When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14114026/pub-beer-gardens-march-lockdown-roadmap/

The PM is expected to allow schools to reopen on March 8, with people also expected to be told they will be able to sit down for a drink outdoors or in a park with their family, or with one friend or relative.

By May, gyms and salons will also open with rules and self-catering holidays will be permitted in the UK, it was reported.

32 minutes ago, incident said:

Think the "second half" reference is a slight red herring. The Government certainly did say that the delivery (of 60 million doses) is due in the second half of the year - however all current indications are that (if approved) deliveries can/will start earlier than that, with Novavax themselves saying April.

Thanks for the clarification!

1 hour ago, StuMalinas said:

with that in mind what happens if all adults have had their first dose of either Moderna, AZ or Pfizer do those other vaccines become not needed at all. 

Good question, I think it depends on what the situation is with variants, effectiveness of various vaccines against them, and what the data is showing regarding how long the vaccines last. Likely we'll keep the best ones for booster shots or improve protection if more spreadable strains are on the prowl, and offer some of the spare or uneeded stock to other countries to look generous and carry favour with those countries (much like Russia and China are doing).

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Good question, I think it depends on what the situation is with variants, effectiveness of various vaccines against them, and what the data is showing regarding how long the vaccines last. Likely we'll keep the best ones for booster shots or improve protection if more spreadable strains are on the prowl, and offer some of the spare or uneeded stock to other countries to look generous and carry favour with those countries (much like Russia and China are doing).

Like bailing out the EU that would be fun

55 minutes ago, incident said:

According to the JCVI report about 6 weeks back, they're working to 52m as the number.

52 minutes ago, incident said:

Scratch that, I remembered wrong - 53m.

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Scratch that we are minus 120,000 ☹️

If my spreadsheet is correct we can get to just over 50m by mid-May but then we are going to run into supply issues at that point and have to stop doing first doses. For this to be an issue though, you'd need uptake > 95%. So it's my view that we will have offered all adults a vaccine by around 15th May (groups 1-9 by 20th March)

We might as well give away our J&J and Novavax orders tbh

20 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

This apparently is via The Times:

That wouldn't be wise at all if true, to essentially have schools, shops and pubs open by Easter is too quick in my view.

This is the 2nd different leak this evening I imagine we'll get more as we go.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That wouldn't be wise at all if true, to essentially have schools, shops and pubs open by Easter is too quick in my view.

This is the 2nd different leak this evening I imagine we'll get more as we go.

Easter is still 4 weeks away. Someone posted above a thread debunking the impact of schools on the R rate so there is no reason why cases won’t continue to fall by then?

2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I get why outdoor pubs reduce risk a lot but that does not account for drunk people and social distancing, compared to sober people in indoor gyms (often alone and social distancing). 

Because they are outdoor and the risk is far less outdoors due to ventilation. 

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

Easter is still 4 weeks away. Someone posted above a thread debunking the impact of schools on the R rate so there is no reason why cases won’t continue to fall by then?

It seems too much too soon, to have all those things open essentially by Easter.