When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

52 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Indeed it does.

Given cases have been falling fairly steadily up until the last couple of days to me that would indicate that the majority of people are still following the rules as if people were meeting in households as has been indicated then we would potentially see the effects of that. 

Or it could be that meeting one or two people indoors isn’t actually a big risk in terms of spreading? That’s the main rule breaking that I know of. A lot of other European countries allow it even in Lockdown.

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Or it could be that meeting one or two people indoors isn’t actually a big risk in terms of spreading? That’s the main rule breaking that I know of. A lot of other European countries allow it even in Lockdown.

we'll never know...because we don't actually know how many people are breaking rules and meeting indoors...maybe if they relaxed that rule the infection rate would go up again, or maybe it wouldn't...I guess there's only one way we can find out.

1 hour ago, chestwig said:

Could you please explain how a virus you show no symptoms of can possible be spread by seeing someone? 

There's multiple studies that show aystomatic transmission is not the driving force behind this particular virus.

Just wondering if you've identified everyone who has given you a cold or flu in your lifetime?

I'd guess no.

Think about it.

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Maybe the guy Connor who replied to me on Monday, who promised to get back to me with an update before I travel has been fired then..

Or maybe they are just bloody useless!

There's good and bad news. The bad news Connor is that you will lose your job unless you relocate to Swindon. The good news is I've been promoted!

You're still think about the bad news, aren't you...

Dame Dido.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just wondering if you've identified everyone who has given you a cold or flu in your lifetime?

I'd guess no.

Think about it.

Probably not identified but that wasn't really the question here. If someone has given you a cold or flu, they most certainly had symptoms as it's pretty clear if you've cold a cold. At the very least you with have sniffles, a runny nose or be bunged and look like shit. It's pretty escapable to have a cold and not one of these because that's what a cold is. Whereas covid, you can be positive due to being a carrier yet experience nothing yourself at all.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not factually accurate.

People are infectious without necessarily showing symptoms, for all sorts of things including covid.

Yep

When Flu Spreads

Symptoms can begin about 2 days (but can range from 1 to 4 days) after the virus enters the body. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick. Some people can be infected with the flu virus but have no symptoms.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/spread.htm