which are open though). Our latest figures are 40/100,000, less than half the rest of the county and way down on the rest of the North West. We do have the highest percentage of people on furlough in the country though

41 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they had a nationwide lockdown last spring...the reason for the fall in cases since last autumn though is a bit of a mystery.

When's flu season in India? (I think in tropical places it's more to do with wet/dry season than winter.) Maybe their fall in autumn was like our fall in spring/summer, the weather was less conducive to spreading respiratory diseases.

This is a complete guess based on nothing scientific btw!