When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I’m 35. Had covid last March - health has been very poor since. Various parts of my body just failing, permanent lethargy, bad heart, permanent smell and taste change  etc. 
Got the call on Wednesday, spare vaccine, come down to the surgery quick. AstraZeneca. 
Doctor warned me I might have hard side effects due to having had the virus already. He was right! 
Insane fevers, partner thought I was fitting because I was shaking so much. Hallucinating, seeing dead friends by my bed etc.  Entire body in agony and a banging headache. 

36 hours down the line and I have a stuffy head and am sore, but I’m pretty sure that’s down to the ferocity of the shaking during fever. 

All 100% worth it to have had my first dose, but oh man it was not a pleasant ride. Hoping round two won’t be so bad. 

21 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

JCVI Chairman Wen Shei Lim argues that age should continue to be the key factor in the vaccine rollout beyond groups 1-9. Sounds like those in their 40’s can expect the call around Easter time. 

Probably quicker than trying to fathom out which jobs and how to contact people in those jobs. Weird to see people in their 40s possibly getting the vaccine by easter- when that vaccine queue calculator was first posted on these boards , I think it gave 40 year olds as being late autumn/winter, and that was if at all (there were rumblings at the time that the government would only vaccinate people over 50)- crazy how quickly things have turned around!

19 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Am I right to feel a bit confused by this?

With all the data coming out surely doing something like this is only going to piss people off massively?!

The problem is the word lockdown. 

It’s a really emotive word, when it seems the press can use it to mean anything from “STAY HOME NO MATTER WHAT” all the way to what we had back in July last year, pretty minimal restrictions. 

Edited by Mellotr0n

9 minutes ago, themuel said:

I’m 35. Had covid last March - health has been very poor since. Various parts of my body just failing, permanent lethargy, bad heart, permanent smell and taste change  etc. 
Got the call on Wednesday, spare vaccine, come down to the surgery quick. AstraZeneca. 
Doctor warned me I might have hard side effects due to having had the virus already. He was right! 
Insane fevers, partner thought I was fitting because I was shaking so much. Hallucinating, seeing dead friends by my bed etc.  Entire body in agony and a banging headache. 

36 hours down the line and I have a stuffy head and am sore, but I’m pretty sure that’s down to the ferocity of the shaking during fever. 

All 100% worth it to have had my first dose, but oh man it was not a pleasant ride. Hoping round two won’t be so bad. 

This sounds horrendous. Glad you're on the mend now. And sorry to hear of the long Covid stuff. Sounds really grim.

14 minutes ago, themuel said:

kin'ell. That sounds rough.

16 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

It’s a really emotive word, when it seems the press can use it to mean anything from “STAY HOME NO MATTER WHAT” all the way to what we had back in July last year, pretty minimal restrictions. 

Yeah definitely, there are varying forms of lockdowns and if their one gets extended it doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be a really tight stay at home order. Could be a lockdown with certain things open etc. 

16 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

The word lockdown needs abolished other than when we are in a period of full blown stay at home order like we are just now.

I’m particularly baffled by the term “local lockdown” being handed around in the North West in August when you could literally go to the pub. 

Was always going to be slow. My parents are getting vaccined next week and they are 63/64 respectively so by end of Feb hopefully all 60 and plus should be done.

Again though. On the music stance, it's way away from the age that is going to be buying tickets for concerts left, right and centre.

56 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Am I right to feel a bit confused by this?

With all the data coming out surely doing something like this is only going to piss people off massively?!

They're a fair bit behind the UK in terms of vaccinations though so potentially that is a reason for this.

NI will be in lockdown until after Easter so this is really only a month behind.

I'd be very surprised if there is much relaxation across the UK until after Easter.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Good that there is more notice than last time. Have they actually learnt something?

It looks like it doesn’t it, with this news and the leaks where we are potentially loosening lockdown slowly it seems they might have learnt.  

54 minutes ago, themuel said:

Other than being a horrific read (and I take my hat off to you for being able to cope with all that) your post is relevant to something I've been wondering about Covid vaccination.  Some people get the vaccine and suffer nothing more than a slightly sore arm, whereas others are confined to their beds for a couple of weeks.  I've been wondering whether the same determinants of whether you get seriously ill, or die, from Covid also apply to how you'll react to the vaccine.  What your Doctor told you seems to be a small piece of evidence to support that hypothesis.

Like most people, I'd like to think that I've got a rock-hard immune system and that Covid wouldn't touch me, but also like most people, I don't want to play that particular game of Russian Roulette to find out.  However, if your reaction to the vaccine indicates how you'd have fared with the real thing, that's a consequence-free way of finding out.  @Toilet Duck - any ideas?

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

I would be interested to know about this too @Toilet Duck. I would have thought that if you'd had it before you would have a less bad reaction because your immune system recognises the virus and knows how to fight it, not the reverse. But that seems to be the opposite of what people are saying?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl