When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

55 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

No, it’s not being hidden at all, it’s all publicly available. That was from the EMA approval, but the FDA one and the MHRA one also list them. There’s also an information sheet for each vaccine that has the ingredients listed on it. It’s all out in the open though. 

This is the sort of facts and details I need as they simply can't dispute it

Thing is will they even understand the information they have been given? I work restricted substances and REACH management as part of my role in clothing industry. Most chemical nasties are in dye stuffs but in small amounts they are safe but if you googled the chem name it would give you the list of risks. Unless you understand the balance they will just see the risk part rather than when controlled it's fine

I'll give them the info but they were going off on so many tangets they'll just latch on to something else 😞 they don't seem to do logic

Edited by shoptildrop

15 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Thing is will they even understand the information they have been given? I work restricted substances and REACH management as part of my role in clothing industry. Most chemical nasties are in dye stuffs but in small amounts they are safe but if you googled the chem name it would give you the list of risks. Unless you understand the balance they will just see the risk part rather than when controlled it's fine

I'll give them the info but they were going off on so many tangets they'll just latch on to something else 😞 they don't seem to do logic

Maybe the info they need is that with 80%+ uptake, we can avoid another lockdown, but if we don’t hit that there’s still enough unprotected people to lead to another one (that’s just one model, don’t know if that’s certain!). To be fair, if they’ve had it already they have some naturally acquired immunity anyway (though a top up with one shot could help prevent them from spreading it if they catch it again...that bit we really don’t know for sure yet though)...

34 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Sounds like information overload isn't the right answer then. Unless you're literally in vaccine production it sounds like they wouldn't be satisfied. I think the "but what about X" might be an excuse not to take it. 

Maybe think about another route, like @Toilet Duck said revert to basics about it generally being a good thing and helping the community.

Also don't force it, they'll be welcome at a vaccine centre anytime they change their mind. Some people might just take a bit longer to decide it's suitable for them.

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Here's some good news. Is it still ~70% vaccinated for population (herd) immunity?

If so today we will have vaccinated 50% of the people needed to reach that level of immunity in the adult population. 

I think the 70% figure is from natural herd immunity as in the virus running rampant through the population.

The Vaccine rollout is targeting the elderly/vulnerable and people least likely to have loads of interactions with people. The big risk is the 16-40 group being unvaccinated and it spreading like wildfire and catching people out in the risk groups who haven't been jabbed. 

Non of the jabs are targeting cutting the chains of transmission. It won't happen but if after the over 50's they looked at people who work in dense work places, use public transport, mix a lot, people who are most likely to bring the virus through the front door to spread it to family rather than work down from 50, it would probably cut cases. Not easy to work who to target mind!

Lifting restrictions and having everyone under 50 not vaccinated in pubs/restaurants thinking its all over is probably a reason for caution.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Apologies for sharing The Sun, but this is an update on the plans - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14111926/boris-johnson-four-step-plan-lockdown-ditches-tiers/

Interesting read since they’re obviously well connected, but jeeesus I hate the way they write in that paper. I feel my brain cells dying as I read through each paragraph.