When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Indeed- key data we need is how much vaccinated people can transmit the virus, and also whether the various vaccines protect against severe illness with regards the strain first identified in S Africa. Here’s hoping!

That's relatively minor considering it's rare in this country. 

BUT HERE YOU GO ANYWAY

Edited by zahidf

15 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

I think the early reports have been positive (may be wrong, there’s so much info to absorb). I really hope that the tide only goes one way now 

They have been very positive, we still need to be cautious but we are coming towards the end of all this. 

On 2/3/2021 at 8:19 PM, Mr.Tease said:

Can you let us know how the second dose goes? A few have said that’s when you get side effects with Pfizer, and I’d like to know if I should book the following day off work just in case!

So second dose is booked in for Monday. I’ll let you know how I feel come Tuesday 

41 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

Get this on Boris’ desk tomorrow! 

I think that most people probably will continue to wear this bullshit for a while into the Spring, but if the Government goes off in pursuit of very low case numbers after people have pretty well stopped dying then people will start to seriously question what the Government is playing at. That is, the Government might, under pressure from the masks-until-the-end-of-time faction of SAGE and their doom-laden models, still try to engage in a slow creep unlocking - schools, wait a month, gyms, wait a month, shops, wait a month, etc, etc. But the public will expect both care home visits and family meet-ups in general to be restored once the over 50s are all done and have had their three weeks to build immunity, and I think if we've not got the pubs and restaurants back by the time the hospitalisation and death figures are down to last Summer's levels then there will be ructions.
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jcatley said:

Interesting that this has also come out. All points to that the vaccine data is really strong

Hang on, I didn’t check the news for a couple of days and I’ve slipped into a different timeline apparently?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

JCVI Chairman Wen Shei Lim argues that age should continue to be the key factor in the vaccine rollout beyond groups 1-9. Sounds like those in their 40’s can expect the call around Easter time. 

I hope when the time that call comes I can search google for the number and then decide to answer it or not.