When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What about those sold misinformation ? Not necessarily idiots ... just chosen to believe something different based on an effective sales technique 

If vaccines are widely available and they refuse it, then that's the choice they've made. I'm not willing to suffer for their bad choices 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So how would vaccine passports work for those ? I’m playing devils advocate here a little ... yes I absolutely agree that most need to be vaccinated and there needs to be as many ways as possible to get this to happen ... but does it need to be that those people can’t do anything because they can’t have a passport 

A temporary period (stressing the word temporary!) from say the Summer until early next year where unvaccinated people can't attend mass events or perhaps they can if they pay to be PCR tested each time.

Would have the 'carrot' effect of increasing vaccination levels

And it's not like we're taking away these people's jobs which would breach their basic rights - they just temporarily can't go to privately-run mass events or maybe they can even if they pay for testing.

Edited by xxialac

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So how would vaccine passports work for those ? I’m playing devils advocate here a little ... yes I absolutely agree that most need to be vaccinated and there needs to be as many ways as possible to get this to happen ... but does it need to be that those people can’t do anything because they can’t have a passport 

Why can't they have a passport, If they've been vaccinated then they should get a passport for free. Those who haven't been vaccinated will be very quickly pissed off that they can't do things then they would hopefully change their mind. Those who can't medically have a vaccine get a 'vaccine passport exemption passport' which allows them to do stuff because the people their with are vaccinated. I also don't think these should be issued till 3 weeks past the first dose

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

A temporary period (stressing the word temporary!) from say the Summer until early next year where unvaccinated people can't attend mass events or perhaps they can if they pay to be PCR tested each time.

Would have the 'carrot' effect of increasing vaccination levels

And it's not like we're taking away these people's jobs which would breach their basic rights - they just temporarily can't go to privately-run mass events or maybe they can even if they pay for testing.

I don't know...I mean I want everyone to be vaccinated, but excluding those that don't, especially as many will be from deprived and/or bame communities will just add to social divisions even more? Testing is a different matter, but obviously more difficult to do...

5 minutes ago, StuMalinas said:

defo with self quarantine and testing off all people travelling to GB in 2021 and Hotel Quarantine for those coming from Red list countries

No chance.

The day the government decided to only red list some countries was the day they abandoned any kind of zero covid strategy.

Plus hauliers are exempt - and that's now in both directions - and as we rely on them, they're coming over in great numbers.

21 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Problem with the stats on "underlying health conditions" for people who've died is it's a ridiculously broad definition. People have been counted as having an underlying condition even if it's something like depression or a broken bone. The people dying with underlying conditions aren't just those who were clinically vulnerable and who would've been at the front of the jab queue.

It's fairly well defined if we're talking about when to ease restrictions, if we're talking about the group who are will be vaccinated by the time the 50+ group is done.

Just now, xxialac said:

No chance.

The day the government decided to only red list some countries was the day they abandoned any kind of zero covid strategy.

Plus hauliers are exempt - and that's now in both directions - and as we rely on them, they're coming over in great numbers.

but if the amount of virus going around is so low and the virus can't infect people and replicate then we will be in a position of near covid situations and then just redlist countries with different variants until testing is done on them

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't know...I mean I want everyone to be vaccinated, but excluding those that don't, especially as many will be from deprived and/or bame communities will just add to social divisions even more? Testing is a different matter, but obviously more difficult to do...

at the end of the day educate people as to why take it, offer them incentives and if they don't take it and start getting ill then its really just their thought really isnt it, as harsh as it sounds. 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think it will be viewed as a decision made my private companies e.g. events organisers (who will embrace it 100%) not government and ultimately a very fair question of free choice.

No one is forced to take a vaccine after all or criminalised for not taking it.

And the vaccine is offered at no cost to all, including people with no documentation.

When people in disadvantage communities see their friends taking it and being absolutely fine, rates will go up.

18 minutes ago, StuMalinas said:

I think this is what they are sorta doing, They aren't relaxing many restrictions in the next couple of months so I when the Data allows they will open up rapidly. 2 more months is nothing really in the grand scheme of things. I appreciate mental health is a big factor which is why I think people should be able to meet socially outside starting from now within groups of six but no indoor until May 

Don’t downplay the political win Spaffer can achieve if he ‘magically’ opens things up just in time for the summer holidays...

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Don’t downplay the political win Spaffer can achieve if he ‘magically’ opens things up just in time for the summer holidays...

I don't think its about politics its about safety and mortality. 2 months of harsh restrictions to reduce mortality by 98% is really not much an ask is it?

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think it will be viewed as a decision made my private companies e.g. events organisers (who will embrace it 100%) not government and ultimately a very fair question of free choice.

No one is forced to take a vaccine after all or criminalised for not taking it.

And the vaccine is offered at no cost to all, including people with no documentation.

When people in disadvantage communities see their friends taking it and being absolutely fine, rates will go up.

Israel's Green Pass scheme is being looked at but circumstances are a bit different here. But in general, the Israeli stance is either get vaccinated or prove you have had and recovered from C19, or you're stuffed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-israel/israel-starts-reopening-as-number-of-covid-vaccinees-nears-50-idUSKBN2AL036

Edited by Copperface

1 minute ago, StuMalinas said:

I don't think its about politics its about safety and mortality. 2 months of harsh restrictions to reduce mortality by 98% is really not much an ask is it?

It isn’t but you can bet Johnson - or at least his advisors - will be having a casual glance at the opinion polls and seeing how reopening can carry on the bounce they’ve got from the vaccine rollout.