When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Would be interested in seeing a list of late summer festivals if you make one please.

Funny enough that's exactly what I'll be doing! Mate who did his first glasto last year is looking to me to find us somewhere to get hooned at the end of the summer so I'm doing him some options. I'll DM you 

Calling it now:

- By the end of March, the vaccine rollout will not only have offered a vaccine to all over 50's, but also to all over 40's and roughly half of those in their 30's

- By the end of April, adults in their late 20's will have been offered a vaccine.

- By roughly 12th May, ALL adults will have been offered the vaccine.

I also think the government know this hence the the plan to remove all limits on social contact by 21st June, by which point everyone who's had a vaccine should have had the antibodies kick in. They're announcing July as the target to manage expectations, but May is absolutely realistic. Happy to share my data if anyone wants to see how I deduced this

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Calling it now:

- By the end of March, the vaccine rollout will not only have offered a vaccine to all over 50's, but also to all over 40's and roughly half of those in their 30's

- By the end of April, adults in their late 20's will have been offered a vaccine.

I also think the government know this hence the the plan to remove all limits on social contact by 21st June, by which point everyone who's had a vaccine should have had the antibodies kick in. They're announcing July as the target to manage expectations, but May is absolutely realistic. Happy to share my data if anyone wants to see how I deduced this

Probably a little ambitious. If we are lucky, all one dose to adults by first week of June

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Probably a little ambitious. If we are lucky, all one dose to adults by first week of June

TBH if we assumed a rate of approx 3 million a week - which we've just dipped below, but have been above for a few weeks previous - then mathematically it's not far off.

I think the currently stated official targets have a lot of padding built into them.

Just now, Quark said:

I'd rather they make sure that everyone is getting their second dose within time than flying ahead with first doses, if it's a choice.

It isn't a choice, or at least doesn't need to be, unless supply suddenly drops.

Okay not a bad roll out, but I'm not 100% sure I want to be going to Bluedot festival without being jabbed and even then I'm a bit nervous about (I'm 47 and fella 49 both fat) as sharing toilets and showers n stuff with 15k folks would make me nervous after a year being indoors tbh..

I'd prefer they rescheduled it but I have a feeling I might go ahead - I wonder if they will allow refunds to folk who are a bit anxious about attending??

16 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Eh? I take it that's from the sun?  Why on earth would restrictions still be in effect for weddings, but things like Cheltenham and festivals can go ahead

Large events will have testing/proof of vaccine provisions applied if needed and arranged by the event organisers. 

Is your Uncle Bob going to bring in those same provisions for a wedding or private party?

1 minute ago, incident said:

It isn't a choice, or at least doesn't need to be, unless supply suddenly drops.

I think that's what I meant. Not great wording. I just don't want that line stretched so thin that it becomes a risk y'know?

A part of me would like to be more enthusiastic about the unveiled proposals. Guess its just a case of being wary of potential setbacks. But there was never going to be an easy way out of this hole so I guess if nothing else, it's good to have a best case scenario in mind, and it does increasingly look like the vaccine stuff should have greater effects the further into the drive we go.

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Okay not a bad roll out, but I'm not 100% sure I want to be going to Bluedot festival without being jabbed and even then I'm a bit nervous about (I'm 47 and fella 49 both fat) as sharing toilets and showers n stuff with 15k folks would make me nervous after a year being indoors tbh..

I'd prefer they rescheduled it but I have a feeling I might go ahead - I wonder if they will allow refunds to folk who are a bit anxious about attending??

Why wouldn't you be jabbed?

You'll likely both be offered a vaccine by the end of April at the absolute worst and possibly some time in March, either way well before Bluedot.

As it stands today, pretty much everywhere in the country is on Group 6, and anecdotally some have places started on Groups 7 and 8 - so people in (effectively) Group 10 aren't far away.

19 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Calling it now:

Does your calculation allow for the 15 million+ who will soon require their second jab?