When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No I'm on about the St John Ambulance one. I've done hours of training to qualify for that one and I'm eligible now but can't find any shifts. I think @Leyrulion had a similar issue?

I can never find anything on Good Sam either. Will keep trying though! 

The apps rubbish, there are a few shifts available near me, I only got access on Sunday and managed to book a shift for this Sunday, there were more during the week but I can’t do them.

the instructions are a bit pants, if you click on the volunteer bit and fill in your availability and date range but instead of pressing back, press the button at the top right and that lists everything available for your chosen vaccination centre in that date range and you can then select which role you would like to do on shift.

Also you don’t get instant confirmation that you have been accepted, this takes some time but you get an email from the resourcing inbox for your region.

Yeah.. the app’s really bad...

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so much you were wrong and I was right on this thread.

Yep. See also: people posting like they are some higher power and expert on this stuff when they clearly aren’t. 

23 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

To a degree I think most over-the-counter stuff like painkillers is kinda the same thing though. I'm putting aside drugs that are treatments for specific conditions (like antibiotics or a vaccine) - but if I have a splitting headache, I will take a paracetamol because otherwise I won't enjoy anything - I'll be too busy thinking "my head really hurts". Same with a cold - I'll take something to stop my nose running all day because I enjoy not having a runny nose.

Again - not saying you're wrong in anyway but I view them through the same lens myself.

Oh 100% horses for courses.  I think we just see them as different things.

Insert obligatory "but I'm definitely right" comment here 😉

28 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No I'm on about the St John Ambulance one. I've done hours of training to qualify for that one and I'm eligible now but can't find any shifts. I think @Leyrulion had a similar issue?

I can never find anything on Good Sam either. Will keep trying though! 

SJA - St John's Ambulance. Clearly I was having a brainfart 😄

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So one of the issues might be that there are problems with the booking system ... that has been reported by the admin on the vaccination centre chat for the mass vaccination centres locally ... they had already cut volunteer shifts down ... but last night added to that further 

Out of curiosity I had a look on the Nottingham system (which as people have said is outside of the NHS).  At 9pm last night, I could have booked an 0820 appoitment for today.  There were dozens of free slots in the first location on the booking website for this morning, and this at 9pm the night before.

As of this post, there are 23 slots free in the first location along, this afternoon.  Next site along, 25.  It is 1515, and that is almost 50 free slots between two places.

I am not sure what happens when you try to book them, but it does suggest that a lot of over 65 Nottingham residents are not taking up the offer to get vacinated.

Link to booking website:  https://www.swiftqueue.co.uk/nottinghamc19vpatient.php

23 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

The apps rubbish, there are a few shifts available near me, I only got access on Sunday and managed to book a shift for this Sunday, there were more during the week but I can’t do them.

the instructions are a bit pants, if you click on the volunteer bit and fill in your availability and date range but instead of pressing back, press the button at the top right and that lists everything available for your chosen vaccination centre in that date range and you can then select which role you would like to do on shift.

Also you don’t get instant confirmation that you have been accepted, this takes some time but you get an email from the resourcing inbox for your region.

Yeah.. the app’s really bad...

Thanks for this! The instructions are bad. I've been clicking on that button top right (basically worked that out myself as wasn't clear from what they sent) but am getting nothing for any of my local centres on any dates I can do. Just says "no data to display" but not sure if that means no shifts or not. I guess so?

Where are you based if you don't mind me asking? Good luck with your first shift!

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers for the info! Thinking I might have left it a bit late to get involved, but it's much better than them being under-resourced.

Id be looking to see what happens early next month we could get a significant upping of the numbers required ... im yet to get a shift either 

Went out for a stroll at lunchtime in east London. A popular park there.

Social distancing is literally over lol. Sunny weather and lots of groups gathering.

