When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Sounds like information overload isn't the right answer then. Unless you're literally in vaccine production it sounds like they wouldn't be satisfied. I think the "but what about X" might be an excuse not to take it. 

Maybe think about another route, like @Toilet Duck said revert to basics about it generally being a good thing and helping the community.

Also don't force it, they'll be welcome at a vaccine centre anytime they change their mind. Some people might just take a bit longer to decide it's suitable for them.

Tbh I don't think it matters what I tell them they think what they think and I do understand partly their hesitation 

I probably won't even share it with them but it was the point the info they are bitching about being not there actually is, but they will just dive onto the next thing

Its so hard as I would never push them to take the vaccine if not comfortable but it's the shite they are coming out with and they fact I'm have less and less to talk about with them cos my opinion differs ... I get so stressed talking to them now and don't recognise my dad anymore it's nuts 😞

53 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Why has some announcement happened? Got tickets for this but unless I'm jabbed not sure I want to be at a 15k people festival in July tbh

I was actually saying earlier if outdoor day festivals happen we'll need to make sure we strategically book our jabs to make sure we don't end up missing ones we want to go to because of the side effects. I don't care one bit - I'm only taking it on the chance I might get my life back  

But none of this will happen - there's such a tiny chance of non socially distanced anything in 2021 even outdoors - by the time things are eased enough it'll be nearly winter and I think theres zero chance of indoor events this year 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/hospitality-will-not-reopen-before-mid-summer-taoiseach-says-1.4490797

So there's the first minister of wales saying no normality this year AND the PM of Ireland telling you hospitality middle of summer, yet people think there will be some kind of Euros boom in England? Whatever Boris says on Monday is a lie to win votes in May. We aren't getting anything good for a while yet. 

Not a conspiracy theory, just what the scientists will want. And probably the right thing to do, it's just very hard to accept losing another year especially on a festival forum 

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Why has some announcement happened? Got tickets for this but unless I'm jabbed not sure I want to be at a 15k people festival in July tbh

No, no annoucement...they have yet to make a decision...it's just timed to happen around same time as every adult has had a jab....so maybe it could be on. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

So there's the first minister of wales saying no normality this year AND the PM of Ireland telling you hospitality middle of summer, yet people think there will be some kind of Euros boom in England? Whatever Boris says on Monday is a lie to win votes in May. We aren't getting anything good for a while yet. 

Not a conspiracy theory, just what the scientists will want. And probably the right thing to do, it's just very hard to accept losing another year especially on a festival forum 

Why? Last year hospitalisations and deaths were very low over summer and that was with a peak in March/April. This year the peak was in January and we're vaccinating at an unbelievable rate. 

Scientists will always be cautious as they have nothing to gain by being anything else. It's the role of the government to balance the science versus all the other considerations. I don't see any reason why we can't get rid of social distancing by the summer. 

Edited by El Matador

Good thing the nerds aren't in charge then!

Ireland are a different vaccine programme to us. 

If they do all over 50s by mid April and all adults by July, zero justicification for restrictions.  And I don't think the UK would be offering to host the full Euros if they weren't confident of it being possible

Edited by zahidf

tenor.gif

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Fuck the euros, I just want End of the road festival to happen. I want to be stood out in the fresh air with a cold pint in my hand watching great bands doing their stuff!

I think the two would be linked. If the country can put on a three-week/month-long tournament across the country with full (or close to) stadiums in early summer, surely an open-air festival in late summer is very achievable?

The issue could be getting the bands over...

57 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Good thing the nerds aren't in charge then!

Ireland are a different vaccine programme to us. 

If they do all over 50s by mid April and all adults by July, zero justicification for restrictions.  And I don't think the UK would be offering to host the full Euros if they weren't confident of it being possible

Literally any major country in Europe could offer to host the full Euros, if the stadiums don't have to be full.

All European countries will have people in stadiums by June...just not full ones...and the UK won't be able to have full stadiums by June either. 

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

So was Cheltenham...

There's nothing in that tweet that indicates that there won't still be social distancing.

>4,000 at a football stadium does not mean full.

Prevalence was high during Cheltenham, and most of the spread still would have been indoors. 
We’re talking about mid summer with very low levels of infection around and high levels of immunity in the population. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I think the two would be linked. If the country can put on a three-week/month-long tournament across the country with full (or close to) stadiums in early summer, surely an open-air festival in late summer is very achievable?

The issue could be getting the bands over...

Of all the problems being faced, getting the bands for a festival like EOTR is the least of their worries.

There are a vast number of bands looking for a mini tour and a payday, including a raft of UK ones.

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

At what point do you feel we should have no restrictions? 

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Literally any major country in Europe could offer to host the full Euros, if the stadiums don't have to be full.

All European countries will have people in stadiums by June...just not full ones...and the UK won't be able to have full stadiums by June either. 

Times story specifically said it would be a lot more than 4000 fans allowed into the stadiums

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Given the combination of slow procurement and more vaccine hesitancy in Europe I'd be surprised if even the vulnerable have been sufficiently vaccinated in Europe by the summer. In contrast the UK will have offered the entire population at least one jab which is highly protective against sever illness / hospitalisation in itself. 

I don't think we will have full capacity but it would make sense to host the whole thing

Edited by Rex2

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Of all the problems being faced, getting the bands for a festival like EOTR is the least of their worries.

There are a vast number of bands looking for a mini tour and a payday, including a raft of UK ones.

yeah, I don't see bands as a problem. For any call they get from a booking agent saying "this band can't make it", the agent will immediately offer up a replacement.

The line-ups of some festivals might be savaged and not have much of what was originally advertised, but I don't think many will care. They'll just be pleased to enjoy some live music again.

2 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

Prevalence was high during Cheltenham, and most of the spread still would have been indoors. 
We’re talking about mid summer with very low levels of infection around and high levels of immunity in the population. 

The Euros starts at the beginning of the Summer in early June.

The vaccine programme aims to have got everyone a vaccine with the effect kicking in by 20 August.

We know they're not planning for full stadiums by June as:

a) you can't be only planning to open up restaurants in May and then have full stadiums in June. Too rapid a transition, even with testing.

b) the leak says >4,000 people in stadiums. Does that sound like full stadiums.?

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, I don't see bands as a problem. For any call they get from a booking agent saying "this band can't make it", the agent will immediately offer up a replacement.

The line-ups of some festivals might be savaged and not have much of what was originally advertised, but I don't think many will care. They'll just be pleased to enjoy some live music again.

Totally agree with this. Actually I think there's near perfect alignment of interests for festivals. Everyone involved wants them to go ahead, the only barrier at the moment is them being legally able to.

Also think there'll be a 'going out' boom and getting tickets for any festivals that can go ahead will as tough as for Glastonbury!

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

b) the leak says >4,000 people in stadiums. Does that sound like full stadiums.?

it sounds like re-starting the stadiums crowd trial at where it was a month or two back - but obviously, the situation is changed by vaccines (and perhaps by better faster testing) so they should be able to ramp up the numbers fairly quickly.