When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

48 minutes ago, incident said:

Why wouldn't you be jabbed?

You'll likely both be offered a vaccine by the end of April at the absolute worst and possibly some time in March, either way well before Bluedot.

As it stands today, pretty much everywhere in the country is on Group 6, and anecdotally some have places started on Groups 7 and 8 - so people in (effectively) Group 10 aren't far away.

I'm not saying I won't be jabbed but not sure it will be in March tbh as covid calculator is May or June

Also whilst I know most of you are raring to go out, I'm nervous and it will take time to be round people and get used to mass gathering

I'm not sure I'm ready to do a festival a month after everything is back to free for all.... if it all goes to plan

I don't overall have a problem with the roadmap but it will take time for me (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) to try and get back to how it was before as I've literally gone nowhere or seen anyone else for a year apart from food shopping

If, later in the year, Whitty doesn't get a peerage or other recognition for the stuff he has had to put up with, and the intense spotlight he has been under, when twonks like Ian Botham, Claire Fox and Jo Johnson have been shoved into the HoL for not a lot, then it would be a travesty.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

I'm not saying I won't be jabbed but not sure it will be in March tbh as covid calculator is May or June

Also whilst I know most of you are raring to go out, I'm nervous and it will take time to be round people and get used to mass gathering

I'm not sure I'm ready to do a festival a month after everything is back to free for all.... if it all goes to plan

I don't overall have a problem with the roadmap but it will take time for me (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) to try and get back to how it was before as I've literally gone nowhere or seen anyone else for a year apart from food shopping

I think a lot of people will feel the same...some will be raring to go, but many others will be nervous. 

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

Take your time .. I didn’t think I’d have been able to handle any of this tbh .. we adapted to all the restrictions thrown at us and will adapt in the other direction it may just seem odd to start .. 

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I can understand where you are coming from. On the one hand I'm super eager to get back out there, but my social skills have suffered this year and I reckon I could feel a bit anxious in crowds. I want to go to gigs and festivals this summer, but I can see why July might feel a bit soon. I think I'd feel more up for it in August/September after having been out and about a bit more.

If I were you I'd drop them an email at Blue Dot and ask. I reckon they'll probably refund you under the circumstances.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can understand where you are coming from. On the one hand I'm super eager to get back out there, but my social skills have suffered this year and I reckon I could feel a bit anxious in crowds. I want to go to gigs and festivals this summer, but I can see why July might feel a bit soon. I think I'd feel more up for it in August/September after having been out and about a bit more.

If I were you I'd drop them an email at Blue Dot and ask. I reckon they'll probably refund you under the circumstances.

I'm going to wait to see what Bluedot announce and go from there

I have a rescheduled gig in Oct and feel more confident in going to that... I know the fella is even more cautious from me but I would like to get back out in the summer. Just think July is too soon personally for me and the fella to do a festival

5 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Really wouldn't pay any attention to that calculator site. It's been all over the place and wrong far more than it's right except on the extremely short term predictions.

Aside from anything else, if they meet the new target confirmed today (and I think they'll exceed it comfortably) - ie that all over 50s will get an offer by April 15th then it follows that most or all over 45s are highly likely to have an offer by the end of April, and the idea that it could run as late as June is almost unthinkable.

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I have a rescheduled gig in Oct and feel more confident in going to that... I know the fella is even more cautious from me but I would like to get back out in the summer. Just think July is too soon personally for me and the fella to do a festival

In the end without insurance cover it's difficult for Bluedot, they won't know for sure until June 21st if they can go ahead...right?

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Yeah I get that. I think they will see that as a reasonable position too, to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Copperface said:

If, later in the year, Whitty doesn't get a peerage or other recognition for the stuff he has had to put up with, and the intense spotlight he has been under, when twonks like Ian Botham, Claire Fox and Jo Johnson have been shoved into the HoL for not a lot, then it would be a travesty.

I think Van Tam should get a TV series.

Perhaps a cartoon?

bb726d6d3625b5e53493c8a54bd10ede.jpg

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

In the end without insurance cover it's difficult for Bluedot, they won't know for sure until June 21st if they can go ahead...right?

Good point. Wonder if they might try to move it a bit later?

It's one I'd like to do again actually and would be more inclined to if it was a bit later in the season.