When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, DeanoL said:

Hoped to be. Even had this roadmap been announced 1 Jan I don't think it would have given a festival the size of Glastonbury the guarantees they really need. It does make the rest of the festival season and smaller festivals much more likely though.

Yeah and even one slight delay on all of this would ruin it. Reading must be pretty hopeful though- if all adults are vaccinated by end of July then the 3 weeks has kicked in by Bank Holiday weekend in August. I can see it being the first normal festival to be honest 

Just now, Radiochicken said:

Soooooooooo can Glastonbury like ermmmm un-cancel now?!

Fantastic news all round. But don't forget that the possibility still exists of some kind of delay for whatever reason. 

Cutting it a bit fine for G if there was even a weeks delay but pretty much looking forward to EoTR and Beardy now (consecutive weekends will be a killer).

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

gyms normal with no distancing ? 

"All newly open settings must abide by the social contact rules. The Government will continue to enforce restrictions and require businesses to demonstrate robust strategies for managing the risk of transmission and to ensure social distancing rules are followed."

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah and even one slight delay on all of this would ruin it. Reading must be pretty hopeful though- if all adults are vaccinated by end of July then the 3 weeks has kicked in by Bank Holiday weekend in August. I can see it being the first normal festival to be honest 

When I went to reading there weren't that many actual adults there 😉

Johnson says four reviews will also be carried out.

They will cover: the case for Covid status certificates; how events can be staged; how travel can be facilitated; and social distancing.

And he says next month the government will publish a plan for dealing with local outbreak and variants of concern.

He ends by saying it is important to be cautious, and humble in the face of the virus. But the end is in sight, he claims.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I know you are joking but 21st June is only if the conditions allow they couldn’t have run a festival in that level of uncertainty sadly. Their decision to cancel was the right one. 

Even if the numbers match last June 21st 2020 when we didnt have a vaccine it would mean the restrictions being lifted... there was hardly any deaths or hospitalisations....  I would hazard a guess this year, with a vaccine the virus will be virtually non-existent. 

I think the levels will be low enough to open sooner.... but they wont lift everything, there appears to be no flexibility. 

These are just all my personal predictions obviously. 

I know the festival want to be cautious but they have planned for the next festival for almost 2 years now, if they could get the insurance to cover cancellation. There is plenty of time to reboot the machine for June..

I'd happily pay a non-refundable fee for the chance to go this year.