I think as the weather gets better they may move some of the requirements on outdoor mixing forward, as people are pretty much doing it anyway.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks for this! The instructions are bad. I've been clicking on that button top right (basically worked that out myself as wasn't clear from what they sent) but am getting nothing for any of my local centres on any dates I can do. Just says "no data to display" but not sure if that means no shifts or not. I guess so?

Where are you based if you don't mind me asking? Good luck with your first shift!

Ah sorry to hear that 😞 disheartening when you just want to get involved, sure something will come up, my local point of contact emailed everyone last night to say they are expecting a full schedule including a pretty big ramp up for the next 6 months.

Based in Newcastle, there only seems to be two vaccine centres local to me, the racecourse and the centre for life

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Social distancing is literally over lol. Sunny weather and lots of groups gathering.

I think as the weather gets better they may move some of the requirements on outdoor mixing forward, as people are pretty much doing it anyway.

lots more people in Asda  now from older age groups ... often with what I would assume were members of their families .. its somewhere for them to meet .... 

7 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Ah sorry to hear that 😞 disheartening when you just want to get involved, sure something will come up, my local point of contact emailed everyone last night to say they are expecting a full schedule including a pretty big ramp up for the next 6 months.

Based in Newcastle, there only seems to be two vaccine centres local to me, the racecourse and the centre for life

No worries, sure it will pick up soon and if they don't need me then so be it! All the best with it.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Not true. It's the same line of questioning as "how can you support a fairer global economic system when you've just bought a Starbucks latte?". This thing is not the same as that thing.

My body is equipped to fight off most common illnesses under its own steam.  I'm lucky enough to have a pretty robust immune system, most likely as a result of rolling around in the mud playing rugby and have lived in the unspeakable filth of student housing.  I'll take things to supplement that when I need to, which is where those drugs come in.

I enjoy drinking tea and coffee because of the taste and the comfort of a warm drink, not because I need the caffeine in them to wake up or to stay awake.  I keep a can of red bull in the car in case I'm having to drive late / far and feel that I need something to supplement my own system, which is the same principle as the hayfever / headache premise.

Again, I enjoy drinking alcohol because I actively enjoy the things that contain it and the social aspects that it's a part of. I don't drink things I don't enjoy just to get drunk, and I certainly don't drink with the sole objective of getting drunk.

Your point of "drugs is drugs is drugs" is 100% correct and I'm not arguing that per se. However the point is choosing which ones to take, when, and why.

This is where I am with it all - I try to not take medication that often, I don't tend to get very badly ill with stuff anyway, or I didn't before when I was exposed to stuff! Headaches etc I just ride out, its usually tension so a bath helps to relax the neck/head

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Wonder which cabinet member's family has shares in that company...

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You only have to look at the roads, parks, pretty much anywhere outside of your front door to see that compliance is at an all time low.

There was a survey posted on here touting something like 96% compliance which is absolutely farcical to those willing to take rose tinted spectacles off!

Edited by JoeyT

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Thye might as well move the rule of 6 outsides forwards to March 8th. WOnt make a different to the R rate

Edited by zahidf

2 hours ago, hillwalker said:

So myself and three colleagues had our second dose of Pfizer yesterday morning. I’m fine other than a sore arm that kept me awake when I rolled over on to it. Pretty much the same affects as the first shot and still managed my early morning 8k run. 
one of my colleagues has had to take the day off though with flu like symptoms. She had the same reaction to the first shot but was also had a bad reaction to Covid a few months ago. The other two are fine but just moaning 🙂

Excellent news! My second Pfizer vaccine has been pushed forward so I’m having it next week. I had very minor soreness, but I also know a few colleagues who were unwell for a day or so. Feels like I’m taking a small step to help us resume normality!

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I went out for my walk today and there are no large groups about. It’s all couples of people on their own. Where I am it seems people are still following the rules really well. 

i think its slowly breaking down rather than collapsing completely at present ... some people will be more secure seeing their folks now as I will be in 3 weeks ...