When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So they think ANY easing of restrictions at any point is going to lead to a much bigger peak in September than spring? 

Ah apparently we should be looking at the lines not the big peaks which is worst case scenario 

Still looks quite high though.. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

THE END IS IN SIGHT GUYS, filled with a lot of hope currently, 21st June is not far away!

Summer solstice that day as well.

I'm going to book the day off and watch the sunrise at Glastonbury Tor if anyone else fancies it?

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

So they think ANY easing of restrictions at any point is going to lead to a much bigger peak in September than spring? 

Key is the line, not the higher / lower reaches of the confidence factors. Scenarios 3 & 4 both have lower than spring 2020 peak

15 minutes ago, st dan said:

The strict use of ‘at least’ makes it seem very unlikely that there will be any brining forward of the 5 week review before moving through the stages. 

Disagree with that. I reckon that's partly covering themselves, and partly so they can claim success if they go early - In all honesty I'll be surprised if they don't lift at least some if not all of the restrictions currently pencilled for June 21st early.

I'm surprised to say that I'm not horrified by Johnson today. All I asked for was some kind of coherent plan that wasn't based on arbitrary dates, which they seem to have delivered. Wasn't expecting it to be perfect, which it isn't, and it relies massively on Johnson not being bullied by his own backbenchers or the press and actually sticking to the guidelines they've sent for themselves, but there's actually a pathway now.

Obviously as soon as it comes to responding to Starmer rather than reading off his script he turns back into an absolute scrotum, but can't have everything.

END OF THE ROAD HERE I COME.

Also have they announced any furlough / business support  stuff yet or are they doing the usual stick of letting business bite their nails for a few days before rishi comes out and gloats for half an hour before throwing a few pennies to the peasants.

Just now, ace56blaa said:

END OF THE ROAD HERE I COME.

Also have they announced any furlough / business support  stuff yet or are they doing the usual stick of letting business bite their nails for a few days before rishi comes out and gloats for half an hour before throwing a few pennies to the peasants.

Next week

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Disagree with that. I reckon that's partly covering themselves, and partly so they can claim success if they go early - In all honesty I'll be surprised if they don't lift at least some if not all of the restrictions currently pencilled for June 21st early.

Yeah they can always move things from steps

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm surprised to say that I'm not horrified by Johnson today. All I asked for was some kind of coherent plan that wasn't based on arbitrary dates, which they seem to have delivered. Wasn't expecting it to be perfect, which it isn't, and it relies massively on Johnson not being bullied by his own backbenchers or the press and actually sticking to the guidelines they've sent for themselves, but there's actually a pathway now.

Obviously as soon as it comes to responding to Starmer rather than reading off his script he turns back into an absolute scrotum, but can't have everything.

well, hate to say it cause he's a massive c**t...but he's in a pretty good place politically I reckon, vaccines have come to the rescue.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Is it 17th May or 21st June inside pubs as a lot of papers/news wires are saying different to each other. 

This is what I had:

12th April. non essential retail. personal care (hairdressers/ salons). Indoor leisure such as gyms. holiday lets. PUBS AND RESTAURANTS OUTDOORS.

17th May. restrictions on meeting outdoors lifted upto 30 people. can meet up to 6 indoors. PUBS AND RESTAURANTS INDOORS. Hotels/ Hostels/ B&BS. THEATRES AND CONCERTS AND SPORTING EVENTS.

21st June. ALL LEGAL LIMITS ON SOCIAL CONTACT. Weddings and Live Events. NIGHTCLUBS. Large events such as Theatres using testing