When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Bit of a dilemma that one ... I think they need to work out when they can be sure ... as near as they can that there are enough for this country ... but also make sure they can send them to others absolutely as soon as they know they will have enough for requirements as soon as supply firms up ... 

Covax/Gavi should be getting more of the supplies to distribute. But, just seems to be Russia and China doing it at the moment.

11 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Bill seems to think another one is coming,

Anyone care to explain to me why he smiles when he talks about it and why Melinda looks at him and smiles? Don't pandemics cause worldwide death?

Because he's really, really fucking rich.  If I had his money I'd be smiling too.

Alas I don't.  But my wife looks and smiles at me sometimes, so I'm rich in other ways.

Just spoke to my brother over FaceTime and apparently he’s been in to Bath today and had his haircut at a high street hairdressers.

Apparently there’s loads of places open doing them according to the hairdresser.

Yet surveys would have us think there’s 96% compliance 😂

Edited by JoeyT

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Bit of a dilemma that one ... I think they need to work out when they can be sure ... as near as they can that there are enough for this country ... but also make sure they can send them to others absolutely as soon as they know they will have enough for requirements as soon as supply firms up ... 

Totally agree, We shouldn't be in a position when we have thousands of vaccines sat in storage. Once we are through the UK population then vaccines should go to other countries. I would start with the ones most effected by Coronavirus such as brazil but I don't think it should be a country organised thing. I think it should be I pledge X amount of vaccines and then the WHO decide where they go. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wasn’t that only enough for 20% of populations ? Or am I getting confused ? 

It was...true, but that could be increased couldn't it? I mean, at moment these poorer countries aren't getting anything.

I tell you a country that has done this right is Vietnam. Did the zero covid thing and avoided mass deaths and economic damage, and have said no to vaccines from China and have said they'll just wait to receive from covax.

Bad news for Vit D in the latest study...larger trial to the one discussed last week, but no obvious impact on outcome. This one is in JAMA..

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776738

it’s not uncommon to get different results in different studies, systematic reviews will sort them out, but at the moment, correcting a deficiency with high dose Vit D doesn’t look like having the same kind of impact as steroids do. 

image.jpeg.91ec9e9ed95b317bf65d2847ce95ee4c.jpeg

30 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Anyone care to explain to me why he smiles when he talks about it and why Melinda looks at him and smiles? Don't pandemics cause worldwide death?

He's smiling because it will get attention. At last the idiots are going to listen and do something about it.

Oh sorry, no, it's because of all the money he'll make, the evil fuck.

22 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Are you aware that the right wing tin-foil hatted lunatics are running a concerted campaign of misinformation (pronounced 'absolute bullshit') about Bill Gates, Covid19 and the vaccine?  You could type 'Bill Gates conspiracy' into Google to learn about this madness, but surely you've already read about this on some of the dodgy social media we know you frequent?

The reason it's clearly bullshit is very simple to understand, by the way.  This is a bloke who's already been the richest man in the world, but is currently giving away his billions to humanitarian projects.  I don't like him for petty reasons to do with Microsoft's business ethics, but to try and insinuate that he's planning to enrich himself through some dodgy Covid conspiracy has all the internal logic of accusing your local fly-tipper of stealing the burned sofa and pile of old tyres from your front garden.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Bad news for Vit D in the latest study...larger trial to the one discussed last week, but no obvious impact on outcome. This one is in JAMA..

it’s not uncommon to get different results in different studies, systematic reviews will sort them out, but at the moment, correcting a deficiency with high dose Vit D doesn’t look like having the same kind of impact as steroids do. 

damn, wasted my money on a bag of vit d tabs.

7 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Are you aware that the right wing tin-foil hatted lunatics are running a concerted campaign of misinformation (pronounced 'absolute bullshit') about Bill Gates, Covid19 and the vaccine?  You could type 'Bill Gates conspiracy' into Google to learn about this madness, but surely you've already read about this on some of the dodgy social media we know you frequent?

The reason it's clearly bullshit is very simple to understand, by the way.  This is a bloke who's already been the richest man in the world, but is currently giving away his billions to humanitarian projects.  I don't like him for petty reasons to do with Microsoft's business ethics, but to try and insinuate that he's planning to enrich himself through some dodgy Covid conspiracy has all the internal logic of accusing your local fly-tipper of stealing the burned sofa and pile of old tyres from your front garden.

That made me chuckle! 

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yesterday the ONS released their latest weekly study into COVID and the social impacts. It has some interesting information on home schooling and compliance too. 93% of people always avoid physical contact when outside of the home. The study is below:

So hold on, according to that 44% of people left the house for non-allowed reasons? That doesn’t suggest very high compliance to me..? And to be honest, 44% of people bending/breaking the rules seems much more aligned with where I live.

16 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

That's a pity, though the study does acknowledge that "the patients were given a dose of vitamin D3 after a relatively long time from symptom onset to randomization (ie, mean of 10.3 days). Further studies should determine whether preventive or early vitamin D3 supplementation could be useful in the treatment of patients with COVID-19, especially those with mild or moderate disease." So it could have been a case of "too little, too late" if you can call 200 000 IU too little!  Of course this doesn't mean ensuring your Vitamin D levels are high enough before you get the disease isn't helpful or doesn't have an effect on prevention or severity. I'm still a D Disciple!

Had conversation with the folks last night who are adamant they are not taking the jab if offer (They are 65 and 67 both had covid last March and Mam still suffering lack of smell/taste) They will listen to nothing

But one if the things they brought up was we didn't know what's in the vaccine and why don't they list the ingredients like on other drugs

So @Toilet Duck do you know what's in It? Probably won't change their mind but if info out there least I can share it with them

Tbh conversation with parents was awful, my dad in particular has really went down the conspiracy rabbit hole... really upset me if being honest as they won't listen to anything!

It's their choice on whether to take the vaccine and not trying to change that, but they are coming out with such bollocks and bullshit that's doing the rounds on social media... it's hard to ignore and they keep trying to assure me they have investigated this stuff properly  errrrgghh 😞

Edited by shoptildrop

5 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Had conversation with the folks last night who are adamant they are not taking the jab if offer (They are 65 and 67 both had covid last March and Mam still suffering lack of smell/taste) They will listen to nothing

But one if the things they brought up was we didn't know what's in the vaccine and why don't they list the ingredients like on other drugs

So @Toilet Duck do you know what's in It? Probably won't change their mind but if info out there least I can share it with them

yeah, you know my missus was asking the same thing...what's in it? how did they come up with it so quickly? how are they able to manufacture so much of it so quickly? But if it is explained it's kind of mind boggling, so in the end you just have to trust, and look at the numbers. Anyway, we take all sorts of pills and potions, I mean I can't believe my missus would worry when she's taken all sorts of dodgy pills bought off fuckknowswho in the past, but there you go...