When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats pretty much the case with my work ... actually im going to quite like having 2 weeks off then 🙂 

I would v much recommend going to stay with a fellow Glasto fan. I got the nod that I was coming off furlough soon that week last year so I headed up to the aforementioned friend's eco barn and it was great watching all the coverage for a few days with a fellow Glasto veteran.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Harper

Both of them have valid points really. I think the answer is somewhere in between personally.... i.e. June 21st too far and April too soon. I'm going to put it out there that I think the virus will be next to nothing sometime in May. 

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

I would v much recommend going to stay with a fellow Glasto fan. I got the nod that I was coming off furlough soon that week last year so I headed up to the aforementioned friend's eco barn and it was great watching all the coverage for a few days with a fellow Glasto veteran.

will discuss this further 😉 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Also you've gone from Harper saying vaccines are not a panacea, to Peston's doom-mongering about the vaccine's reduced efficacy after 34 days (because of a lack of data) to that tweet above within the space of 5 or so minutes...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

Wasn't this dated at the start of February i.e. weeks before the strong data regarding the vaccine's impact on transmission after a single dose was released?

Yeah, im a little pissed off they have basically said we will follow the data but not follow the data. If their modelling looks completely wrong because the vaccine and seasonal effect were under appreciated they have not given themselves any room to lift restrictions earlier. 

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

Also you've gone from Harper saying vaccines are not a panacea, to Peston's doom-mongering about the vaccine's reduced efficacy after 34 days (because of a lack of data) to that tweet above within the space of 5 or so minutes...

Moral of the story..... ignore Peston, he's a hack. 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So I guess this shows why we have the 5 weeks in between which I can understand, if their modelling has flagged up potential rising hospital admissions and deaths then it's wise to be cautious in between the steps to monitor the data.

Just now, Homer said:

You've really got me flying tonight (flying tonight)
(Hey, sugar, ooh, ooh)
You almost got us punched in a fight
(That's all right)

(Jesus Christ those lyrics are fucking awful!)

I'll stick it in the controversial thread, but that tune is a banger.

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm gonna have to try and remember what gigs I had booked.

The most confusing one was Teenage Fanclub, who not only moved to 2022 but from Bristol to Bath for some reason.

Fully expecting Q4 of 2021 to be a 3 month clashterfuck for me

Just now, Homer said:

I know it's a while away but I cannot describe how excited I am that I just checked and found out 808 State in Hackney is now on Saturday 30th October.

Spending tonight checking status of all my pending gigs, list of late summer festivals and when they expect to go back on sale