When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah I agree. It’s a shame and shows poor handling by the EU but I don’t think people should be pleased they are so far behind. Ideally everyone would be doing as well as us or Israel. 

Speaking from a personal point of view I'm merely pointing out things whereby EU leaders et al are using misinformation.

This isn't gloating this is pointing out things which aren't accurate.

It's important to realise there is a difference between both of these things.

Obviously I can't speak for others however...

Just now, JoeyT said:

Speaking from a personal point of view I'm merely pointing out things whereby EU leaders et al are using misinformation.

This isn't gloating this is pointing out things which aren't accurate.

It's important to realise there is a difference between both of these things.

Obviously I can't speak for others however...

Yeah it's more of 'get your finger out you idiots' rather than gloating thing for me

15 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

He didn't say that. He's having a go at people like you who seem happy that the EU are going slow.

There's nothing wrong with being pleased with our rollout & also wishing Europe could go at the same pace!

Would I prefer it if they were going at our pace? Of course I would.

But if it’s a choice between here and the EU, I would choose us doing well every time. 

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

But if it’s a choice between here and the EU, I would choose us doing well every time. 

It’s this us vs them attitude which resulted in Brexit and the deep racial tension that plagues the nation. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

FFS, we're all genetically mongrels that just so happen to have been plonked in a certain country. Also your mum or cousin could just as easily also be living abroad somewhere like Spain.

Travel, broaden your horizons and you'll see you're being competitive about something completely inappropriate.

Praise the UK, 100%, but stop talking down other countries when there's a human cost and it's innocent lives of people who are humans just like you that will pay the price.

3 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

CONFIRMED - Reading and Leeds festivals going ahead in August. 

Awesome news, it’s far enough into August that they should be safe.

I went to Leeds festival a few years, have very little memory of it. It’s a shame as I saw Limp Bizkit play My Way as well 😆

4 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Just had the conversation with my usual festival group. We want to go to a festival but being in a field with thousands of hyperactive teenagers who have been stuck indoors for a year isn’t really that appealing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Massive.

Glastonbury blighted by the length of time to plan more than the idea of 100,000+ non socially distanced it seems (all being well)

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

That would worry me more than Covid 🙂

Although pulling might be easier than usual 

Being twice the age of the typical Leeds fest attendee means pulling there isn’t something I think about. 

Haven’t been since 2011 and I felt too old then. 

Just now, northernringo said:

Does anyone know when we are supposed to get J&J supply (if/when approved)

Officially, second half of the year but they'll be pushing to get as many doses out the door as quickly as possible so first shipments could be earlier depending on manufacturing progress and commitments elsewhere.

It's being manufactured in the US & EU and I think both ordered before us (and I'm pretty sure that the EU will rediscover the concept of "first come first served" by then). My guess is that it arrives too late to be a factor in the mass vaccination programme.

• Upvote 1