When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, steviewevie said:

yeah, you know my missus was asking the same thing...what's in it? how did they come up with it so quickly? how are they able to manufacture so much of it so quickly? But if it is explained it's kind of mind boggling, so in the end you just have to trust, and look at the numbers. Anyway, we take all sorts of pills and potions, I mean I can't believe my missus would worry when she's taken all sorts of dodgy pills bought off fuckknowswho in the past, but there you go...

Exactly I trust the medical boards approval on this, I said to them so you read every ingredient on stuff you use and Google each? It's ridiculous as most chemicals in large doses can be very dangerous but in microscopic amounts they are perfectly safe..

But you have a conspiracy nutter googling a chemical and it will be like it causes cancer!! 

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

Exactly I trust the medical boards approval on this, I said to them so you read every ingredient on stuff you use and Google each? It's ridiculous as most chemicals in large doses can be very dangerous but in microscopic amounts they are perfectly safe..

But you have a conspiracy nutter googling a chemical and it will be like it causes cancer!! 

over time when things hopefully improve many people will change their minds...problem is with a lot of this sort of shit is people don't like to admit their wrong....

13 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Tbh conversation with parents was awful, my dad in particular has really went down the conspiracy rabbit hole... really upset me if being honest as they won't listen to anything!

It's their choice on whether to take the vaccine and not trying to change that, but they are coming out with such bollocks and bullshit that's doing the rounds on social media... it's hard to ignore and they keep trying to assure me they have investigated this stuff properly  errrrgghh 😞

They've always "done the research" have the conspiracists, haven't they?  Then seem reluctant to share their sources.

10 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I think you’ll find, as in new born babies, this is just wind 😉

Oh well.  Back to being not rich!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

That's a pity, though the study does acknowledge that "the patients were given a dose of vitamin D3 after a relatively long time from symptom onset to randomization (ie, mean of 10.3 days). Further studies should determine whether preventive or early vitamin D3 supplementation could be useful in the treatment of patients with COVID-19, especially those with mild or moderate disease." So it could have been a case of "too little, too late" if you can call 200 000 IU too little!  Of course this doesn't mean ensuring your Vitamin D levels are high enough before you get the disease isn't helpful or doesn't have an effect on prevention or severity. I'm still a D Disciple!

I don’t disagree that sunshine (with proper skin protection and a hat!) exercise and Vit D are good for you (fortified foods and foods naturally rich in it are better than tabs though). I still take it too! The beneficial impact of light on our circadian rhythms is counteracted by blue light at night though, so we should probably all get off our phones a bit before we go to bed!

19 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Tbh conversation with parents was awful, my dad in particular has really went down the conspiracy rabbit hole... really upset me if being honest as they won't listen to anything!

It's their choice on whether to take the vaccine and not trying to change that, but they are coming out with such bollocks and bullshit that's doing the rounds on social media... it's hard to ignore and they keep trying to assure me they have investigated this stuff properly  errrrgghh 😞

My mum came out with some utter nonsense a week or so back and it really hit me genuinely “normal” people are now being infected by this misinformation. Made me sad as well! Not sure what we can do

24 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Had conversation with the folks last night who are adamant they are not taking the jab if offer (They are 65 and 67 both had covid last March and Mam still suffering lack of smell/taste) They will listen to nothing

But one if the things they brought up was we didn't know what's in the vaccine and why don't they list the ingredients like on other drugs

So @Toilet Duck do you know what's in It? Probably won't change their mind but if info out there least I can share it with them

The Oxford vaccine is basically just a chimp cold virus (that can’t cause disease in humans and even if it could, it can’t replicate) with the gene for the spike protein inserted in it...the Pfizer and Moderna ones are even simpler, the gene itself wrapped up in a ball of fat not much different to the layer of fat that surrounds all of our cells. Everything is pretty inert and non-toxic. Older vaccines had metals included in them to boost the immune response, we don’t need that for these new ones. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Are you aware that the right wing tin-foil hatted lunatics are running a concerted campaign of misinformation (pronounced 'absolute bullshit') about Bill Gates, Covid19 and the vaccine?  You could type 'Bill Gates conspiracy' into Google to learn about this madness, but surely you've already read about this on some of the dodgy social media we know you frequent?

