When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Does anyone kinda feel like Boris shouldn’t have put a date on it? 

Social media and everyone is buzzing for a massive summer, the best ever with live music, Euros, beer gardens, the sun, clubs and if it doesn’t happen, everyone is gonna be disappointed and people won’t want to follow rules again. It has to happen now otherwise everyone’s going to be gutted.

even Creamfields are posting saying ‘party of the summer’ which will increase ticket sales and as much as I believe festivals will happen due to vaccination and believing all the hype, if it doesn’t happen, the whole country’s ideology for this summer from the 21st June will be crushed and morale will be at an all time low heading into winter. 

Indirectly, Boris has said get excited for everything back on the 21st June, he has to deliver now. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Social media and everyone is buzzing for a massive summer, the best ever with live music, Euros, beer gardens, the sun, clubs and if it doesn’t happen, everyone is gonna be disappointed and people won’t want to follow rules again. It has to happen now otherwise everyone’s going to be gutted.

even Creamfields are posting saying ‘party of the summer’ which will increase ticket sales and as much as I believe festivals will happen due to vaccination and believing all the hype, if it doesn’t happen, the whole country’s ideology for this summer from the 21st June will be crushed and morale will be at an all time low heading into winter. 

Indirectly, Boris has said get excited for everything back on the 21st June, he has to deliver now. 

I agree, certainly regarding the not complying again. This really does now feel like a last push and people will ignore restrictions if not. The amount of memes on social media about 21 June 

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

There is next to no chance of it not happening, barring some sort of complete game changer new variant that renders the vaccines near useless (that’s incredibly unlikely, FWIW)

Telegraph are saying they wanted to relax before Easter but this was abandoned because SAGE predicted another wave with 55,000 fatalities hence the cautious reopening. But in the most likely scenario, the entire adult population will have been offered a vaccine before 21/6/21, and even in a more pessimistic scenario, the vaccine rollout should  be easily onto people in their 20’s and 30’s by June. 

The “data not dates” thing is just there so Spaffer can reserve the right to slow down if things do go awry, but the roadmap we saw today is almost certain to be carried out in full. The fact that they’ve openly admitted the R number is no longer a key metric suggests that they aren’t going to shit themselves when we do see a rise in cases when the schools reopen (although we need to keep our fingers crossed that it doesn’t translate into a large number of hospitalisations) 

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yeah, he shouldn't have put a date on it.

But I absolutely believe he put an overly cautious date on it, that they're 99% confident of exceeding and so we'll likely see some of those restrictions lifted before 21st of June.

At minimum, I think that they'll shift part of the restrictions forward so that all of the Euro 2020 games in Wembley can go ahead with full crowds - with games being held across multiple countries in Europe, it'll almost create a pissing contest to see who can do it "best".

On 2/19/2021 at 1:10 PM, Ozanne said:

They might not literally be smashing anything but they are doing incredibly well with the vaccine rollout and deserved to be praised for it. 

But not the government? Not in this forum that’s for sure.

34 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I broadly agree with what you’re saying but when you say ‘everyone’ do you really mean young people?! As I know a lot of people with whom those things you have listed won’t be of any interest to. 

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

In the end without insurance cover it's difficult for Bluedot, they won't know for sure until June 21st if they can go ahead...right?

Correct. And all other festivals this summer who are needing the insurance in place before committing any money, which will be sooner than that date.

This road map doesn't give them that or the confidence to go for it. 

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

Correct. And all other festivals this summer who are needing the insurance in place before committing any money, which will be sooner than that date.

This road map doesn't give them that or the confidence to go for it. 

Yep. The government needs to put its money where its mouth is and provide insurance cover.

The Dutch and other governmets have done this already.

56 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

My mood took a 180 on hearing a date. I have felt miserable being locked in since tier 4. I think giving a date is safe as we should have everyone in groups 1-9 risk groups double dosed and then a good chunk of the leftover as single dosed.

we should be fine

48 minutes ago, incident said:

But I absolutely believe he put an overly cautious date on it, that they're 99% confident of exceeding and so we'll likely see some of those restrictions lifted before 21st of June.

I fully agree with you, Boris knows all the times before hes over promised and under delivered so by doing it this way round he pleases everyone, they all know patience is waring thin and people are growing tired of the lockdowns so by exceeding expectations he can keep everyone happy,

Just now, Barry Fish said:

I am 100% behind covid domestic passports.  I don't want to be say next to a selfish arse who won't take the vaccine.

Obviously we will need exemptions for people with conditions that stop them take the vaccine and kids until they become available for 

Is it literally because you don't like the way they think? Because you'll be fine with two doses of the vaccine. Probably would be fine without it. 

I hope some pubs don't ask for it 

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well you can always get tested instead...

Chance of testing positive and having to isolate - definitely won't be going to gigs it seems as that involves losing money too. 

Going to be an interesting experiment anyway- I don't even plan to install the app on my phone but depends on whether supermarkets require it or not. Might ask for a paper copy so it's literally "papers please" - I'll need some entertainment 😂

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I wonder how long venues will even bother with this if the uptake of the vaccine is high ?  There is going to be a cost to testing and it only increases the more the people take up the vaccine and the less people need the test.  The costs will be passed onto the ticket buyer - and there is clearly a point where its too expensive for all involved.

I don't testing as a long term solution - its a short term fix while we get everyone covered.

I'm not convinced it's a good solution even short term - costs too high for small venues and logistics near impossible for big ones

Edited by efcfanwirral