When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

45 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Just got an email from the Barbican: "Because of the ongoing uncertainty caused by the pandemic, we’ve decided to cancel nearly all concerts that were due to take place between 25 March and 11 July 2021."

😞

Defeatist.

It's meant to be Barbican, not Barbican't.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, august1 said:

Still waiting on a jab for someone who's 100 (One hundred). GP still saying will be weeks before someone comes out to do it, they have come into contact 3-4 carers a day. Surely should be some procedure to complain?

Write to your MP? Rant on Twitter? That's bang out of order this far into the rollout.

6 minutes ago, august1 said:

Still waiting on a jab for someone who's 100 (One hundred). GP still saying will be weeks before someone comes out to do it, they come into contact with 3-4 carers a day. Surely should be some procedure to complain?

Should be able to book online now?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

we'll never know...because we don't actually know how many people are breaking rules and meeting indoors...maybe if they relaxed that rule the infection rate would go up again, or maybe it wouldn't...I guess there's only one way we can find out.

Yeah there’s a good chance it will remain the great unknown

6 minutes ago, august1 said:

Booking online is for going to get vaccinated rather than someone coming out I think.

Yeah that's... so much harder. Maybe try to book then in first and then contact them that way? Once they are in the system, it'd be easier in theory to contact someone on the vaccination team who can help along the chain. 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

I really think we could see the end of social distancing before the end of the year with this news, theres a way to go but I know we're getting out of this soon 

End of the year would be horrendous. Throw social distancing in the bin where it belongs end of May.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Interesting that this has also come out. All points to that the vaccine data is really strong

Also the news of test and trace firing employees today, if linked the Gov must be extremely confident that this is coming to an end. Though not getting hopes up just yet.

15 minutes ago, st dan said:

You would think that more or less every band/artist/comedian is going to want to tour in 2022, when all this distancing should finally all be over.
It’s going to be a real scramble for venues, but should be lots for the public to choose from!

I think we're going to see a huge range of new venues being built or spaces used for different reasons, I'm due to be going to a comedy festival in a park in September so maybe outdoor events may become more commonplace than they are now 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 19liam75 said:

Also the news of test and trace firing employees today, if linked the Gov must be extremely confident that this is coming to an end. Though not getting hopes up just yet.

Yeah certainly not getting hopes up as we have already been here twice before! 

1 minute ago, Jcatley said:

Yeah certainly not getting hopes up as we have already been here twice before! 

Indeed- key data we need is how much vaccinated people can transmit the virus, and also whether the various vaccines protect against severe illness with regards the strain first identified in S Africa. Here’s hoping!

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Indeed- key data we need is how much vaccinated people can transmit the virus, and also whether the various vaccines protect against severe illness with regards the strain first identified in S Africa. Here’s hoping!

I think the early reports have been positive (may be wrong, there’s so much info to absorb). I really hope that the tide only goes one way now