When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Predictably shoddy.

The redlist idea was a terrible fudge.

Quarantine everyone or no one.

And on a separate matter, I have a real problem with the enforced £210 fee for 2 tests that are DIY. This generates £3million EVERY DAY. Someone is creaming off huge profits...

Portugal still on it despite having greatest case decrease in Europe now this week, another 44% lower and deaths 42% lower.

Yes it's blatant profiteering.

19 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Yeah, there was talk of that glamping event. With the news now maybe they could run more than one?

Think that the news is going to that kind of event less likely to run if anything. With so many proper Festivals now confirming that they plan to go ahead, the bottom has probably just dropped out of the market for the camping/glamping with a handful of acts style events we saw last summer whether distanced or not. Even factoring in the cachet of Glastonbury / Worthy Farm, I can't see why anyone would go for that when they can get the full experience elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Think that the news is going to that kind of event less likely to run if anything. With so many proper Festivals now confirming that they plan to go ahead, the bottom has probably just dropped out of the market for the camping/glamping with a handful of acts style events we saw last summer whether distanced or not. Even factoring in the cachet of Glastonbury / Worthy Farm, I can't see why anyone would go for that when they can get the full experience elsewhere.

I fully get that. I booked EOTR as soon as BoJo set out the dates. People won’t hang around. I can understand the excitement to book holidays etc. I’ve done the same (all domestic for now)

29 minutes ago, March Hare said:

They are still selling tickets and their social media is busy as ever. Got a good chance of running now. I wonder if ticket sales have pick up this week??  They probably have little room for manoeuvre.

To make money they need to pretty much sell out 

A smaller event this year but you get the feeling they need it to go well.

Ticket sales relying on regulars and optimists with no line up announcement at all!

10 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

A smaller event this year but you get the feeling they need it to go well.

Ticket sales relying on regulars and optimists with no line up announcement at all!

Yeah, it’s difficult to gauge demand without anything of a similar size being run by them as a one off. They can’t go of gut feeling. But the force tells me they could sell out 50k tickets for an august event.

55 minutes ago, March Hare said:

That’s a shame. I’d love it if they had a crack at something this year. Even if not the festival proper. A half Glastonbury

Almost certain this will happen, the question is if they do it on original Glastonbury weekend or later in the summer. Going for the original weekend has certain advantages: their regular crew likely won't be working elsewhere, the infrastructure will be available, BBC could be there, etc.

I'd expect we will here something soon as someone is going to want to run a festival that weekend but they may be worried Glastonbury has alternative plans.

A 50K event with just the Pyramid and Other stage running and maybe one or two small venues would basically be a festival on par with Reading/Leeds.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

whats happened to this thread ? theres actual talk of festivals in here 🙂 

I’m on message (I think? 🤣). Thought the point of the thread was “when will it end so we can go to a field with mates (new and old) crack open the hip flask filled with gingerbread vodka and enjoy each other’s company”*

*other flavoured vodkas are available 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

You in different local authorities? Certainly in London there’s discrepancies between the rollout dependent on the borough.

yeah, we're in Manchester, she's in York. But, still here we are in the group6 thing which is up to 65 and in the in-risk group....but missus has none of the conditions...the only thing wrong with her is she's an ethnic minority.

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Almost certain this will happen, the question is if they do it on original Glastonbury weekend or later in the summer. Going for the original weekend has certain advantages: their regular crew likely won't be working elsewhere, the infrastructure will be available, BBC could be there, etc.

I'd expect we will here something soon as someone is going to want to run a festival that weekend but they may be worried Glastonbury has alternative plans.

A 50K event with just the Pyramid and Other stage running and maybe one or two small venues would basically be a festival on par with Reading/Leeds.

I guess it would need to be a smaller event as will be less land to use. There are some festival staff on here with their ears to the ground, be interesting to know what they have heard.

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Anyone else think Glastonbury should do a u-turn and press ahead with the 2021 festival. Freedom arrives 48 hours before the gate open...

No, because despite the logistics issue aside I still dont trust Bojo and co to hit the mark with June 21. Give it time and you’ll see them wrangle Themselves out of the date and find an excuse. The trials will have delays and thus push things back i reckon.

13 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Good, it's the right way to do it.

I agree otherwise it becomes too much of a scrum and then you need to decide which workplace goes first ... and which should be allowed ... it becomes too much of a mess then , with certain sectors lobbying for bump ups ... age is the clearest way of defining risk 

Just now, Suprefan said:

No, because despite the logistics issue aside I still dont trust Bojo and co to hit the mark with June 21. Give it time and you’ll see them wrangle Themselves out of the date and find an excuse. The trials will have delays and thus push things back i reckon.

Totally agree. It's way too much of a gamble as it will sink the festival forever and it is out of their control. Would be irresponsible to go for it really!