The reason it's clearly bullshit is very simple to understand, by the way.  This is a bloke who's already been the richest man in the world, but is currently giving away his billions to humanitarian projects.  I don't like him for petty reasons to do with Microsoft's business ethics, but to try and insinuate that he's planning to enrich himself through some dodgy Covid conspiracy has all the internal logic of accusing your local fly-tipper of stealing the burned sofa and pile of old tyres from your front garden.

There is a lot of bullshit spouted about Gates (and vaccines and covid) and it's a shame because it hides the genuine facts about his influence, control and power. People can then dismiss any questioning as conspiracy theory or even worse, it's even more demonised relative "right-wing (or far-right) conspiracy theory".

I wasn't insinuating anything in particular, just asking why he seemed so happy to be describing another pandemic, does it seem normal to smile about something that has cost the world so much this year?  He may be giving some of his billions away (I would describe that more as buying influence) but he's still worth $132billion and is busy buying up farmland in the US, I doubt if money is his motivation for becoming the "worlds doctor" more his belief that he knows best how to run the world.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/bill-gates-is-the-largest-farmland-owner-in-america-report/

You are right about his business ethics, do you think he has changed his character? I suspect not.

18 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I don’t disagree that sunshine (with proper skin protection and a hat!) exercise and Vit D are good for you (fortified foods and foods naturally rich in it are better than tabs though). I still take it too! The beneficial impact of light on our circadian rhythms is counteracted by blue light at night though, so we should probably all get off our phones a bit before we go to bed!

such a killjoy

42 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Had conversation with the folks last night who are adamant they are not taking the jab if offer (They are 65 and 67 both had covid last March and Mam still suffering lack of smell/taste) They will listen to nothing

But one if the things they brought up was we didn't know what's in the vaccine and why don't they list the ingredients like on other drugs

So @Toilet Duck do you know what's in It? Probably won't change their mind but if info out there least I can share it with them

Here’s the full list of ingredients for the Pfizer one;

((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate) (ALC-0315) 2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide (ALC-0159) 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DSPC)
Cholesterol
Potassium chloride
Potassium dihydrogen phosphate Sodium chloride

Disodium phosphate dihydrate

sucrose

water...

the big long one at the top is part of the lipid (fat) it’s wrapped up in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate) (ALC-0315) 2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide (ALC-0159) 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DSPC)
Cholesterol
Potassium chloride

sucrose

water...

Thank you for sharing this its much appreciated 

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Thank you for sharing this its much appreciated 

so you can say to them, it's ok..it just has some ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate) (ALC-0315) 2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide (ALC-0159) 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DSPC).

6 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Cholesterol
Potassium chloride

sucrose

water...

Which was of these is the actual mRNA?

Just now, steviewevie said:

so you can say to them, it's ok..it just has some ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate) (ALC-0315) 2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide (ALC-0159) 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DSPC).

Just explain that basically it has the same chemical makeup as a Big Mac.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Fine, stay inside and let us who do take it enjoy the little time we have left.

Thing is they aren't going to stay in, my parents will be out and about as it's their risk and believe that their immune system worked last time so surely it will work again... so why risk a vaccine that might change that?

I get what they are saying but it's sooo worrying for me 😞

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Not sure that that list will completely reassure them......

I can tell you now, first thing they'll say where's this info from and what's they credentials... It will not change their mind at all, but it's more the point the info is out there and not being hidden like they are getting all wound up about 

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I can tell you now, first thing they'll say where's this info from and what's they credentials... It will not change their mind at all, but it's more the point the info is out there and not being hidden like they are getting all wound up about 

No, it’s not being hidden at all, it’s all publicly available. That was from the EMA approval, but the FDA one and the MHRA one also list them. There’s also an information sheet for each vaccine that has the ingredients listed on it. It’s all out in the open though. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Cholesterol
Potassium chloride

sucrose

water...

Sounds like one of the challenges from Man Vs Food.

5 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

27 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I think a guy sold me some of them up at the stone circle one year, fuckin buzzing I was

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1